Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Here's the glass half full perspective:

We won while looking shittier than ever.

Florida absolutely went ham and who knows if they can do that again for that duration.

Lavi gets to look at what they were doing to us and how we can counter, just like we countered in game 2.

Kreider, Mika, Fox, Panarin all no shows and if that changes... we absolutely win the series.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
6 games to go. I don't give a f*** if they get doubled up in shots the rest of the way. The only thing that matters at this point is the W.
giphy.gif

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ok, before some clowns accuse me of being on the rose colored glasses team again or whatever, let me just give it to you like this.

Good:

-We're scoring at 5v5. If we keep getting ESG, we're winning the Cup yesterday.

-If we just won our overtime games, we win the Cup in 2014 and go back to the Finals in 2015. We're doing that.

Bad:

-Man, that was the worst Rangers playoff win in my lifetime.

-We haven't had a win that wasn't overtime or a miracle comeback since game 1 against Carolina.

What I'm not that concerned about: the powerplay and the big forwards. They're gonna heat up. The team just sucked today. You can't expect your big guys to be good when the whole team isn't good.

What I am concerned about: our defense corps sucks. It's Gustafsson for the little time he plays and half of Adam Fox. Everyone else is unwatchable. It's a legit weakness. We knew it was a weakness but they can't be as bad as they were today.

I'm not trying to be negative. All I'm saying is, we're six wins away from the best thing that's ever going to happen to us outside of wives and kids (and in some cases even then). Now is the time to step it up and close this f***er out.

I think Laviolette needs to make a few adjustments despite the win. The powerplay needs a long look in practice and need to stop chasing behind the net so much.

Get back to playing the way we did in games 1 and 2 and we go to the Finals.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Didn't want to jinx anything earlier, but today is my birthday and I was stuck inside all weekend (and tomorrow at work) running a huge industry project. My wife, dog and I should have been at Central Park watching the game out there since we live in the neighborhood. Was so bummed, couldn't drink.

Wennberg salvaged the day.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
There’s an old saying in baseball… it looks like a line drive in the box score .

We played like ass

But it goes down as a line drive in the gap with you waving to your parents on second base in Little League that good of a f***ing victory fellas

We are 6 wins from Canyon of heroes
10/16 done. It's been a wild ride and I truly hope I get to enjoy a parade.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t want to hear about they didn’t deserve to win that game or they didn’t play well enough to win. They got it done, this is going to hopefully put a lot of doubt in Florida’s heads.

They were also fighting poor reffing all night, so that didn’t help either.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It was close game after 2.

KAM destroyed us on the first few PPs.

Our mindset/gameplan with a lead in the 3rd has been dog shit all season. Allow teams to build massive amounts of momentum.... They were dead to rights after we killed that PP to start the 3rd... ZERO killer instinct. Zibs is a female dog.

Up 2-1 while losing Special Teams battle.

P.S. - Laffy and Goodrow are big dick hanging gamers

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: