Line Combos: Lineup for 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Fun to play along, if it were me, I’d run:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Dvorak - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Struble

Montembeault
Primeau

If that second line can stay healthy - and that’s a HUGE if - then the Habs would finally have some secondary scoring to help out the first line.

Reactions: BLONG7

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I think they'll play Laine with Dach. I don't think they want to touch the cole/suzy/Slaf line
They might do that and then try things during the season when they’re in a down or because of injuries.

It's kinda encroaching on Caufield's role though eh? Laine likes to slide down low as well.
Not really you can place Caufield in the bumber position, the one Newhook was in last season. Or place Laine there.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
CC Suzuki Slaf
Laine Dach Gallagher
Newhook Dvorak Anderson
Roy Evan Armia

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Savard
Xhekaj Barron
Struble

I feel like everyone going to puke at Gallagher on the 2nd line but Dach carrys the puck Laine finding his spot and shotting Gallagher is just crashing the net looking for tips and rebounds, which is what he does best could help him bounce back and increase in value, if it doesn't work than basically anyone can plug in that spot Anderson, Roy Newhook, Armia

Newhook is the only guy that seem to have any chemistry with Anderson so that might help that situation, Roy and Armia had some chemistry, fell like you can flip Dvorak and Evans.
With Laine I’m might be more inclined to resign Armia
Still I would trade Savard and Dvorak maybe even Evans if the price is right.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I kind of feel bad for Roy, the poor guy will have to play with Dvorak and Anderson lol. Also seems like Hutson is making the team as Barron/Struble will rotate as the #6/7 dmen.
It also leaves the door open for Mailloux and Reinbacher, either if there is an injury or if they outplay Barron and Struble on the right.

I definitely have it as below. As imo Dvo, although not a dynamic C for Roy to play with, I think would be a good complementary winger when playing with offensive players:

Caufield/Laine - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine/Caufield - Dach - Dvo
Roy - Newhook - Armia
Gallagher - Evans - Anderson
Pez

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Struble/Reinbacher/Mailloux
Barron

Monty
Primes

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I see HuGo likes to surround our smaller players with bigger players. Giants

4 of our top 6 will be over 6’1”,

Demidov 6’1”
Dach 6’4”
Laine 6’5”
Slafkovsky 6’3”

Suzuki is 5’11”
Caufield is 5’7”

Our defense
Surround Hutson 5’9” with Guhle 6’3”, Reinbacher 6’4”, Mailloux 6’4”, Xhekaj 6’4” Engstrom and Barron are average height 6’2”

Reactions: Holystik

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Laine - Dach - Roy
Newhook - Dvorak - Anderson

Hopefully both Laine and Dach can stay healthy but I highly doubt it.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
CC-Suzuki-Newhook
Roy-Dach-Slaf
Anderson-Dvo-Armia
Rhp-evans-gally
2024draft pick

Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Savard
Matheson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Struble

CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Armia
Roy-Newhook-Anderson
ABB-Evans-Gally

Guhle-Mailloux
Matheson-Barron
Xhekaj-Savard

Reactions: StCaufield

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Wow the line combos exercise just got a lot more fun!

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Roy
Dvorak-Newhook-Armia
Anderson-Evans-Gally

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Barron

PP1 (2/3 of PP time)

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf-Laine-Matheson

PP2 (1/3 of PP time)

Newhook-Dach-Roy-Hutson
Armia in front of the net

Wow this is actually a fun lineup!! The boring/underperforming players (Dvo/gally/anderson/evans) are relegated to secondary role.

I think we start the year on absolute fire and squeeze into the playoffs…the guys will be extremely motivated.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Slaf / Suzuki / Caufield: Stick with familiarity

Newhook / Dach / Laine: Newhook and Dach share the faceoffs and center role and Laine inflates their assists by putting the puck in the net. Love the shot power we added with Laine and even if he is not a power forward, he has good size and is hard to push around. Can't wait to see what MSL can do for him with little adjustments too.

Roy or ABB / Evans / Anderson: Big season for both Evans and Anderson. I think the left wing spot is a fight between Roy and ABB. Roy in the AHL for one more season doesn't hurt either. Also gets to create chemistry with Beck.

Armia / Dvorak / Gallagher: One of the strongest if not the strongest 4th lines in the NHL.

Two things:
I want Laine to be given Suzuki to boost his confidence and put him in a position to succeed. By the same token give Caufield to Dach.

I think they are going to tinker with a few options before it stabilizes into something consistent.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
CC Suzuki Slaf
Laine Dach Gallagher
Newhook Dvorak Anderson
Roy Evan Armia

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Savard
Xhekaj Barron
Struble

I feel like everyone going to puke at Gallagher on the 2nd line but Dach carrys the puck Laine finding his spot and shotting Gallagher is just crashing the net looking for tips and rebounds, which is what he does best could help him bounce back and increase in value, if it doesn't work than basically anyone can plug in that spot Anderson, Roy Newhook, Armia

Newhook is the only guy that seem to have any chemistry with Anderson so that might help that situation, Roy and Armia had some chemistry, fell like you can flip Dvorak and Evans.
With Laine I’m might be more inclined to resign Armia
Still I would trade Savard and Dvorak maybe even Evans if the price is right.
Hey buddy, Therien is no longer the Habs coach; Gallagher is not even taking a sniff at the second line this year.
Don’t forget, St_Louis even had the guts to start last year with Armia in Laval.

Reactions: StCaufield

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Laine - Dach - Roy
Newhook - Dvorak - Anderson

Hopefully both Laine and Dach can stay healthy but I highly doubt it.
Came here to post this same forward lineup. Dach has been forgotten about. He was better than Suzuki for stretches. I read an article where Laine has been a lot more successful when playing with right shot centres. Roy complements them perfectly. He and Laine can both pick corners - and can both make plays.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Last game of the season

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Demidov - Dach - Laine
Roy - Newhook - Anderson
RHP - Evans/Beck - Gally
Pezz, ABB

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble

Monty
Primeau

If that Demidov-Dack-Laine line can cook, ooooohhhh this top 6 could be killer.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Gut feeling is that the lines may start off as:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Dach-Newhook
Armia-Dvorak/Evans-Gallagher
Pezzetta-Dvorak/Evans-Anderson
Barre-Boulet

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Barron
Xhekaj-Struble

Montembault
Primeau

With Roy, Farrell, Hutson, Mailloux, Hutson, etc. being looked to steal a roster spot in Camp/Pre-Season. I think they may try to offer a vet D or two a PTO as well. I'd like to see lines of:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Dach-Roy
Armia-Newhook-Gallagher
Dvorak-Evans-Anderson
Pezzetta/Barre-Boulet

Guhle-Matheson
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble

Montembault
Primeau

To start the season though.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Barre-Boulet is next to useless getting 9 minutes on the forth line or sitting in the press box as the 13th forward. He's way more valuable to us playing in Laval IMO.

Reactions: Vachon23

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's not obvious which is the first line and which is the second line.

And that's a good thing !

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's not obvious which is the first line and which is the second line.

And that's a good thing !
Balanced scoring is where we are heading guys !!! Both of the top two lines looks great.

We need to stay healthy and we will surprise other teams..................remember we had a ton of one goal losses. Turn some of those into wins, and we are good to go!

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
As Hughes said in the press conference he expects there will be line juggling throughout the year so Laine won't be locked in one spot/line and he'll likely get time with all our guys at some point. That said I'm really looking forward to a Laine-Dach-Newhook line, it's got the potential to be really special and I really like the mesh of styles.

Reactions: DAChampion

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
There's so much offensive talent on the habs this year.
There will be even more talent next year when we replace Armia, Dvorak, Evans, and Savard by Demidov, Beck, Kapanen, and Reinbacher

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There's so much offensive talent on the habs this year.
There will be even more talent next year when we replace Armia, Dvorak, Evans, and Savard by Demidov, Beck, Kapanen, and Reinbacher
I'm looking forward to next year as well.

But, I am looking forward to seeing how much Dvo amd Armia can produce this year, and how much we can trade them for at the trade deadline. Both are in contract years so should be super motivated. And both should be pkaying with good offensive players.

Personally I hope Dvo plays on Dach's wing, with either Laine or Caufoeld on the other side. Then I hope Armia plays with Newhook and either Roy or Gallagher. He had chemistry with both duos last year. I would like to see how many points they can each put up in those roles - and how much we can get for them at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad