Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Igor was our brick wall. Laffy and Goodie and Wennberg kicked some ass. The we were outplayed narrative is a crock of shit. Btw the Panthers goalie sucks a bag of dicks in comparison to our Russian raptor. Enjoy the win, people.
Met a guy in between periods. His name was IGOR. Asked him how he feels when he hears his name being chanted. Said, it feels like their talking to me. You can't make this shit up. It was a SIGN.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Yeah thats really it here.

Incredible that Bennett has gotten a single game in suspension time over the last few years. People want to harp on Trouba but you can cut a reel with dirty shit that he's done in the post season alone that would all warrant time missed.

Plus every hit he throws is a charge.
Sam Bennett plays every shift like he's in the LNAH and Matt Rempe get's called for the lightest rough i've seen since R1. it's f***ing comical.

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
Didn't get to see the OT winner (lot of family stuff going on..my sister passed away today). Watched the highlight. What a stroke of luck! Wenn does that ever happen?! LGR!
Sorry. Lost my brother in Oct., it was brutal. Still dealing with it. Condolences.

DumpnChase12

Apr 26, 2012
Lake Worth, FL
I wanted to put Laviolette's head on this but I suck at photoshop :laugh:

R.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LottieDottie

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Surprised nobody had mentioned that Laf's skate came very close to slitting Bob's neck. Think it may have hit him in the mask sending him backwards. Guess Laf's play took precedent.
Another good reason to not trip/take out guys into your goalie

Reactions: bhamill

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I understand that we're Rangers fans and we all want them to win, but the utter bull that the Rangers weren't totally outplayed is nonsense.

They won because of Shesterkin, with a few nods towards Laf and Good.

Reactions: Atax

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Idk been waiting on the bolded since G2 against Carolina. The officiating has not helped our cause at all.

You're right, though.

Lindgren has not been the worst thing about this run. He and Fox were -8 in shot attempts which is amazing in this game.

Schneider was good for two rounds. The games are getting big and he has the yips. Hopefully he settles in.

Miller, I've lost hope in. He's annoying me more than Trouba at this point.
Naaah, that couldn't be. Could it? Remember he needed time off for "personal reasons". No wonder I liked him from jump street. I identify with him. He seemingly has emotional problems, and just needs some help. His head is certainly up his own, well you know what. But those mindless giveaways have got to stop. Seemed he played angry later on in the game. Good.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I understand that we're Rangers fans and we all want them to win, but the utter bull that the Rangers weren't totally outplayed is nonsense.

They won because of Shesterkin, with a few nods towards Laf and Good.
Last I checked Igor wears the same jersey as Trouba, Mika and everyone else on that bench. Why are goalies not counted. We won. Our talent, in total, prevailed.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
funny how they are basically talking mostly about the Trouba hit for huge chunks of national radio talk but absolutely zero mention of the Lomberg hit on Vesey in game 2 that was no where near the puck. Which by the way caused a real injury.

Curious if there is a 20 page thread about that on the main boards?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I mean I remember Sam and Joe talking about how Florida was a cup favorite from the east when the Rangers were getting ready to play them in the regular season

and everyone talked up carolina before then too

it just is

Florida was in the finals last year and looked good in the regular season, Carolina is a perpetual darling and made big splashes at the trade deadline The Rangers play ugly looking hockey in a lot of ways and all the analytics models that don't like them do tend to sway opinions eventually IMO

If the Rangers won the cup I'd love to see how the popular public analytics community ties itself into knots trying to explain it for the next 4 months
There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics (analytics).

But seriously, Bobrovsky was better than Shesterkin in game one, and Shesterkin was MUCH better than Bobrovsky yesterday. 2:1 series lead is fair.

Reactions: Ned Braden

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Is this serious? I laugh react when something is funny. Are we really supposed to not laugh at things because it’s trolling? Wtf?
I mean, after a loss, if you post something here in our PGT like, "Man watching Igor let in those easy shots really pissed me off." and someone from the winning teams comes in here and laugh reacts to it, it would probably piss you off.

Reactions: Leonardo87

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC

For the “thoroughly outplayed” crowd. Just like the first 2 games it was completely evenly played until the 3rd when Florida threw the kitchen sink at us down 2. Rangers reset and looked like the fresher team in OT as they have all postseason. Difference in the game was Igor was clutch and Flopbrovsky choked
Outplayed has an expanded definition here. The Panthers "played" more, sure, the Rangers kinda watched Florida play around and shoot and shoot. With how it all panned out in terms of actual chances, 4-4 going into overtime made total sense.

The Rangers definitely want to be more than just passengers though. If the team could press and actually "play" more in a game, they could score 6 or 7 a night. The goalies we have played so far, and even in the West aren't superstars.

At least two of Florida's goals were due to our bonehead defense being unable to clear the puck. Those are straight up gifts. We were given maybe 1 gift last night, Florida got at least 2. The end result make sense. It's still a steal, but the Rangers can be better and if they are they take this series in 6 at most.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Outplayed has an expanded definition here. The Panthers "played" more, sure, the Rangers kinda watched Florida play around and shoot and shoot. With how it all panned out in terms of actual chances, 4-4 going into overtime made total sense.

The Rangers definitely want to be more than just passengers though. If the team could press and actually "play" more in a game, they could score 6 or 7 a night. The goalies we have played so far, and even in the West aren't superstars.

They can end this series early if Mika Panarin and Kreider wake up

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
They can end this series early if Mika Panarin and Kreider wake up
AND defense smartens and tightens. I actually think its more on the defense. Mika, Panarin, and Kreider in 3 games aren't our stars, right now it's Trocheck, Laf and Goodrow of all people. You know what? Who cares, at least we got some scoring now. But what we don't have is good defending. If that comes in, we are set regardless of what Mika and Bread do.

Reactions: Atax and CLW

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
No.

Trouba tried to elbow him in the head and missed.

Just like he misses lots of things.
No.

Trouba tried to catch him in the shoulder but he missed (actually stillgrazed the top of the shoulder first) because that muppet came in low.

As valid a take as your own. Unless you’re psychic and read Trouba’s mind.

Rodrigues should get fined for that 5 minute death scene he acted out before going right back out to play.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Maurice is a smug D bag. A good coach, but a d-bag .
-seeing him and his entire coaching staffs faces pucker up like a lemon when that OT goal went in was great.
-Laf emerging as a true stud in reg season/playoffs is amazing. We’ve been waiting for this and now it’s happened.
Great physical play, shooting the puck, skating around like a madman, 2 highlight real goals… him going right thru Kulikov and EK-Larsen like shit thru a goose was fantastic.
-will Cuylle is a big time player guys, and he’s only a rookie. He got an assist in GM 3. But if you go back and look on Goodrow s gm2 winner and his 1st goal in game 3, it’s Cuylle driving next to goodie pushing the D back both times.
Kid has been physical, had some good looks, and a dangerous shot. I’m really impressed with his play this year as a rookie. Living with Trochek has rubbed off on him. Really bright future in NY.
-tro and shesty have been our backbone.
They show up every game no questions asked and are in on everything positive.
Legends.
-this is the best game I thought Fox has looked. He’s still not a 100% back to normal, but he’s looked a little bit better each game this series.
-Zibby/kreider/chytil need to score and generate more offense. Period.
-Schneider has been an absolute beast.
He’s gotten better and more important each series. He’s going to be a monster in 2-3 years.
- miller has all the tools to be an outstanding D man, but his mental lapses keep continuing. For the most part he’s played well, but if he figures it all out, Fox/miller/schneider will be a nightmare for teams. 1 will be on the ice for 20 min a game at least if miller/schneider not a pairing.
- Trouba had a rough 1 here.
The biggest things that drive me up a wall are Panarin s 1v1 lack of compete on the defensive side of the puck. In loose pucks he’ll wave his stick a little and watch the opposing player take it… this is the ECF my man….need better from you here.
- the PP stinks. Either switch strategy or some personnel, at least for a little while. It’s starting to turn into a net negative like it was for the canes…. Figure that shit out
- love Rempe, but not being able to roll 4 lines evenly has this team gassed late in periods. Lavi is playing a dangerous game with that, especially with a lot of games going into OT.
- GM 4 is gigantic here. Panthers are going to bring everything they can muster to start this one. Shesty needs to be sharp and we have to weather the storm for the 1st 10-15 min and don’t break. Do your job, attention to detail, and make sure you do the little things.

6 wins away from the promise land boys……let’s f***ing Go! Win game 4 and it takes the lead out of the panthers pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad