London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Braden Hache's Dad removed himself from any official league capacity for the playoffs.
So ? - Has he removed himself from the halls of the league office as well ? I am sure Hache Sr. is a good man and takes his job at heart, and has done a great job at that position. However well he did, it did not prevent these latest incidents and suspensions from becoming extremely controversial, it has made them very suspicious to a point of becoming at this very moment the hockey talks of all around the international hockey world

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
So ? - Has he removed himself from the halls of the league office as well ? I am sure Hache Sr. is a good man and takes his job at heart, and has done a great job at that position. However well he did, it did not prevent these latest incidents and suspensions from becoming extremely controversial, it has made them very suspicious to a point of becoming at this very moment the hockey talks of all around the international hockey world
I personally think Papa H stepping down before the playoffs covers off the league optics adequately. As for the suspension the reality is it’s a league and an attempt to curb a trend they don’t like that has gone way too far!! As a league I would far rather have a player calling another a **ssy then making reference to the colour of his skin? The league knows this as well and that’s the only reason the alleged “warmup hit” was included. The two are not even distantly connected yet for some reason they seem to want to paint the “offense” with the same brush? Ludicrous in anyone’s mind BUT the OHL disciplinary team? First and last comment on the subject as it’s now all water under the bridge!

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
I personally think Papa H stepping down before the playoffs covers off the league optics adequately. As for the suspension the reality is it’s a league and an attempt to curb a trend they don’t like that has gone way too far!! As a league I would far rather have a player calling another a **ssy then making reference to the colour of his skin? The league knows this as well and that’s the only reason the alleged “warmup hit” was included. The two are not even distantly connected yet for some reason they seem to want to paint the “offense” with the same brush? Ludicrous in anyone’s mind BUT the OHL disciplinary team? First and last comment on the subject as it’s now all water under the bridge!
Is there a Memorial Cup thread?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
However, anyone wants to phrase it, league controversial(s) still very much exist

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Watched game last night Zayne Parekh got hit pretty good laid on ice does this always look like he wants a penalty on every hit he takes. Showed him on bench with helmet off rubbing his head . Seems to be always hurt or just a good actor?

There are certain players whose identity always borders on the obnoxious. I'd rank Parekh as being in that "fraternity". Being as he was awarded the Player of the Game , he is making it work for himself. Sean Avery was one of that ilk. He regularly infuriated everyone from team mates, coaches, right on up to Gary Bettman. His infamous "sloppy seconds" comment alienated plenty of fans, many of the female persuasion.

Zane seems to be on that path. He has talent, to be sure, but his developing obnoxious attitude won't endear him to many. Stuff like that wears thin very quickly.

Reactions: swoopster

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
If there were a time for someone to shine, these next four games will be that time. It's Michael Simpson second crack at this big can, last year was not his very best, but with his teammate helps, he should be ready this second time around for his redemption

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
WOW what a team this 2024 Knights club is. Most dominant playoff run I've seen and making it looks easy in the MEM cup. Wouldn't be suprised if they go undefeated at the tourney.

Reactions: Fastpace

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
WOW what a team this 2024 Knights club is. Most dominant playoff run I've seen and making it looks easy in the MEM cup. Wouldn't be suprised if they go undefeated at the tourney.
don’t count out Drummondville they had a few grade A scoring chances that period that they couldn’t capitalize on. Biggest thing I saw between the 2 teams is the composure. Drummondville took a bunch of stupid penalties. Can’t say the same about the knights

Reactions: BobHockey

Firebird Fan26

Oct 2, 2022
Not going undefeated! Lawrence and Sim can not control their emotions and play too dirty! Team may be good but a bunch of whiners and hacks. Dirtiest players in the league.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Not going undefeated! Lawrence and Sim can not control their emotions and play too dirty! Team may be good but a bunch of whiners and hacks. Dirtiest players in the league.
Ricky Henderson (Oakland Athletics) used to drive me around the bend …. Arrogant, Whiny, total D-Bag. BUT Ricky just won and dominated wherever he went and played. Have to respect the player, whenever he needed to backup his BS Ricky just won! So Lawrence and Sim just win baby just win!!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
London beat Drummondville 4-0 Excellent game to watch

They could have played with more intensity if they needed to. Great defensive effort for Simpson shutout. It will be tough for Drummondville to win one game in this tourney, their only chance will be against Moose Jaw, and even then the Worriers are slightly better still. London Saginaw will meet in the final

Dale basically used three lines and four defences for most of the game, only near the end of the game did we see the fourth line with Woolley and Brzustewicz

Reactions: ArielNederland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad