London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks!

NB: Wakely, Romani, J. LeBlanc, Van Steensel, A. Leblanc, Ride

Owen Sound: Barlow

Saqginaw: Castle,Willis, Hay, Sima, Gervais,Bishop, Parekh

Reactions: dino200022

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
You just contradicted yourself in your own arguement...You tell me that North Bay has no draft capital, yet earlier you have said London was going to get him for cheap and very little draft picks? If they have no draft capital, why are they trading one of their top assets for nearly nothing? I will add your quote below from your previous statement.

"but that’s the only goalie that is available that would certainly be an upgrade to Willmore that is worth it and not a crazy amount of draft capital."

North Bay is a solid run organization at this point, they do a lot with very little. We are not dealing with Niagara.
Cmon man, you gotta be better than this. Cheap is spectrum.

Would it be cheaper than trying to get Ryerson Leenders or some other goalie that is not an OA? Yes. That’s all I was referring to by saying cheap.

I would expect the same return we got for Michael Simpson. Bowen and a 3rd round pick. Even if we would replace the value of Bowen with a second round pick, that would be cheaper in my mind, than getting othe top goalies. Heck even throw in some late picks too and it’s still cheap.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Would it be cheaper than trying to get Ryerson Leenders or some other goalie that is not an OA? Yes. That’s all I was referring to by saying cheap.

I would expect the same return we got for Michael Simpson. Bowen and a 3rd round pick. Even if we would replace the value of Bowen with a second round pick, that would be cheaper in my mind, than getting othe top goalies. Heck even throw in some late picks too and it’s still cheap.
he’d be worth a second and third at least.

Thanks!

Your not getting Barlow or parekh for Kaeden Johnston and a 3rd London fans lol

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
If we are going to use up an OA spot on a tendy, I think Wilmore has earned the right to show us what he has. He has obviously proved he can win hockey games, especially in the playoffs so would rather keep the cupboard full instead of trading for a giant maybe and tying up a bunch of conditional picks like frontsfan is saying.

I fully expect Bonk and Dickinson to be back. George is as good as gone. Cowan, Julien Halts and Nurmi are the what ifs. If the 3 forwards come back do you stick with Sim as an OA or move him, he is just such a glue/playoff guy I think he stays?? Leonard on the back end has to be in the OA mix and is probably the one i would guarantee is on the roster.

Potential OA's
George - Not a chance he is back
Julien - I think it is AHL or bust for him. We have to remember he only has a year and a half of OHL exerience, one more might not hurt him at all if he is not in a top 9 AHL roll.
Sim - Would love to have him back if there is room as stated above. A lot will depend on if Julien is back. Only be back because he missed a season and a half due to injuries.
Leonard - Pretty much your typical OA guy as stated above
Wilmore - Not opposed to having him start the year to show what he has. Not a huge fan of using an OA slot on a goalie unless he is a difference maker ala Houser/Brochu/Simspson
S. Boulton - No thanks.
Edward - This is where it gets dicey, if he comes back big decisions have to be made. Physically he is next level ready, but mentally he is far from it. Love his tenacity and his defensive ability, I do not love his decision making with the puck, or his stupid after the whistle penalties...although I am sure Barkey and Cowan would say otherwise...
If Sim is an option to comeback, I think he gets one of the spots. The team last year was mediocre at best, the minute Sim stepped back in the lineup, they got hot and started winning.

He doesn't always show up on the scoresheet, but he is a stir the drink kind of guy and you need those guys in your lineup. Plus, he has been a loyal Knight for his career, so you love to see those guys get a chance to finish their career with the team.

dino200022

If Sim is an option to comeback, I think he gets one of the spots. The team last year was mediocre at best, the minute Sim stepped back in the lineup, they got hot and started winning.

He doesn't always show up on the scoresheet, but he is a stir the drink kind of guy and you need those guys in your lineup. Plus, he has been a loyal Knight for his career, so you love to see those guys get a chance to finish their career with the team.

I agree 100%, he will have that McCue effect on the ice..such a solid heart and glue type of guy the Hunters love.

dino200022

So buying a Ford Ranger for 55K is considered cheap since the F150 costs me 75K then?

It would take at least a 2nd and 3rd if they know he is coming back, that is not cheap with the draft capital we have in our cupboard?

Regardless I am all for letting Willmore try to win the spot before a move is made. I think he has at least earned that at this point?

I bet if they played for Niagara we would be able to!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
So buying a Ford Ranger for 55K is considered cheap since the F150 costs me 75K then?

It would take at least a 2nd and 3rd if they know he is coming back, that is not cheap with the draft capital we have in our cupboard?

Regardless I am all for letting Willmore try to win the spot before a move is made. I think he has at least earned that at this point?

I bet if they played for Niagara we would be able to!
London will give Willmore the reigns until
or if he fumbles the starter role. Only then will they look at other goalies.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
In relation to hawery and ncaa junior commitments. Sounds like people are expecting him to sign in the U.S with some people thinking michigan. If this is true what an absolute waste of a 1st round pick. And to the people who said that he was signed just not announced, yea he's signed.... in the states

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240731_220117_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240731_220117_X.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 3

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
In relation to hawery and ncaa junior commitments. Sounds like people are expecting him to sign in the U.S with some people thinking michigan. If this is true what an absolute waste of a 1st round pick. And to the people who said that he was signed just not announced, yea he's signed.... in the states
Do you have anything saying he signed in the US? So I can show those people who said he is signed by LK but were wrong and is signed Stateside.
I got no idea, heard nothing, asked nothing of any1 since drsfted, but I click on your attachment and it says nothing either way.
Maybe I'm just dense but what does that tweet or X or whatever even mean?
3 playets not signed. OK
"They" are other big names? ( other players or they are the big names? )
Others to watch? (Always is)
I'm just confused.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Do you have anything saying he signed in the US? So I can show those people who said he is signed by LK but were wrong and is signed Stateside.
I got no idea, heard nothing, asked nothing of any1 since drsfted, but I click on your attachment and it says nothing either way.
Maybe I'm just dense but what does that tweet or X or whatever even mean?
3 playets not signed. OK
"They" are other big names? ( other players or they are the big names? )
Others to watch? (Always is)
I'm just confused.
I think he's saying they are expecting them to play in NCAA

Reactions: frontsfan67

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I wouldn’t worry about Logan Hawery. He is pretty active on the Knights social media and is friends with most of the team. I’m like 80% positive he will be a Knight come September.

We might have to wait until just before training camp for him to sign….

Reactions: Knights77

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
I wouldn’t worry about Logan Hawery. He is pretty active on the Knights social media and is friends with most of the team. I’m like 80% positive he will be a Knight come September.

It doesn't make sense though to have conflicting reports. I'd still trade him either way. We traded testa and it didn't hurt london

Reactions: HolyRoller

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
It doesn't make sense though to have conflicting reports. I'd still trade him either way. We traded testa and it didn't hurt london
When it comes to predicting stuff, just please ride it out.

Many times last year you seen reports and fed into the contract talk that Kasper Halttunen couldn’t come or wouldn’t come to London even though I specifically said that I heard that he was interested in coming to London.

Let this remind you to not jump the gun and not buy everything on Twitter….

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Trade him for what when u say he is already signed Stateside? Who is going to give u a bag a pucks in that scenario?
I'm getting dizzy.
Edit. As posted chill til it happens n then applaud or critique.

Reactions: Slowpace

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
This is his entire quote
that guy said the 1st overall pick wasn’t good enough to be a 1st…..he’s never left his couch. He’s just guessing.

Where is Hawery playing next year?

Trade him for what when u say he is already signed Stateside? Who is going to give u a bag a pucks in that scenario?
I'm getting dizzy.
Edit. As posted chill til it happens n then applaud or critique.
it’s bizarre how he seems to be cheering for hawrey not to sign

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
he’d be worth a second and third at least.

That’s not what I’m saying. I am just saying they like be on the market

Why would we draft the kid if we didn’t think he was going to come? Is he more or less a top 5 or top 10 talent?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Thanks!

Nope. Indications are Saginaw is going to try one last run with this group. Chernyshov should sign in the coming weeks. Gervais or Sima might get moved down the line to open some ice for younger players/get picks but most of those other guys aren't going anywhere unless the season goes sideways.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Why would we draft the kid if we didn’t think he was going to come? Is he more or less a top 5 or top 10 talent?
sure, but your not gonna get them for half on the dollar as the posts on here often suggest. parekh isn’t going anywhere and Barlow won’t be going for the typical depth London knight and a few picks deals posted on here from time to time. I saw a post last year that suggested a high end 04 to London would be worth Kaeden Johnston and a 3rd, that’s why I now use that as my mock trade posts.

London will get anyone for Johnston and a 3rd.

Reactions: dino200022

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021

London thought they could get moore to report, didn't end up happening. With NCAA, USHL, and now BCHL players have more options so it's going to be harder to recruit players. Hopefully the chl league commissioners address this

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
London thought they could get moore to report, didn't end up happening. With NCAA, USHL, and now BCHL players have more options so it's going to be harder to recruit players. Hopefully the chl league commissioners address this
so where is hawery signed for 24/25 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium