Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I listened to the game coming back from Florida. Arizona’s broadcast team was on Sirius XM.

What happened to Allen?

On his 2nd TD run, he hurdled over Budda Baker. As he was coming down, his right elbow landed into the palm of his left own hand.....which then landed straight into turf with all his weight.

Certainly possible that he broke a bone or two in his hand......at the very least, it's a deep bruise.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I listened to the game coming back from Florida. Arizona’s broadcast team was on Sirius XM.

What happened to Allen?
On his last TD run after he hurdles Baker he was hit in midair and landed on his left hand. Got it taped up and was back for the next series. Didn't look off, so hopefully just a bruise and he'll be fine moving forward.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
If there's anything to be upset with McDermott about today, it's how unprepared they were, again. That and the unforced errors on the penalties, though granted the refs blew today.

We need to clean up our starts and be more disciplined. If that's KC today instead of Arizona we never catch back up.

But all in all not a ton to complain about after starting 1-0.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
If there's anything to be upset with McDermott about today, it's how unprepared they were, again. That and the unforced errors on the penalties, though granted the refs blew today.

We need to clean up our starts and be more disciplined. If that's KC today instead of Arizona we never catch back up.

But all in all not a ton to complain about after starting 1-0.

Yeah, the penalties were pretty egregious. Outside of the one on Williams for "hitting" Murray, I think they were all deserved.

I hope that McDermott will have the balls to go up to a vet like Dawkins and chew him out. Dawkins does not need to be taking those penalties at this stage of his career. I'll give Torrence some grace because he's young and he was a beat otherwise.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I loved that Babich blitzed at the end, not sure McD would have. They also have to figure out different ways to disguise pressure. Murray had all day and if there was pressure he was just flushed out and out ran the spy. Great second half adjustment but the Cards let them off with that 3rd and long run in the red zone.

Also, McD needs to figure out the pre-season. This team comes out flat more often than not in the first game and now they head to Miami with a few injuries and trying to figure it out on the go. at least the Miami game is at night, they don't have to lose 10 guys to hear stroke.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Keon looks like he belongs, which was encouraging to see early. He's very sure handed and is going to make a bunch spectacular catches. He's also going to be a RAC guy once he figures out the timing of the league and finishes growing into his athleticism. He's still very young for a big WR.

OL was disappointing with the penalties and some leaks, but the run game has big potential. All three RBs are above average.

Groot breakout is awesome and due. Too bad he needs a new deal, he's going to be a menace this year. A truly unique weapon with his length.

Love to see my UB boys, Lewis and Ingram, scrapping and winning. They're two of our most physical dawgs, and while they can't replace Taron, they bring a level of oomph that can be contagious.

Josh is the singular best dual-threat QB in the history of the game. He's as good a finisher on the ground as there is in the NFL. I'm praying Beane can build another great core around him to take another 5-year crack at it. (PS Is he ever going to learn to put a bit of air under his bombs?)

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
So, dumb question, but does exclusively on Amazon prime really mean that, or will folks in Buffalo be able to watch the game on regular TV?

My dad has no idea how to use a computer with any streaming service, but he lives in Buffalo and it would be a shame if he can't watch the game.

I honestly don't know how this streaming works, just saw the thread title.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So, dumb question, but does exclusively on Amazon prime really mean that, or will folks in Buffalo be able to watch the game on regular TV?

My dad has no idea how to use a computer with any streaming service, but he lives in Buffalo and it would be a shame if he can't watch the game.

All games are simulcasted on broadcast TV in the local markets. Don't know which station will show it (last year it was WKBW), but it will be available over the air if you live in Buffalo (or Miami).

This does NOT extend to other cities, so if you live in Rochester, it's only on Prime. But any games on Amazon/ESPN/NFL Network/etc. will always be available in the local markets as well.

Reactions: Zman5778

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
All games are simulcasted on broadcast TV in the local markets. Don't know which station will show it (last year it was WKBW), but it will be available over the air if you live in Buffalo (or Miami).

This does NOT extend to other cities, so if you live in Rochester, it's only on Prime. But any games on Amazon/ESPN/NFL Network/etc. will always be available in the local markets as well.
Ok, great. Thank you so much!

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
Am I alone in thinking we HAVE to get Shakir more involved. Again, I’m still learning, but man I feel he has some untapped potential. He could be a leader with this WR group

Reactions: buffa dud

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Am I alone in thinking we HAVE to get Shakir more involved. Again, I’m still learning, but man I feel he has some untapped potential. He could be a leader with this WR group
The offense played great. I don't see any reason to have to force feed someone the ball. He did get his screen pass for the TD - the Bills passing numbers were not super high because they did run the ball quite a bit (rightfully so against last year's NFL worst run defense), and Arizona completely controlled the clock in the first half.

But overall, the whole point of the offense this year is whoever gets open or gets the favorable matchup is going to get the ball.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
The offense played great. I don't see any reason to have to force feed someone the ball. He did get his screen pass for the TD - the Bills passing numbers were not super high because they did run the ball quite a bit (rightfully so against last year's NFL worst run defense), and Arizona completely controlled the clock in the first half.

But overall, the whole point of the offense this year is whoever gets open or gets the favorable matchup is going to get the ball.
Gotcha’ and I hear ya! I just am a Shakir fanboy lol

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Any game kn cab li e or stream gets tv rights to simulcast in the tea MN d narkets.buffalo as nd miami will have thud game air kn as local TV station from as Amazon broadcast.

I live in DC area. I have prime and will watch it om my ipad.

I dont believe you have to force the ball to any player.

Reactions: K8fool

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
That deep pass to Coleman is exactly why we drafted him. Great contested catch to keep the drive alive, which ultimately ended up with a TD. He had a very good game, imo. Hollins also was impressive. Shakir's ability to gain yards after the catch is amazing. He's got fight in him. Great draft pick.
This one can tell alot. , thought and reaction is why it is a pleasure to come here after the game. Team first guys playing for each other. Feeding off one another , clichés or not. All for one , one for all on all three phases of the game seems like it is enjoyable to go to work.

mutual success and roll w confidence down 17 to 3. Many guys taking more responsibility , some failing onve snd persevering to dominate on a 24 to 3. 30 tpn3 run. Mistakes acknowledge but chill matter of fact. Imagine as they stretch for their personal bests snd find new trust throughout the line up. I even thought they could just run the ball.

Cook amazingly had broken tackles for two years and rayhm davis is so polished and mature. . He radiates the successful humble outcome of his story growing up on the streets around the shooting gallery in san fran. . It shows in the determination in his running. Wow what a two back rotation. Davis will minimum eventually be a thousand yard rusher and 1500 total yard guy in the nfl, if he continues his road of overcoming . Cook will be 2 g total , this year ala mr thurman, As josh trusts this group and literally won't need to win game w pure will.

We are all lucky to watch josh allen play. Better than oj, who was so exciting, he's like watching gilbert perrault winding up for an end to end , live in person.

Beane really helped him w the line and the maturing d line , and we could stack this tesm if they even need to should they gel and find a group rapport. Butt it's early.

They look tight and dialed because of camp. They look today like they will continue their amazing streak and be within a score of every game they compete in this year. Glad I didn't say fook football for salaries, rigged etc etc today was an uplifting pleasure. Hope McD and family are alright.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

What happened to Allen?
I heard his prays were negative which means itd just as bruise/ sprain.

I happened when he leaped over D into endzone and his hand absorbed tjr landing

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
I'm not sure why i was so impressed w this game ( other than the ravens they won't have to stay in their lanes and contain a tough matchup for such a completely new and untested young group. Very disciplined 2nd half. But the Bills showed their bottom , which is way higher than most expected across the board today and their ceiling is quite optimistic.

I heard his prays were negative which means itd just as bruise/ sprain.

I happened when he leaped over D into endzone and his hand absorbed tjr landing
Cool

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Any game kn cab li e or stream gets tv rights to simulcast in the tea MN d narkets.buffalo as nd miami will have thud game air kn as local TV station from as Amazon broadcast.

I live in DC area. I have prime and will watch it om my ipad.

I dont believe you have to force the ball to any player.
The moment will dictate the actions, if they stay true to it , how can you defend feel and intuition. Fun way to play w great young hungry and humble group. We'll mostly.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Finally. Mcafee patriot clown. Entitlement clickbait. We'll obviously take keon and bishop over worthy , a great track star. Maybe all three will great nfl regulars. Buffalo has been down that road. We'll. See. Maybe both teams make out like dawgs. Your reaction was certainly cute. It was even copied. We must all be so boards to be so certain before actually playing a couple games. See how that ages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad