Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Did Dom punt your family dog? You never miss a chance to go after him.
it's nothing personal, but he consistently shares info under the claim that it's insider info, more often than not it doesn't pan out, and yet it's treated like gospel. if it was just that I'd let it go, but he also gets extremely defensive & condescending when mere mortals question him or any of his info, so it's kind of a reap/sow situation.

I don't think the questions i'm asking should be considered controversial and I don't think they would be if they were asked of any other poster claiming to have inside info.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
it's nothing personal, but he consistently shares info under the claim that it's insider info, more often than not it doesn't pan out, and yet it's treated like gospel. if it was just that I'd let it go, but he also gets extremely defensive & condescending when mere mortals question him or any of his info, so it's kind of a reap/sow situation.

I don't think the questions i'm asking should be considered controversial and I don't think they would be if they were asked of any other poster claiming to have inside info.
Fair enough.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Heres where you are dead stop wrong. “the claim of insider info”.
When I see it with my own2 eyes and its from agents, Assist GMs, and team staffs, it legit.

We have had others here, like bcbruin, one of the most legit sources we’ve ever had run off by crap like this.

If its vetted. And we know who they are, its vetted.

For the last time. Move on and stay moving on.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Geekie came in and had his best year ever. JVR, who Flyers fans couldn't wait to get rid of, had a solid year. Heinen resurrected his career. Boquist resurrected his career. Players come to Boston and get better. It will be the same for Kastelic and Korpisalo.
Bingo. Spot on

Terms included. How could a GM do that to himself. Who gives a free agent a NTC? Just baffling really.
A team who wants a player. At that age players deserve to play where they want.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Terms included. How could a GM do that to himself. Who gives a free agent a NTC? Just baffling really.
A team who wants a player. At that age players deserve to play where they want.
Linus came to Boston with a 50-47 record. Basically he was a backup.
Korpisalo comes with a 115-107 playing on crappy teams, Columbus, LA and Ottawa.

I'm totally fine with this trade.

Bottomline, make Swayman the #1. Playing 50+ games.
no we should have got the 7th overall and a top prospect!!!😀

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
How does this trade in any way help us in the playoffs though? We just had our most tradable asset move out for a pick, a 4th liner who had a handful of healthy scratches for a bottom feeder the last couple years and a backup goalie.

The goal for trading Ullmark should have been to improve our playoff roster. The best chance of playoff roster improvement in this deal is hoping Kastelic out plays Lauko and brazeau for a spot on the 4th line.

By all means korpisalo should revitalize his career here. He will have a better defense and be playing against the weaker teams on the schedule. But he’s not going to be an impact player in the playoffs.
Sure but we might just need two goalies to get into the playoffs. Also history tells us most goalies don’t play well every playoffs, we might need him. See 2023 playoff Panthers

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Morning bud.

Have an early day. Heading to med ctr. 8:00 appointment at nuclear medicine 4 hours of tests. Got something going on in my throat. Then followup with Surgeon next Wednesday.

Always something.

Who knows, maybe the radioactive shit theyre shooting me up with will turn me into Spiderman or the Hulk.
Prayers for you and your family

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Linus came to Boston with a 50-47 record. Basically he was a backup.
Korpisalo comes with a 115-107 playing on crappy teams, Columbus, LA and Ottawa.

I'm totally fine with this trade.

Bottomline, make Swayman the #1. Playing 50+ games.
Holy shit. You are comparing the two on team win losses????

Korpisalo has played on some bad teams, yes. But Columbus and LA ain't no Buffalo and Ottawa isn't any worse than Buffalo.

Linus in Buffalo
117GP .912 S% 2.77GAA
.913 .917 .935 .905 .915 .917
3.06 2.00 3.11 2.69 2.63

A model of consistency who ate a tone of pucks and just as obviously stole a bunch of games for Buffalo.

Korpisalo with CLB and 1.15 Seasons with LA and OTT:
276GP .901 S% 3.06GAA
.920 .905 .897 .897 .911 .894 .877 .913 .921 .890
2.60 2.88 3.32 2.95 2.60 3.30 4.15 3.17 2.13 3.27

A model of inconsistency who faced a lot of shots, let in a lot of goals, and obviously lost a bunch of games for his teams.

p.s. Before you get too excited about that 2.13 GAA sliver of hope among the SHIT SHOW that was Korpisalo's last four seasons? That was a 10 game stint in LA.

Morning bud.

Have an early day. Heading to med ctr. 8:00 appointment at nuclear medicine 4 hours of tests. Got something going on in my throat. Then followup with Surgeon next Wednesday.

Always something.

Who knows, maybe the radioactive shit theyre shooting me up with will turn me into Spiderman or the Hulk.
God speed Wally.

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
Something occurred to me yesterday.
Was it 3 years ago(?), Rask had retired and myself and a lot of other people thought they would go with a Swayman Vladar combo. Suddenly they signed Ullmark and I thought it was a mistake.
Turns out I was wrong. Maybe I am wrong again.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and CDJ

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
every reporter and their mother was reporting Ullmark to Ottawa in the last couple weeks.

and again i'm not questioning that he has someone feeding him info, just wondering what the hell we're doing here if the info is significantly off-base.

This unfortunately falls under the individual responsibility to not let the info sway them, but really people can't help themselves. In reality the return more in line than the wild speculation that ran around here like 7, 12, 25 + chychrun nonsense, but is what it is.

Reactions: dangermike

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Korpisalo has played on some bad teams, yes. But Columbus and LA ain't no Buffalo and Ottawa isn't any worse than Buffalo.

Linus in Buffalo
117GP .912 S% 2.77GAA
.913 .917 .935 .905 .915 .917
3.06 2.00 3.11 2.69 2.63

A model of consistency who ate a tone of pucks and just as obviously stole a bunch of games for Buffalo.

Korpisalo with CLB and 1.15 Seasons with LA and OTT:
276GP .901 S% 3.06GAA
.920 .905 .897 .897 .911 .894 .877 .913 .921 .890
2.60 2.88 3.32 2.95 2.60 3.30 4.15 3.17 2.13 3.27

A model of inconsistency who faced a lot of shots, let in a lot of goals, and obviously lost a bunch of games for his teams.

p.s. Before you get too excited about that 2.13 GAA sliver of hope among the SHIT SHOW that was Korpisalo's last four seasons? That was a 10 game stint in LA.

God speed Wally.
Sorry to jump in here, but was reading for opinions and one thing I've also found is that almost every season, whoever Korpisalo was paired with, that tender (Bobrovsky, McIlhenney & Merzlikens) was putting up ~.020 higher save percentage behind the same team. One of Korpisalo's best seasons was his rookie year 9 years ago. Basically 2 solid seasons since then. Last year was a train wreck. I just don't see it in him, but hopefully he can level out as an okay backup for you guys.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
I mean what team did Ullmark go to? Also what team did Dom say he was going to?
He did say Ottawa all along. But he also said that Chychrun was informed that he was being traded. Not sure what happened to the rumors about Jakob coming to the Bruins? That did not pan out.

Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Great signing.

You rarely hit a grand slam in free agency like they did with Zdeno Chara.

If Chara is a GS, then Ullmark is a 2 run homer, IMO. Really good cap hit for the value you got.

The organization granted him the NMC & NTC. It’s a negotiation chip, and maybe it saves you some cap space and cash on the AAV, but it could bite you, and in this case it bit them.

They might have held onto the asset a little bit too long and teams knew they were in a game of chicken against the B’s.

The B’s blinked.

The return isn’t that bad, but it’s also not very good (yet, who knows long term).

The B’s typically come out landing on their feet somehow, despite how much we criticize the move in the moment.

Reactions: CDJ and dangermike

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He did say Ottawa all along. But he also said that Chychrun was informed that he was being traded. Not sure what happened to the rumors about Jakob coming to the Bruins? That did not pan out.
That was only if Ullmark agreed to an extension. The Bruins would have got more if Ullmark was more than a UFA for the Senators.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
every reporter and their mother was reporting Ullmark to Ottawa in the last couple weeks.

and again i'm not questioning that he has someone feeding him info, just wondering what the hell we're doing here if the info is significantly off-base.
ever think that dom shares info of whats happening at a specific time and then the two+ sides chat about it and things change?

as for you getting hung up on whether ott was on his NTC or not and he waived it for them - well thats an amount of semantics that i cant get worked up over and if you can you gotta reevaluate...

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta

Korpisalo has played on some bad teams, yes.

Linus in Buffalo

Korpisalo with CLB and 1.15 Seasons with LA and

You have an issue with me comparing team wins and losses with Ullmark and Korpisalo and yet you mention to a degree the same thing.
Yes, I can bore everyone to tears with stat after stat of whether either goalie played better pissing in a urinal on game day or in a toilet while sitting down.
My comparison of Ullmark and Korpisalo was pointing out similarities and the teams they played on prior to coming to the Bruins.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
What are you going to pay him, he will be looking for a raise.
Oh I wouldn't expect him back. I'm just saying he's a free agent next year so Ottawa wasn't going to give us a top 10 pick for a one year guy.
All we have learned for sure now is Ottawa was never on his list so he had no say in going there. We have no idea if he will want to stay there after this season.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Except he didnt. Korpisalo only counts $1.8m against the cap if he's sent to Providence. It's not a poison pill.
3 years of 1.8 dead cap is good? You realize the other party got last years Vezina winner and your already talking buried cap hits in Providence? Plenty of off-season left but Bruins got beat like a drum here.

I guess we can all make ourselves feel better by hoping the Ullmark family enjoys Ottawa more than Colorado right?

Don't like picking up Korpisalo. It turned the trade into a solid return to a mediocre one. But I have confidence that Goalie Bob and the Bruins D will make him look good enough that he can be a positive value asset to trade away a year from now.
Likely not the asset Bussi would have been but I agree.

If Bussi wasn’t in the organization and we swung at Korpisalo 4 years 2.5 mil I’d be cool with it.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Linus's first press conference with the Ottawa media. Interesting to hear what he says about Goalie Bob (around the 19 minute mark). Thinks Goalie Bob should get in the hall of fame. Making me think yes, he will fix Korpisalo too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad