London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
For anyone who was at the game.

Also, isn't intentionally Throwing the puck in the stands a 5 game suspension in the OHL?
FB_IMG_1716680098159.jpg

Reactions: rve24 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Not going undefeated! Lawrence and Sim can not control their emotions and play too dirty! Team may be good but a bunch of whiners and hacks. Dirtiest players in the league.
Of course, of course, what else a defeated Firebird fan would say about two winning hockey players, still sore for losing we see

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Awesom
Not going undefeated! Lawrence and Sim can not control their emotions and play too dirty! Team may be good but a bunch of whiners and hacks. Dirtiest players in the league.
Awesome contribution. Possibly POST OF THE YEAR.

Thanks for dropping by to air your grievances. Now go sit at the kids table while the adults have a real discussion. (pretty condescending, but warranted).

4 - Nil London. A couple of quick strikes in 3rd knocked the Volts off their game. Thought the 2nd was good pushback.

Lets see how Moose Jaw rebounds. Gonna be good gme on Monday.

Also, isn't intentionally Throwing the puck in the stands a 5 game suspension in the OHL?View attachment 875738
Stubbsy mentioned they are playing NHL rules, not sure if it matches the O

That reminds me of the 0.1 second Horvat goal where the Colts defensemen picked up the puck and hid it in his pants. Class acts both.

Last edited:
Reactions: rve24

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If there were a time for someone to shine, these next four games will be that time. It's Michael Simpson second crack at this big can, last year was not his very best, but with his teammate helps, he should be ready this second time around for his redemption
I agree Fastpace about Simpson and last year. But I still maintain the best team from the OHL was not at the Memorial Cup last year! LOL, still pissed about letting Game 2 and the series slip away.

Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Solid W. Took a few shifts for the game to settle in but then LK just went to work n executed.
Hoping Dru is pissed off and plays a hard, clean physical game n takes it to the Spirit tomorrow.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Of course, of course, what else a defeated Firebird fan would say about two winning hockey players, still sore for losing we see
I’d say their series was about as clean and respectful as any playoff series Flint has yet had and that it’s a ridiculous comment if you’ve watched Parekh and Saginaw or the Greyhounds multiple times over the last couple seasons. London is the model to try and emulate, not cry about. If I’m picking someone from the Knights to whine about it would be Bonk that I don’t care for anyway. Flint should have scooped Kaleb for an 8th when they had the chance and ditched Dann or Peer.

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
Big win today for the boys!! My only concern is that Cowan had a bit of a tough outing today - didn’t seem to have his usual speed and quickness. He also took a booming slapshot from Edward in the 2nd and he didn’t have many shifts in the 3rd. I hope he can come back okay and healthy in game 2. We will need him as this tournament moves forward. Go Knights!!

Reactions: Buttsy

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I’d say their series was about as clean and respectful as any playoff series Flint has yet had and that it’s a ridiculous comment if you’ve watched Parekh and Saginaw or the Greyhounds multiple times over the last couple seasons. London is the model to try and emulate, not cry about. If I’m picking someone from the Knights to whine about it would be Bonk that I don’t care for anyway. Flint should have scooped Kaleb for an 8th when they had the chance and ditched Dann or Peer.
This is the first time any fan around the league had anything negative to say about Bonk. He plays with a lot of emotion, could be misread here. He's way more mature to what he appears to be on or off the ice

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
This is the first time any fan around the league had anything negative to say about Bonk. He plays with a lot of emotion, could be misread here. He's way more mature to what he appears to be on or off the ice
No, no. I fully respect Bonk and would take him on my team any day. I love his game too. He just has a tendency to go to the glass and celebrate and taunt fans. At least in Flint, and I hate that. I hate it when Flint players do it too and if they do I’ll be the first to say it. Plus……I know you’re a millionaire’s kid Oliver. Settle down. I don’t hate Bonk. I just dislike him. The rest of the Knights? Even Sawyer, I’m pretty much good with right now. We’ll see. Maybe you guys land a Connor Lockhart or Tucker Tynan or Zayne Parekh.

Reactions: Fastpace and rve24

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Also, isn't intentionally Throwing the puck in the stands a 5 game suspension in the OHL?View attachment 875738
There will be absolutely 0 discipline for that.

It’s not right what the Drummondville player did but it’s the refs fault for not doing something sooner. Young men- emotions high- traveled all the way to Saginaw for a tournament and shut out the first day after outplaying London in parts of the game.

If im London and specifically Simpson. That’s bulletin board material there for the rest of the tournament- they’re there to win not make friends.

Simpson player of the game in my opinion. I know we're playing Monday but I cannot wait til Wednesday. 🤪
Should’ve been him or Gazizov with the 2 goals. Didn’t make any sense to me having bonk be the POTG

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No, no. I fully respect Bonk and would take him on my team any day. I love his game too. He just has a tendency to go to the glass and celebrate and taunt fans. At least in Flint, and I hate that. I hate it when Flint players do it too and if they do I’ll be the first to say it. Plus……I know you’re a millionaire’s kid Oliver. Settle down. I don’t hate Bonk. I just dislike him. The rest of the Knights? Even Sawyer, I’m pretty much good with right now. We’ll see. Maybe you guys land a Connor Lockhart or Tucker Tynan or Zayne Parekh.
Most players, or a lot of them, will go up to the glass taunting fans, the reason is simple, it's a form of pay back to fans who are taunting them throughout the game, and at home it's for completely different reasons. Throughout their junior careers, players are told not to pay attention to fans, but they still do, they are still kids. Today at my age I think this is childish, thinking back at that age, I remember being childish too

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
I'm actually surprised by the hate for Bomk
How can you hate this? Remember.....its London vs EVERYONE.!!

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Big win today for the boys!! My only concern is that Cowan had a bit of a tough outing today - didn’t seem to have his usual speed and quickness. He also took a booming slapshot from Edward in the 2nd and he didn’t have many shifts in the 3rd. I hope he can come back okay and healthy in game 2. We will need him as this tournament moves forward. Go Knights!!
I thought the Knights overall played a solid game. They looked a bit rusty at times but can't really find too much fault in a 4-0 shutout. I thought Cowan and Barkey were maybe trying to do a little too much and got off their own games a bit. Chaulk that up maybe to the big stage and having not played for a bit.

Can't look past Moose Jaw.

Reactions: rve24 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I thought the Knights overall played a solid game. They looked a bit rusty at times but can't really find too much fault in a 4-0 shutout. I thought Cowan and Barkey were maybe trying to do a little too much and got off their own games a bit. Chaulk that up maybe to the big stage and having not played for a bit.

Can't look past Moose Jaw.
All games are tough! Need to get fully into Knights mode. Great showing though for game 1, but into the next! All about getting as healthy as possible and rested and ready to go for the next game. Our top 4 D just munch minutes it’s insane!

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Great game last night! Clearly the better team.

Having Sim and KLAW back on the 3rd line was huge, they made a massive impact and it’s our depth that won us the game. Despite Barkey and Cowan being quiet and no special teams success we found a way to dominate and lock down defensively.

Text book Hunter hockey!

Welcome to the London Knights show Volts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad