Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Panther_Diving.png

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Regarding Mika, Panarin, and Kreider. I'm going to give a ton of credit to Florida for taking them out of the first three games of this series and making them essentially non-factors.

Kreider has 8 SOG and 10 hits.
Mika has 7 SOG.
Panarin has 7 SOG.

Of the three I think Kreider has been the most impactful when on the forecheck with some physical play, but it's still not enough.

I mean Barclay Goodrow has three goals on 4 SOG in this series. It's absurd, but so great at the same time to get these timely contributions. It's stuff like this that wins you cups.

Lafreniere has 2 goals, 10 SOG (6 of them yesterday), and 10 hits.

Mika and Panarin need to be smarter with the puck. Lots of turnovers. Mika went from 62.5% on faceoffs in Game 2 to 36.4% in Game 3. Maurice was shrewd in the matchups.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
God KNOWS, I have tons to say. As you all know, when you go to a game, you see things that you might not see on TV. All I know is, that I didn't leave, with my tail betwixt my legs. Would say 60-40% Panther fans. Upon leaving, chants of Igor, LGR's and the Goal song. Think Rempe, Rempe as well. 1 IPA and a BBQ Beef Brisket.......$50.00 later, lol.
Don't yet know how you evaluated it, but I saw the Panthers school us, but in the end we gave them hell with our overall talent and moxy.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
I'm serious when I ask this. \Why the f*** are they allowed to troll like this time and time again?

It's exhausting and it's a pure double standard. Islanders fans are nowhere near as dumbf***-y as Devils fans. They don't troll anywhere near as much. They aren't outright scumbags f***ing up every single thread on the main board, either.

Islanders, Flyers, and Pens fanbases are all fine. They are all annoying, but they aren't derailing every thread. F*cking Devils fans are so desperate for Rangers' fans attention since they are so hilariously jealous that the Islanders are our top rival. So f***ing pathetic.

It just makes the main threads unenjoyable, too. What does anyone gain from allowing this in such a manner? I really don't get the appeal or what people think HFB gains from allowing that unhinged fanbase to vomit all over the main board threads.
The Devils are the little sisters to the Rangers and Islanders. And you can throw the Flyers in there for good measure. Jealously rears it’s ugly head

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
Time for me to venture into the mains

We’re like this boxer that keeps taking body shots with the occasional blow to the head, but just won’t go down. The opponent is tiring themselves out until their technique fails and they drop their cover. And there we are with the one punch that matters.
I love it. The NY Rope-a-Dopes.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Yeah, you can’t go to other team forums and troll like. Which is using the “lol” like.
Is this serious? I laugh react when something is funny. Are we really supposed to not laugh at things because it’s trolling? Wtf?

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
I love it. The NY Rope-a-Dopes.

They have played like this for huge periods of time against Carolina and Florida and Im not sure its sustainable over the long haul BUT,

This had to be a huge gut-punch to Florida, what more can they really do? They played about as best as they could, had 6 powerplays and still come out on the losing end. It has to be in their heads a little bit by now, its definitely in Bobs head, you could tell by how he reacted to the winning goal. I think he is losing composure and maybe a little tired

And one last thing.. IGOR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Crazy win, Florida must be in shock. We need game 4 to put them away mentally.
2 things could happen. We come out roaring with nothing to lose and they fold like a cheap mentally wrecked tent, OR they are so pissed that they......do what they just did, NOT give up a shortie, Bobrovsky wakes up 2" taller and Wennberg goes back into hiding.
I'm betting on the latter. PROVE me wrong Rangers, please, please.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Had to go to sleep before the 3rd, such is the life of a working man. But what a nice feeling to wake up and check the score.

giphy - Copy.gif

Laf was brilliant for the periods that I watched. Kakko was pretty meh, but did contribute to the winning goal. If they awarded 3rd assists...

Oh, and there are no words to describe Shesty.

Reactions: Kords

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Regarding Mika, Panarin, and Kreider. I'm going to give a ton of credit to Florida for taking them out of the first three games of this series and making them essentially non-factors.

Kreider has 8 SOG and 10 hits.
Mika has 7 SOG.
Panarin has 7 SOG.

Of the three I think Kreider has been the most impactful when on the forecheck with some physical play, but it's still not enough.

I mean Barclay Goodrow has three goals on 4 SOG in this series. It's absurd, but so great at the same time to get these timely contributions. It's stuff like this that wins you cups.

Lafreniere has 2 goals, 10 SOG (6 of them yesterday), and 10 hits.

Mika and Panarin need to be smarter with the puck. Lots of turnovers. Mika went from 62.5% on faceoffs in Game 2 to 36.4% in Game 3. Maurice was shrewd in the matchups.
That is how you know you have a TEAM. Your big guns are going to have bad games/series. Need others to step up and it has happened the last 2 games. If before the start of the series, you would have said Kreider, Mika, and Panarin would have a combined 1 point and be a collective -5 after 3 games, most would have laid serious money they were down 3-0. Let's not forget, Florida is winning the PP battle, 3-0.

Reactions: HolyHagelin and CLW

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The MF’n stud which Laf is turning into.. ohmygod. The confidence is heartwarming. And taking runs at Tkachuk any chance he gets has really helped neutralize that d-bag.

Keep the foot on the gas boys.

Reactions: Kords and bhamill

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
God KNOWS, I have tons to say. As you all know, when you go to a game, you see things that you might not see on TV. All I know is, that I didn't leave, with my tail betwixt my legs. Would say 60-40% Panther fans. Upon leaving, chants of Igor, LGR's and the Goal song. Think Rempe, Rempe as well. 1 IPA and a BBQ Beef Brisket.......$50.00 later, lol.
Don't yet know how you evaluated it, but I saw the Panthers school us, but in the end we gave them hell with our overall talent and moxy.
Not picking on you, Larry, but I'll never understand people who eat & drink arena food & then bitch about the prices. I mean you have to know going in they're going to bend you over for shitty food.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I mean really. WGAF about shot attempts. People need to realize that the goalie is actually the most important part of the team especially in the playoffs. We have one of the best and I'm not going to apologize for it.
I get the philosophy, but it is a measure you look at long-term. Game to game, doesnt work. 1) I question the accuracy. After 1st period, they said it was 37-10 for Florida. Rangers had 8 SOG. Are they saying the Rangers only had 2 shot attempts that missed or were blocked? I find that hard to believe. 2) Saw the Panthers won the SA battle 94-35 (or something like that). If they attempted 94 shots, and only scored 4 goals, they may want to start attending shooting clinics. I know a place in NJ that has some really good instructors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad