London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I know this is a bit of a curve ball (off topic) so to speak BUT somewhat amazing that Dale has only been named “Coach of the Year” once in all the years he has coached in the OHL / CHL? As CHL Coach of the Year that is. Twice as OHL? Now of course expectations of the Knights is always high but over the course of the past few years I would suggest that his teams have exceeded expectations heading into the season? If anything he seems to be getting even better at getting maximum results from his players? A case could be made that both last years (OHL Champions) and even the previous years teams (OHL Runner-up) exceeded where most thought the Knights would finish?

Oh well in London we all know what we have in the Hunters, hopefully once he sits atop the all time wins list the league will have to give him his due! I’m a massive Dale Hunter fan, regardless of his legendary “incident” with Mr. Turgeon. Ridiculous he is not in the HOF as well …..
HE DIDN'T HEAR THE WHISTLE!

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
No, I just went off wikipedia wins/losses and counted OTL as additional ties.
The formula is you divide games coached into wins. Dale Hunter has 67 percent winning percentage (0.67), Brian Kilrea has a 55 winning percentage (0.55). Former Petes coach is 2nd in the OHL with a 61 percent winning percentage (0.61).

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Dang, after the Tristan Bertucci trade, I was hoping Flint would realize their fate and be sellers. We could use a goalie like Nathan Day, Unfortuntely, we would have to part with either Medvedev or Wilson, but I don't think Flint is selling either way.

Lets hope that Finn WIson or Alexis Medvedev are ready to take the mantle and push Willmore into a backup role.

Reactions: LDN

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
The formula is you divide games coached into wins. Dale Hunter has 67 percent winning percentage (0.67), Brian Kilrea has a 55 winning percentage (0.55). Former Petes coach is 2nd in the OHL with a 61 percent winning percentage (0.61).
Thanks...I get how a winning percentage gets calculated. I used an online calculator that factored in ties which was how I got to 70% and 60%. Since hockey awards points for ties, I figured they were relevant.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Dang, after the Tristan Bertucci trade, I was hoping Flint would realize their fate and be sellers. We could use a goalie like Nathan Day, Unfortuntely, we would have to part with either Medvedev or Wilson, but I don't think Flint is selling either way.

Let’s hope that Finn WIson or Alexis Medvedev are ready to take the mantle and push Willmore into a backup role.
I have heard Brampton might part with one of their studs!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I have heard Brampton might part with one of their studs!
I have a question for you...

If you were Brampton and you're loading up for a potential Championship year, would you trade an elite goalie asset to another Championship team who's main weakness is their goaltending? Or would you think that they are your competition and you should steer clear and so you can have an advantage in the regular season and playoffs?

Just getting you to think beyond your trading urges and become an in-depth fan.

Reactions: ZinErie

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I have a question for you...

If you were Brampton and you're loading up for a potential Championship year, would you trade an elite goalie asset to another Championship team who's main weakness is their goaltending? Or would you think that they are your competition and you should steer clear and so you can have an advantage in the regular season and playoffs?

Just getting you to think beyond your trading urges and become an in-depth fan.
Trade him to the team looking to compete next season, while only looking to be competitive this season.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022

Lets hope that Finn WIson or Alexis Medvedev are ready to take the mantle and push Willmore into a backup role.
Can I offer you a Liam Sztuska??

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Some in-depth look at some sources on Easton Cowan's upcoming season....

I think that is bang on! He should be half a season in the show then sent back.

He has unfinished business, Canada Gold and a Memorial Cup Ring!

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Bingo, you get a cookie lol! Aka Brantford Bulldogs.
I think Brantford will be in the mix to be a contender this year. The East Division is up for grabs. I don’t think Oshawa has the forward depth to be considered a true contender. They are only returning four forwards who contributed offensively and have limited assets to use in deals, Kingston has a chance but have several holes to fill to be a contender and Peterborough and Ottawa are rebuilding. Brantford has the assets to make several trades to build a team that is a true contender.

Reactions: Section5Petes

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
gazizov is probably back and traded, I assume to Niagara for a massive overpay
Gazizov was the top scorer on a championship team. Firstly, he is unlikely back. Secondly, if he is a back, tgen he deserves a spot baring some crazy scenario where Halttunen and Nurmi are both here.

Lastly, if we do trade him the return would be big he can score at will and has bite to his game. As an OA he would be a tour de force.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Gazizov was the top scorer on a championship team. Firstly, he is unlikely back. Secondly, if he is a back, tgen he deserves a spot baring some crazy scenario where Halttunen and Nurmi are both here.

Lastly, if we do trade him the return would be big he can score at will and has bite to his game. As an OA he would be a tour de force.
ok, if you don’t think he’s back that’s fine, generally don’t post anything unless I know,
So….take that as you will.

I’m not 100 percent on this, but it’s close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad