Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
We currently have $65.3 committed next year with 12 on the books, 13 if you toss MacEwen which we will. Let's say Ullmark gets 7 long term and cap is $92M. Thats $20M to sign 10 guys. Notable players to sign are Ridley and Giroux. If they take $8M combined thats $12M to sign: a backup ($2M), 4 depth forwards (Halliday and Ostapchuk, 2.25 combined) and 3 D one of which is Kleven ($1.5M).

So about $6.5M to sign 2 depth forwards and 2 D, one of which is likely Yak.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
There is something psychological with skaters when you know you have a good goalie too, you play more confidently. I don’t know when the last time you could sort of feel that even was? I don’t think we had it with Anderson, at least not consistently. Weirdly it might have been the Hamburglar run or maybe you go back to Emery’s peak.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
There is something psychological with skaters when you know you have a good goalie too, you play more confidently. I don’t know when the last time you could sort of feel that even was? I don’t think we had it with Anderson, at least not consistently. Weirdly it might have been the Hamburglar run or maybe you go back to Emery’s peak.
It's going to give the guys so much more confidence
Imagine playing in front of a vezina winner vs Korpi lol
Only 6 teams will play in front of a vezina winner this year and we are one of them (Win, Minni,Tampa,Rangers,Florida,Sens)
We are so lucky to have him

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
This is absolutely true. My boy who plays hockey, when they have a not so solid goalie and they get scored on the first few shifts, you can actually see the kids on the bench who slouch. Their body language shows "here we go again" and the team plays very very poorly, So, imagine at the NHL level.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I was feeling pretty good about things until we handed out that woofer of a deal to a non solution. Worst UFA contract ever handed out in Ottawa.
Your dislike for Korpisalo makes me laugh. You're all chill and then you hear his name and snap. "Why did you punch that baby in the face?"
"It said Korpisalo."

• Haha
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Your dislike for Korpisalo makes me laugh. You're all chill and then you hear his name and snap. "Why did you punch that baby in the face?"
"It said Korpisalo."
Lol! You're not wrong. I'm probably overly harsh, but in no world should he ever have gotten that deal given his resume. I don't think I've ever disliked a deal in Ottawa that much.

When that went down, I'd compare the deflating feelings I had to a big injury derailing the season. Like Karlsson going down to an achilles slice job by Cooke the Assassin. Or your ace pitcher going down just before the playoffs.

Just felt like a massive gut punch that took all the wind out of the sails.

Reactions: Loach

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Big Penis Linus looked as good, calm, and stable. He is the type that instills confidence from the crease that resonates throughout the ice.

Swayman just signed 8 years at $8.25M per, that’s the ceiling for a Ullmark long-term extension. Let’s get Ullmark signed long-term Staios, ideally at a cap hit not exceeding $7.5M annually.

Reactions: Sting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad