London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
That’s the issue. We should go after Wakely soon though. Likely would need to move Sim or Leonard to do so
You want to trade for anyone and everyone. We just came off a OHL Championship and Memorial Cup and still have a very strong team coming back that any Fan base would envy. Take a breath and relax a bit, Mark and company will keep the team competitive and add if and when needed

Reactions: MJ5

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Wakely had over 100 points and was one of the best ohl players in the playoffs. Would be a sneaky good addition. Oh and he’s also 6’1 200lbs. Pretty sure he will be in contention to be the top OA in the league

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
You want to trade for anyone and everyone. We just came off a OHL Championship and Memorial Cup and still have a very strong team coming back that any Fan base would envy. Take a breath and relax a bit, Mark and company will keep the team competitive and add if and when needed
jackson is probably better, or just as good as matherin.

julien is a perfect knight, why move away from him for a shiny new toy? if they get cowan back, they probably win again this year, if they dont, they probably dont, regardless on who the overage forward it.

Wakely had over 100 points and was one of the best ohl players in the playoffs. Would be a sneaky good addition. Oh and he’s also 6’1 200lbs. Pretty sure he will be in contention to be the top OA in the league
do you know what sneaky means? sneaky is a guy who is under the radar who may have some hidden upside.

wakey is the absolute opposite of sneaky. its incredibly obvious, and if london is going to win or not will not depend on if julien is sold so you can get a new shiny toy.

running a team like a fantasy league team is a great way to run it into the ground.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Liam Spencer is 6’5 and 220 so thinking he gets a sniff at top 6 here guys

julien is a perfect knight, why move away from him for a shiny new toy? if they get cowan back, they probably win again this year, if they dont, they probably dont, regardless on who the overage forward it.

do you know what sneaky means? sneaky is a guy who is under the radar who may have some hidden upside.

wakey is the absolute opposite of sneaky. its incredibly obvious, and if london is going to win or not will not depend on if julien is sold so you can get a new shiny toy.

running a team like a fantasy league team is a great way to run it into the ground.
Don’t move Julien. He’s part of the winning formula. Wakely is just a proven baller that’s it

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Don’t move Julien. He’s part of the winning formula. Wakely is just a proven baller that’s it
so then who do you move? you just wanted to add matherin as well. your only allowed 3 and sim for me is already out.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
so then who do you move? you just wanted to add matherin as well. your only allowed 3 and sim for me is already out.
Doesn’t make any sense having 2 OA centres I’m very confused by what he’s saying.

Would make more sense as an upgrade over Julien but even then wakely isn’t someone the knights need unless Cowan isn’t back so why would they overpay for something not needed

Also just about the knights. Do you know what goalies they are in on? I assume leenders would be 1 but maybe not the front runner, Sztuska could be another, and maybe parsons from Kitchener? But can’t see a trade between those 2 lol

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Doesn’t make any sense having 2 OA centres I’m very confused by what he’s saying.

Would make more sense as an upgrade over Julien but even then wakely isn’t someone the knights need unless Cowan isn’t back so why would they overpay for something not needed
especially considering you'd have to pay way more for whatever hole you fill by cutting the other overage. if its edward then you spend 5 picks for a 19 year old who will only be AS GOOD as edward. if its willmore then god help you, what 19 year old goalie is out there that is a bonified starter? easy, there isnt any.

leenanders will cost you 6 picks, why would you do that just to get wakley?

Reactions: LDN and frontsfan67

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
That’s the issue. We should go after Wakely soon though. Likely would need to move Sim or Leonard to do so
Naw.

There would be no room in the top 6 and Mark won’t trade for a top 6 move until he knows Kasper Halttunen and Easton Cowan are in the plans or not. If one of them don’t come back, then he may consider it, but I would think Mark would give Landon Sim a shot in the Top 6 first before trading for Top 6 help, especially an OA.

Barkey (PHI) - Julien (WPG) - Cowan (TOR)*
Nurmi (NYI) - O’Rielly (EDM) - Halttunen (SJS)*
Sim - Nichol (EDM) - Arrowsmith

* denotes if they are returned.

Reactions: LDN

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Naw.

There would be no room in the top 6 and Mark won’t trade for a top 6 move until he knows Kasper Halttunen and Easton Cowan are in the plans or not. If one of them don’t come back, then he may consider it, but I would think Mark would give Landon Sim a shot in the Top 6 first before trading for Top 6 help, especially an OA.

Barkey (PHI) - Julien (WPG) - Cowan (TOR)*
Nurmi (NYI) - O’Rielly (EDM) - Halttunen (SJS)*
Sim - Nichol (EDM) - Arrowsmith

* denotes if they are returned.
right, why is wakley even a consideration for this team, they dont need him and just creates more holes then anything.

you get him it costs 5 high picks. you then have to spend another 5 high picks to fill the whole that cutting the other 04 creates. so wakley is a 10 pick swing for an upgrade that you dont need????

stonehouse from ottawa is more of a hunter type then wakley is and may come at half the cost, but i dont think an overage is the answer if you need a good depth winger anyways.

how does that even make sense?

i dont think that halttunen is back but even if hes not, they can find a better 04 for way less to slot into the second line.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
right, why is wakley even a consideration for this team, they dont need him and just creates more holes then anything.

you get him it costs 5 high picks. you then have to spend another 5 high picks to fill the whole that cutting the other 04 creates. so wakley is a 10 pick swing for an upgrade that you dont need????

stonehouse from ottawa is more of a hunter type then wakley is and may come at half the cost, but i dont think an overage is the answer if you need a good depth winger anyways.

i dont think that halttunen is back but even if hes not, they can find a better 04 for way less to slot into the second line.
I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned trying to convince Seattle to send Wright or Goyette back so London could trade for them...

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

It doesn’t make sense but @LDN likes to think London will create an all-star team every year. Like he could on EA NHL.

Halttunen is a 2005 born player.

Reactions: zman77

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Trade for em all! We need every 1st, 2nd, 3rd team OHL Allstar at every position lol. Well maybe only 1st n 2nd team Allstar in goal. Insert sarcasm emoji.
It'll last a few months more ;)

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
If Halttunen was not drafted by the Kraken then he’s 100% gone….. but they are soooooo young that I think it’s better than 50/50 he plays for London.

Cowan 60/40 he sticks in T.O.

Everyone else comes back, meaning we have to move players out for picks just to cut down the roster. Then can find a 19yo top 6 if we need to…. Right now we have a better team on paper than the championship team last year

Reactions: LDN

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
If Halttunen was not drafted by the Kraken then he’s 100% gone….. but they are soooooo young that I think it’s better than 50/50 he plays for London.

Cowan 60/40 he sticks in T.O.

Everyone else comes back, meaning we have to move players out for picks just to cut down the roster. Then can find a 19yo top 6 if we need to…. Right now we have a better team on paper than the championship team last year
You mean San Jose Sharks. Halttunen was not drafted by the Kraken.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens

Did you guys watch the latter part of the playoffs / memorial cup? Julien benefits from who he plays with. Very streaky and disappears when things get tough. Haven’t seen lately but is he still 160 pounds with tiny legs? Unacceptable for a drafted kid that wants to be a pro and is over six feet tall. I’d be happy moving on from him as an OA. However I think the fact he’s from London makes him a lock. Unfortunate though because Sim, Leonard and Willmore are head and shoulders better choices. Not to mention any surprise returns (Edwards, Gazizov), who would also be better choices.
Hopefully Hunters make the decision based on their Knights lens and not their London lens.

• Wow
Reactions: tjziel and LDN

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
The Sharks are deep in prospects. I think Kasper is AHL bound. Just dont see them sending him down to the Knights, but you never know.

We need secondary scoring if Haltunnen and Cowan dont come back. Would love to see Mark pull a Winterton type deal if he could.

Somebody posted a list of goalies. Most were just lateral moves or downgrades to my mind. George, Leenders, Devicentis would be nice but unless Wilmore implodes, not really needed.

I am REALLY gonna miss George and Edwards though.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
People have to realize that Jacob Julien is a Top 3 maybe Top 5 (if there are any surprise returnees) Overager for this coming season. The other 2 I would consider is Dayln Wakely and Owen Allard.

Like I said, we could see a properly motivated Jacob Julien who could put up 100pts this year. This is a “Prove it” year, as he was until June 1, 2025 to sign with the Jets or his rights get released.

So I wouldn’t take for granted Julien.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
People have to realize that Jacob Julien is a Top 3 maybe Top 5 (if there are any surprise returnees) Overager for this coming season. The other 2 I would consider is Dayln Wakely and Owen Allard.

Like I said, we could see a properly motivated Jacob Julien who could put up 100pts this year. This is a “Prove it” year, as he was until June 1, 2025 to sign with the Jets or his rights get released.

So I wouldn’t take for granted Julien.
Yeah why would there be hate on Julien. Dude was a beast for us in the playoffs and in the MemCup

Reactions: Fastpace and horner

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Yeah why would there be hate on Julien. Dude was a beast for us in the playoffs and in the MemCup
But he wasn’t. He averaged 1 point per game which was inflated by a 4pt game and a 3pt game against Kitchener. His point totals slowed as the playoffs went on. And his faceoff percentage dropped and physicality was non existent. It’s funny how some guys get a pass. I’m not saying he isn’t good. I’m saying there’s better options. And he was a ghost in the memorial cup. 1 assist against Moose Jaw and 1 assist against Drummondville. Both assists came on goals by Gazizov, who I would choose over him if available. 2 assists in the memorial cup is not a beast. I’m

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
But he wasn’t. He averaged 1 point per game which was inflated by a 4pt game and a 3pt game against Kitchener. His point totals slowed as the playoffs went on. And his faceoff percentage dropped and physicality was non existent. It’s funny how some guys get a pass. I’m not saying he isn’t good. I’m saying there’s better options. And he was a ghost in the memorial cup. 1 assist against Moose Jaw and 1 assist against Drummondville. Both assists came on goals by Gazizov, who I would choose over him if available. 2 assists in the memorial cup is not a beast. I’m
Julian is the type of player that could have a huge season. Don't forget he has only played 1.5 years at this level. Add to that he played 80+ games the last two years and only 46 & 41 the years before. I'm not surprised that he tapered off as the season went on, but if he can add some weight to his 6'4 frame, he could be a problem this year for a lot of teams to matchup against.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
These are the players London should target in trades before camp even starts. Anything less will be a failure of a season.

1723216321696.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad