Traded Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Why do we assume the man needs a mortgage?
If I had the $$$ I would just buy outright!
I mean, 1.5-2 million CAD is chump change right?
I hope he is moving into in my hood!
(I definitely have a mortgage)

Reactions: DrEasy

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

If you've got say 5 mil lying around you can likely get some kind of GIC or whatever that gives you 5.5-6.2% these days. Maybe more. He can probably find a mortgage rate at 5 or even under 5. GIC pays the mortgage rate, plus a little extra on top.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If you've got say 5 mil lying around you can likely get some kind of GIC or whatever that gives you 5.5-6.2% these days. Maybe more. He can probably find a mortgage rate at 5 or even under 5. GIC pays the mortgage rate, plus a little extra on top.
Usually the best GIC, is around the best 5 year closed. Don’t usually see a GIC more than a mortgage. So a wash at best.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Usually the best GIC, is around the best 5 year closed. Don’t usually see a GIC more than a mortgage. So a wash at best.

I was offered a 5.7% GIC last week. Granted I haven't been shopping for mortgages but I'd imagine a guy with Ullmark's financial leverage could probably do better than that on a mortgage rate. Plus, he may just be putting things in a higher risk fund that could easily get him 7-8% interest (with risk of course).

The point is there are definitely reasons for people with his cash/income to not pay cash and take on a mortgage.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The overall point is you can get a better return investing the money than it costs to finance the house. Put it in mutual funds, you can easily beat the current cost to borrow, albeit with some degree of risk.

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Good to hear it was 3.4. I was worried he bought the place on Catherine street.

475-catharine-st-whats-going-on-here-v0-ouvkh57lpyfb1.jpg

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
This high priced home purchase of our super star gaolie makes me feel good....this is a very expensive home and the thought of him keeping it for one year as an investment goes right out the door. There is no room to make money on this home, regardless of how the real estate climate changes. I would think there is something going to happen within the first few months of the season as an extension.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
This high priced home purchase of our super star gaolie makes me feel good....this is a very expensive home and the thought of him keeping it for one year as an investment goes right out the door. There is no room to make money on this home, regardless of how the real estate climate changes. I would think there is something going to happen within the first few months of the season as an extension.
If this team has another shitty, "leave the goalies out to dry", start to the season, he will sell it at a $500,000 loss.

Reactions: BigRig4

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I was offered a 5.7% GIC last week. Granted I haven't been shopping for mortgages but I'd imagine a guy with Ullmark's financial leverage could probably do better than that on a mortgage rate. Plus, he may just be putting things in a higher risk fund that could easily get him 7-8% interest (with risk of course).

The point is there are definitely reasons for people with his cash/income to not pay cash and take on a mortgage.
Yes, there are people (investment advisers) who have reasons to advise people with high incomes where to invest. Those advisers are not always worth the fees they deduct.

I would want to sign him rather than dilly dally about. Get on with it Steve!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He spent almost double that haha. But its a stones throw away from a great elementary school, hopefully his family likes it and it encourages him to sign and he is a good fit of course.

Everyone knows this means Ullmark wants to wait, which is absolutely fair. Has a young family and has no ties to the organization.

Sounds better if it's a mutual decision, but everyone knows Staios would be thrilled if he could extend Ullmark now.
Probably, but given the massive goaltending blunders the sens have recently had its probably a good idea for management to see if its a fit before giving them the keys to the city like Dorion did with Murray and Korpisalo.

Infinitely better approach than the Matt Murray signing. I'm so optimistic this will work out well for all parties.
Its a crazy concept to have a competent GM eh. Such a weird feeling.

Reactions: Icelevel

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Ullmark were to extend right now, I wonder what that deal would look like. 8 years at $8 million?

Maybe he'd accept a lower caphit if we front load it with signing bonuses (c'mon Andlauer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad