Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Does Houle use him there?

Honest question as he never really used Norlinder there.

I'm not sure if this stat breakdown has any answers. From some of the games I watched, I thought I recall them going with 4 forwards and one D. And Xekhaj was usually on the point. But I could be wrong. Maybe they don't want him padding his stats or they maybe they think he coughs up the puck too often...or could simply be a seniority thing. Not sure.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Mailloux at the AHL All-Star game

That makes me salivate seeing what he would do as a forward. Our forward prospect pool is pretty thin and I wonder what he would do there. He's got the size and skills to do damages. It's been done before in the past with a few guys like Wendel Clarke.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
That makes me salivate seeing what he would do as a forward. Our forward prospect pool is pretty thin and I wonder what he would do there. He's got the size and skills to do damages. It's been done before in the past with a few guys like Wendel Clarke.
I'd rather keep him a RD, but those skills will be useful in 3v3 OT for sure.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'd rather keep him a RD, but those skills will be useful in 3v3 OT for sure.
He's trending to become a solid 2nd pairing defenceman from my viewing in the AHL this year. He's playing way better in his own zone in the past 20 games. I wish they're trying him with our swiss knife defenceman aka Adam Engstrom next season in the AHL.

Our defence of the future maybe?

Guhle-Reinbacher
Engstrom/Struble-Mailloux
Hutson/Barron/Xhekaj

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Logan Mailloux is having an all-time rookie season in the AHL for defenders.
Logan just scored his 10th goal of the season and leads all AHL rookie defenders in that category. Logan is on pace for 21 goals this season. It's been more than 20 years since an AHL rookie defender has scored more than 20 goals in a season.
Not only that, Mailloux's 26 points put him 2nd among rookie defenders in the AHL.
The future is looking bright for Logan.
Out of curiosity, who was the last rookie dman to hit 20 in the AHL?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Out of curiosity, who was the last rookie dman to hit 20 in the AHL?

In the AHL's history, only 3 U-21 blueliners have ever scored 20 or more goals though 3 more had 19.

PK Subban was the latest to come close with 18.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The departure gift that keeps on giving from big balls MB

Mailloux is the D i would not trade of all our D prospect
i forget who it was, but someone on the sick podcast (Boivert, McCagg?) was speculating Mailloux might get a call up with the way he's been playing.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
he certainly deserve it, just hope if they do that they will let him play is game cuz i dont like what they're doing with Arber here

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The departure gift that keeps on giving from big balls MB

Mailloux is the D i would not trade of all our D prospect
He’s up there with Guhle for me
i forget who it was, but someone on the sick podcast (Boivert, McCagg?) was speculating Mailloux might get a call up with the way he's been playing.
Which would be totally fine.

Reactions: teamfirst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad