CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The demo is changing. It has to. They will have double a normal crowd tomorrow and I would guess many will be new fans. I can't see many of the old guard who swore off the team now going back just because they are in a playoff race. I just don't understand that logic. If you love football, go support the team and the new owner. The old BOD is gone.

The switch for me was the ownership change and the goodbye forever to the BOD. Having an actual owner that cares about the history of the team and having an actual enjoyable experience at a game trumps fixating about a name change for me. If a name change comes now, that is just gravy. As for attendance tomorrow, a lot of those going from what I gather are fans who stopped going to games due to the destructive ways of the BOD and Jones.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Is it really a bold prediction? The team lost several very winnable games in the first few weeks of the season with their 2nd-best QB at the helm. Hardly a stretch to think Ford could have tilted the scales in two of the eight losses...and that would be enough to have them tied for first place.
I think that if Ford had been given some playing time then the team could easily be 7-5 or maybe even 8-4 and be in the hunt for first place. It isn't a bold prediction when you look at how 4 losses came down to the last play of the game.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
That’s a bold prediction and I doubt that’s correct. Maybe you’re being facetious. I can’t tell.

I remember when we’d get over 50,000 out for a game like this.
Its not really a prediction just speculation but I think there are two losses that would have been wins if he was in the game. One of those being the opening game against Saskatchewan where MBT fumbled the ball with less than 2 minutes to play. Another being the road game against Ottawa where we only scored 14 points. It's only two more wins to be in first place.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Well secured some tickets to the game today, my boys first game. There was no way I was taking him to the Elks game with 10k people and a tire fire of a team on the field. It just felt like today was the day. We always went in the early late 90's and 2000's as a family during the Mass RR heyday and I remember the labour day rematch was a guaranteed 40k, usually closer to 50k.

An as an aside there was not much tickets left at all, still some left of the expensive tickets. I got one of the last "kids get in free" in some alcohol free section Should be a good one. The better not lay an egg today.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Well secured some tickets to the game today, my boys first game. There was no way I was taking him to the Elks game with 10k people and a tire fire of a team on the field. It just felt like today was the day. We always went in the early late 90's and 2000's as a family during the Mass RR heyday and I remember the labour day rematch was a guaranteed 40k, usually closer to 50k.

An as an aside there was not much tickets left at all, still some left of the expensive tickets. I got one of the last "kids get in free" in some alcohol free section Should be a good one. The better not lay an egg today.
Have fun! We would have liked to go but golfing in a "horse race" later on today out at Trestle Creek. Should be a shit show.

Reactions: timekeep

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Is there any way Ford doesn't end up in Toronto next season with the way Chad Kelly is going?
LT could make him the highest paid player in the league next year with that marketing cap loophole. That might entice him to stay.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Ottawa pounding Toronto with all those guys on offense injured was something to see. Redblacks might yet challenge Montreal for top spot.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Tyler here.

Riders down in the fourth

I’m also quite drunk. Let’s go Elks. Kick some stamped ass

Then. We can watch Desert Heat together once the game is over. One of Van Damme’s finest

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Banjo Bowl is gonna come down to the wire. Not sure why Suitor is surprised Winnipeg gambled on 3rd and 1 versus a 51 yard FG attempt...

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Lol, Riders. Can’t even bother to cheer for them, just a shit org up and down the whole f***ing thing 🤣. Get rid of O’Day for f*** sakes, bring anyone in with an ounce of intelligent thought to build a football roster.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Empty calorie chucker Trevor Harris coming up light again at crunch time. Dink and dunk offence is not winning games and when needed to stretch the field interceptions follow. Riders race to the basement continues.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
f***ing Harris.
Meh, Harris always was ass. Embarrassing they let Fajardo walk and thought great-grandpa Harris was the answer. But that’s idiot O’Day for you.

I guess we can officially say the Riders have collapsed at this point.
It was inevitable with that coaching staff and roster construction. The Elks should leapfrog them next weekend.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Meh, Harris always was ass. Embarrassing they let Fajardo walk and thought great-grandpa Harris was the answer. But that’s idiot O’Day for you.

It was inevitable with that coaching staff and roster construction. The Elks should leapfrog them next weekend.
Your preaching to the choir, brother. My comments, in this ongoing thread, of JOD has been consistent in my disgust of his entire tenure as GM.

How he earned an extension is just a further indictment on Craig Reynolds as well.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Calgary has looked at film and is coming with more pressure this game. Oh-oh-- that doesn't bode well for MBT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad