London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
and ill ask again, how do you know this? whats the rush to decide in June? for all we know the kid is signed and on a month long vacation before both sides want to make an annoucement.
He's same poster that says Knights have lost when they are down a goal. E v e r y s I n g l e t I m e !

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
This is now the 2nd year they couldn't get their 1st rounder to report. That's the issue. Instead of taking a risk on a player who wants to go elsewhere, they should've selected someone who was willing to report. Also there must be a deadline to apply/report to colleges in the states, so he will need to make a decision soon
It’s June 28. If he is not signed by training camp panic then

Until then chill the hell out

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
This is now the 2nd year they couldn't get their 1st rounder to report. That's the issue. Instead of taking a risk on a player who wants to go elsewhere, they should've selected someone who was willing to report. Also there must be a deadline to apply/report to colleges in the states, so he will need to make a decision soon
what college do you think this kid is going g to at 16? Devry?

• Haha
Reactions: RayzorIsDull

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
Maybe not, but if he wants to play college down the line, he won't sign/ play in the chl
Do you always look at the worst possible scenario??? Every game the Knights play, they're done in the 1st period according to you ....fortunately you're wrong 99.9% of the time. Wouldn't surprise me if thats the case with this issue also.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Do you always look at the worst possible scenario??? Every game the Knights play, they're done in the 1st period according to you ....fortunately you're wrong 99.9% of the time. Wouldn't surprise me if thats the case with this issue also.
Since when is mocking/ belittling others ok? Must be OK if you do it? That's my opinion, never said it was a fact. Again nothing wrong with ncaa or bchl, but the players should make that clear before draft

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't know what will be the final picks, but as of 1:15 this afternoon, Bill Meltzer's final mocked ranking has Sam O'Reilly at #30 of the first round. He may not be picked in the first round as I expected him to, but he did get a lot of attention since his 4th ranking at the start of the season

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Sam Dickinson to the San Jose Sharks. However, maybe Mark Hunter calls Mike Greer and says hey bring back Kasper Halttunen with Sam Dickinson for the start of the 2024-2025 season ;) lol!

Unlikely as Halttunen will be in the AHL, but fun to speculate

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Apparently the Flyers wanted Dickinson as well at the 12th overall pick.

Would be weird to keep an eye on the Flyers, but it would have been cool to have Sam Dickinson, Oliver Bonk and Denver Barkey in the Flyers system.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Congrats Sammy o! Some people are trashing this pick for edmonton, forgetting that lots of people trashed toronto for grabbing cowan in the first round! Hope he proves doubters wrong like cowan! Confident he will :)

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sam O'Reilly is a first round pick. Going to Philadelphia at #32

Congratulation to Sam Dickinson and Sam O'Reilly, both 2024 first rounders !

My mistake, looks like Philadelphia traded their pick to Edmonton I guess O'Reilly is heading to Oilers' land

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Apparently the Flyers wanted Dickinson as well at the 12th overall pick.

Would be weird to keep an eye on the Flyers, but it would have been cool to have Sam Dickinson, Oliver Bonk and Denver Barkey in the Flyers system.
How about O'Reilly joining them, the Flyers now have 3 of London Knights in their future camp. Looks like they will improve their fan base coming out of London town

Correction, Sam O'Reilly is not going to Philadelphia, he's going to Edmonton, he's not joining Bonk and Barkey, he's joining Bouchard and Perry

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
How about O'Reilly joining them, the Flyers now have a complete forward line of London Knights in their future camp. Looks like they will improve their fan base coming out of London town
They traded the pick to Edmonton and they selected Sam O’Reilly. So Sam is an Oiler.

Reactions: Fastpace

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Just a reminder to all the young Knights prospects to trust the Knights system.

This continues the trend that if you aren’t a 1st rounder, you might be playing Junior B, but it’s okay. Look who did that and become 1st round picks since 2021…

Logan Mailloux, Oliver Bonk, Easton Cowan, Sam O’Rielly etc.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Skill, talent and offensive numbers are looked at before drafting players, for O'Reilly, it was all this and plus, it's his defensive responsibility that got him drafted in the first round. I, personally, noticed it all year and predicted he'd be a first rounder, based on other talents in this year's class, thought he'd be picked in the middle of the first round. Unfortunately for O'Reilly, he did have a 4 weeks low in mid-February to mid-March, stalling his progression for a while. I honestly believe the Oilers just got their second Mark Messier for their organization, Sam, if his development stays the path, has all the characteristic values of Messier's. IMHO

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Skill, talent and offensive numbers are looked at before drafting players, for O'Reilly, it was all this and plus, it's his defensive responsibility that got him drafted in the first round. I, personally, noticed it all year and predicted he'd be a first rounder, based on other talents in this year's class, thought he'd be picked in the middle of the first round. Unfortunately for O'Reilly, he did have a 4 weeks low in mid-February to mid-March, stalling his progression for a while. I honestly believe the Oilers just got their second Mark Messier for their organization, Sam, if his development stays the path, has all the characteristic values of Messier's. IMHO
Messier is very lofty to compare. Let the kid do his thing and blaze his own name. He will be a fantastic player moving forward. A strong two way presence that any team could use

Reactions: Fastpace

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Utinkov has really slipped in the draft. At one time he was ranked 21st.

Six days ago these were his rankings.

Bob McKenzie: Honourable Mention
Will Scouch: 32nd
Elite Prospects: 113th
Scott Wheeler: 74th
Dobber Prospects: 48th
FC Hockey: 36th
McKeen's Hockey: 90th

3rd round has just finished and has has yet to be snagged. So, that being said the Hunters must have had some really good itel to release him.

• Wow
Reactions: frontsfan67 and LDN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad