GDT: LOLCanes @ LOLCats

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beardy*

I would bet something in the leg, the unpadded back of his left leg was pushed into that post pretty dang hard, and it looked like upper calf or near the knee. Bruise the muscle there, and you're gonna have trouble popping up or sliding as a goalie. I'd also be inclined to think that because Ward thought he would be okay until he tried to push off that leg again.

Hope is something he can play with with a shot of painkillers before each game...

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
So we all will be gripping tomorrow updating our feeds every minute as to Ward's condition. Great way to spend a Monday!

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Would suck to lose Ward right as our team gets healthy and starts clicking again. This is where having two good goalies helps though, Ellis can carry us for a stretch while Cam heals.

Reactions: MinJaBen

mgilmartin

Dec 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I would bet something in the leg, the unpadded back of his left leg was pushed into that post pretty dang hard, and it looked like upper calf or near the knee. Bruise the muscle there, and you're gonna have trouble popping up or sliding as a goalie. I'd also be inclined to think that because Ward thought he would be okay until he tried to push off that leg again.

This sounds likely. Didn't look like anything stretched or bent out of place. His lower leg just got crushed up against the post. Luckily it was the back, so it's more likely to be a bruise rather than a broken leg.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
:laugh:

That was the shift from hell for Jokinen. Miss the pop fly, give up a chance. Go back the other way, miss the net completely. Go the other way, the guy you're covering scores.

Reactions: MinJaBen

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
Canes players seem to be growing habits of knocking pucks down at the blue line directly to a player of the other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad