GDT: LOLCanes @ LOLCats

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beardy*

This team does not know how to execute a power play... And Muller has no clue how to coach it

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm not assuming anything yet, we're still 7th in the conference in points with the Jets breathing down our necks, I'm not going to put us in the conversation with the Habs and Pens until we're with them in the standings.

That being said, I like this team, I like what the 2nd line does to take away the attention from the first line, and needless to say, I like the first line when it's on.
Oh I know EXACTLY what you mean, we can't take ANYTHING for granted right now. It's a short season and we don't have enough of a cushion to have any more injury issues this year. A win tonight is nice as it puts us #6 in points and one back of Toronto with a game in hand. Two in hand on Ottawa 3 points ahead.

Reactions: MinJaBen

mgilmartin

Dec 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Bingo. Boston is still #1 in the conference in Pts/Gm even if we take away that injured week of ours. This Canes team should be in the conversation for second best with Montreal (seriously, wtf?) and Pittsburgh, but Boston as of right now is the best by a good bit.

That said, I think we could take them in the playoffs, all would come down to matchups.

What continues to amaze me about Boston is they have the most points in the conference, but they've played easily the fewest games. We've been the team with the next-fewest games played for most of the season, but the Bruins have consistently played 2-3 fewer games than us, and they've been racking up points at a rate not far off the Blackhawks. But as you said, I think we're in the conversation for second-best in the conference, and top 6 in the league.

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
JStaal with the leak.

As far as the PP, something has to give...should they try loading up again? It didn't score at the beginning of the year but had some crazy chances.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
JStaal with the leak.

As far as the PP, something has to give...should they try loading up again? It didn't score at the beginning of the year but had some crazy chances.

At this point, I'd be fine if they decided to put Ellis out on the point. Something needs to change.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad