Confirmed with Link: Logan Thompson for 83rd overall and 2025 3rd Rounder

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I really like it.

Bizarre from Vegas. Good 1B on a league min contract... why?

Then acquired Akira Schmid. :laugh:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
He's going to take the starting job from Chucky at some point. He's a superior goaltender. Question is now...do they showcase them both so they're both tradable at the deadline and they can take the better package? Will be an interesting trade deadline for us. At least Mangiapane, Dowd, and one of the goalies likely on the move now.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He's going to take the starting job from Chucky at some point. He's a superior goaltender. Question is now...do they showcase them both so they're both tradable at the deadline and they can take the better package? Will be an interesting trade deadline for us. At least Mangiapane, Dowd, and one of the goalies likely on the move now.
Yeah that’s kinda like saying goalies falter often during a long season and one becomes the lead dog for a while and they might shuffle back and forth.

Unless you’re counting on Lindgren to flop next season. A 27 year old great backup, just like Charlie was….one would hope he’s good enough to take the reigns and that’s likely by design by GMBM.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Thompson is a good goalie. I'm just wondering what the Caps gonna do with their logjam of goalies in Hershey and ECHL? I figured Stevenson will be the #1 and Gibson will back him up. Shepard won back2back Calder Cups, but I'm sure he wants a shot at the NHL, as he can't do much more at the AHL level. Wonder if there is something going on that Shepard gets traded?

Yeah that’s kinda like saying goalies falter often during a long season and one becomes the lead dog for a while and they might shuffle back and forth.

Unless you’re counting on Lindgren to flop next season. A 27 year old great backup, just like Charlie was….one would hope he’s good enough to take the reigns and that’s likely by design by GMBM.
Lindgren/Thompson are both kind of aggressive competitive goalies, so both will give each other good competition. Lindgren didn't let Scott Murray screw him up, so I hope Thompson can do the same.

Serial_Derecho

Apr 11, 2006
Charles Town, WV
I really don’t understand this trade from Vegas’ perspective. A solid 1A goalie making below league minimum. The only thing that does makes sense is that he wanted out of there.

Anyway, hard not to like this from the Caps side (except for the usual curmudgeons).

Two solid youngish goalies for less than $1.9M total. Not bad.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Thompson is a good goalie. I'm just wondering what the Caps gonna do with their logjam of goalies in Hershey and ECHL? I figured Stevenson will be the #1 and Gibson will back him up. Shepard won back2back Calder Cups, but I'm sure he wants a shot at the NHL, as he can't do much more at the AHL level. Wonder if there is something going on that Shepard gets traded?

Lindgren/Thompson are both kind of aggressive competitive goalies, so both will give each other good competition. Lindgren didn't let Scott Murray screw him up, so I hope Thompson can do the same.
Shepherd isn't an NHL goalie. lol Some guys just have very long successful AHL careers and that's OK.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Steal of a trade for the Caps. Perplexing that Vegas couldn't get a better return, even with Thompson requesting a trade. There's certainly some risk that either of the Caps goalies flame out, but this tandem is dirt cheap and frees up a lot of cap flexibility for the rest of the roster. And I like not having only rookies as options to back-up Lindgren.

A third and a fifth? This franchise is over
Two thirds (one 2024, one 2025).

Marshall

A Mahoney guy
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
(This is not a direct reply to @StrikingDistance)

What's insane to me is how many posters who have opinions I'm interested in I've had to put on ignore simply because I don't want want that collateral silliness on me.

I fear that many here simply enjoy arguing on the internet, elsewise the Ignore function would might be more heavily used. Do you really think you'll be missing anything?

Feel free to put me on ignore to try it out!

Sorry for being bitchy this morning, and I'm hardly the guy to tell people how to use the internet, but I've wanted to say something for a bit now.

(@g00n - this doesn't apply to you. We know it's genetic. :sarcasm: )

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What’s the point then? If you’re going to be part of this community, be part of it, don’t shy away from it. It’s not always going to be cotton candy and butterflies when you have a very passionate group of people in one place talking about their favorite sport/teams.

@twabby is in (sometimes) feisty debates with 1/4 of this board some days….I should ignore him because it gets a little messy? Hard pass. Why give up the fun of the debate? Why ignore posters with good content just because they’re polarizing? I only ignore one person whose often disingenuous participation IMO makes this a worse place for me. You could say I eradicated that bees nest.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
What’s the point then? If you’re going to be part of this community, be part of it, don’t shy away from it. It’s not always going to be cotton candy and butterflies when you have a very passionate group of people in one place talking about their favorite sport/teams.

@twabby is in (sometimes) feisty debates with 1/4 of this board some days….I should ignore him because it gets a little messy? Hard pass. Why give up the fun of the debate? Why ignore posters with good content just because they’re polarizing? I only ignore one person whose often disingenuous participation IMO makes this a worse place for me. You could say I eradicated that bees nest.
I appreciate that I can see ignored posts if I want to. when the conversation indicates that a poster who usually just gripes or ruins the vibe has said something of value, I look at it and engage. but otherwise I'm freed from the clutter.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad