London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
My question is: If not for the comment directed towards Hache, is there any suspension at all for the pregame warmup thing? Or are they tacking that on to help justify the 5 games.

I didn’t see the pregame thing, but for those who did, did it warrant anything? What exactly happened after Sim initiated the bump?
There was no specific line item added other than to state the event occurred. Weak attempt to justify a weak ruling.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Montreal TSN 690 radio even mentioned the Sim incident this morning.
I'm sure the OHL isn't happy some went public n mainstream with it lol.
Seems to be a consensus across multi media, modern socially correct advocates advocates n fans about the issue and it isn't siding with how the OHL does business or the decision based on what info is out there.
Didn't hurt the team but sucked for the kid.

My question is: If not for the comment directed towards Hache, is there any suspension at all for the pregame warmup thing? Or are they tacking that on to help justify the 5 games.

I didn’t see the pregame thing, but for those who did, did it warrant anything? What exactly happened after Sim initiated the bump?
Was there for pregame but didn't notice it outside probly after the incident the linesman aggressively patrolled the red line.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Since this Sim suspension has become a hot topic again, Saginaw has decided to come out in defense of Hache. They say the story being told is incorrect and that Hache never spoke to any officials and did not ‘report’ Sim for using abusive language.

They say the officials heard it themselves and acted on their own accord without any prompting from Hache.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Since this Sim suspension has become a hot topic again, Saginaw has decided to come out in defense of Hache. They say the story being told is incorrect and that Hache never spoke to any officials and did not ‘report’ Sim for using abusive language.

They say the officials heard it themselves and acted on their own accord without any prompting from Hache.
I don't really see it as a negative for the kid. He was simply using the tools available to him. It's the OHL that screwed up he just anticipated the weakness of the system and exploited it...

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Of course, of course, they would say that, best they let rest, this whole embarrassment is getting worse for them by the seconds

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Thought it was odd from the outset a player would run and say that to an official, esp after allegedly threatening them, but it just gives further credence to the fact the OHLs vail of secrecy causes more harm than good.
Not all the facts needed to come out but when the system is what it is people affected are going to go public on either side.
Hey....pregame infraction we didn't care about until somebody maybe said something in the 3rd period.....and that wasn't dealt with.....until maybe a player said something and then we will not have an appeal as we are supreme ruler lol.
No wonder it's gotten media attention across NA as a joke.
And I haven't picked sides in this he said, she said, they said, maybe, maybe not, only 1 party gets heard debacle lol.
I'll say it again, hopefully the OHL gets embarrassed by this and improves the system for all. But I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Why not come out with that POV 2 weeks ago when the agent n LK staff went public.
Bad optics waiting until just before the Memorial Cup starting and the NA media heat turned up big time lol.
If it was worth defending, JMO opinion but ya do so when his agent or LK AGM went public not 2 weeks later.

Even if the defense is true the optics are terrible and perception is often more influential that facts.

Another fail in this situation. First the O n now Saginaw. And I still haven't whined about the sudoendion length as I font know the whole story but the league looks like a joke and the Spirit is way late to the party lol ( maybe they got asked to by the league? Same as notingvthe pregame stuff in the suspension.....smells fishy)

Should make a interesting game thou in the round Robin but I doubt the TV media touches it at all during the broadcast)

Reactions: All the Answers

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Thought it was odd from the outset a player would run and say that to an official, esp after allegedly threatening them, but it just gives further credence to the fact the OHLs vail of secrecy causes more harm than good.
Not all the facts needed to come out but when the system is what it is people affected are going to go public on either side.
Hey....pregame infraction we didn't care about until somebody maybe said something in the 3rd period.....and that wasn't dealt with.....until maybe a player said something and then we will not have an appeal as we are supreme ruler lol.
No wonder it's gotten media attention across NA as a joke.
And I haven't picked sides in this he said, she said, they said, maybe, maybe not, only 1 party gets heard debacle lol.
I'll say it again, hopefully the OHL gets embarrassed by this and improves the system for all. But I won't hold my breath.
Daddy's son, when papa is the league supreme head of referees, imagine the son going to a referee who is doing nothing and going telling daddy about it. Nepotism is well, even when they say Hache sr. stepped down for a while

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Daddy's son, when papa is the league supreme head of referees, imagine the son going to a referee who is doing nothing and going telling daddy about it. Nepotism is well, even when they say Hache sr. stepped down for a while
I'm not going there and haven't. But have at er.
It's your speculation. I'll be the first to say optics arent good overall, and that's my point based on the OHL secrecy. The daddy comment and who said what......lol. Neither daddy or son made the final call......maybe focus on that and why the system doesn't have checks n balances, redundancy, layers.......
Ive got no idea who said what and I was there, unless ya had a mic that caught it all neither do you. Your putting trust in what you want to believe. Cool.
It's all he said, she said.
It's the system I look at, not ref call whinning, league decision whinning or whatever. Fix the system.

I'll stick to hoping the system and checks and balances improves.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmead and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I'm not going there and haven't. But have at er.
It's your speculation. I'll be the first to say optics arent good overall, and that's my point based on the OHL secrecy. The daddy comment and who said what......lol. Neither daddy or son made the final call......maybe focus on that and why the system doesn't have checks n balances, redundancy, layers.......
Ive got no idea who said what and I was there, unless ya had a mic that caught it all neither do you. Your putting trust in what you want to believe. Cool.
It's all he said, she said.
It's the system I look at, not ref call whinning, league decision whinning or whatever. Fix the system.

I'll stick to hoping the system and checks and balances improves.
You are absolutely right! It is speculation, can't ague that, and then again where is the transparency, and why is it left open. Cheers!

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
according to some Saginaw Fans the Knights have arrived

Attachments

• 442420551_7506078622810481_4365218753291917302_n (1).jpg
    442420551_7506078622810481_4365218753291917302_n (1).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad