Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
We currently have $65.3 committed next year with 12 on the books, 13 if you toss MacEwen which we will. Let's say Ullmark gets 7 long term and cap is $92M. Thats $20M to sign 10 guys. Notable players to sign are Ridley and Giroux. If they take $8M combined thats $12M to sign: a backup ($2M), 4 depth forwards (Halliday and Ostapchuk, 2.25 combined) and 3 D one of which is Kleven ($1.5M).

So about $6.5M to sign 2 depth forwards and 2 D, one of which is likely Yak.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
There is something psychological with skaters when you know you have a good goalie too, you play more confidently. I don’t know when the last time you could sort of feel that even was? I don’t think we had it with Anderson, at least not consistently. Weirdly it might have been the Hamburglar run or maybe you go back to Emery’s peak.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
There is something psychological with skaters when you know you have a good goalie too, you play more confidently. I don’t know when the last time you could sort of feel that even was? I don’t think we had it with Anderson, at least not consistently. Weirdly it might have been the Hamburglar run or maybe you go back to Emery’s peak.
It's going to give the guys so much more confidence
Imagine playing in front of a vezina winner vs Korpi lol
Only 6 teams will play in front of a vezina winner this year and we are one of them (Win, Minni,Tampa,Rangers,Florida,Sens)
We are so lucky to have him

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
This is absolutely true. My boy who plays hockey, when they have a not so solid goalie and they get scored on the first few shifts, you can actually see the kids on the bench who slouch. Their body language shows "here we go again" and the team plays very very poorly, So, imagine at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad