Matheson-Mailloux
Guhle-Baron
Xhekaj-Savard
Harris

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Roy / Suzuki / Slaf: Now that Slaf's contract is in place, keep him with Suzuki and put Roy with them. Allow Dach to have some talent.

Newhook / Dach / Caufield: Physical Dach with Newhook and they can share the faceoffs. Caufield can play with Suzuki on the PP but with Dach at 5/5.

ABB / Evans / Armia: I like the potential of this line.

Anderson / Dvorak / Gallagher: The vet line.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
In my opinion, can also be filed under 'what the hell do I know':

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky:
how this line finished the year, gotta assume they start the year together
Newhook - Dach - Armia:
think there is a good chance Roy gets a chance on this line with Newhook and Dach, but to start the year, I could see Armia getting a shot to play above the 4th line. I'm a crazy optimist, but I think Armia is gonna have a good year. I think he figured some stuff out last year.
Gallagher - Dvorak - Anderson:
put all your veteran headaches on one line and see if they can figure something out. Could call this The Price is Right line or the Showcase Showdown line, cause rival GM's can bid on their services. The crazy optimist in me thinks somehow/someway Anderson rebounds from last year.
Heineman - Evans - Roy:
As said previuosly, I don't see Roy spending a lot of time on the 4th line, with injuries and such, but to start the year, if everyone is healthy, he may need to play a few games there.
extra F's : Barre-Boulet - Pezzetta:
Barre-Boulet is better iff sitting in press box over a rookie and Pezzetta will play 50-75% of the games depending on opponent and such.

Matheson - Guhle:

would love to see Guhle back on the left side, but as of right down he plays the right because of need.
Xhekaj - Savard:
I think Hutson could be on this paring in short order, but could see management taking the safe approach and letting him start the year in Laval, especially with the log jam on D right now.
Harris - Barron:
Crazy optimist thinks Barron is gonna take his game up a level this year. At this point last year, I was already considering him as a future top 4 guy. Don't think management is gonna want to put him on waivers, so let's give him a shot.
extra D: Struble:
not ideal to have Struble in the press box, and there is a good chance the log jame on D isn't quite what it is now come training camp, but as of right now, I predict these are the top 7, so one of them has to be here.

Montembeault - Primeau:
don't think this ever need to be discussed.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
1. Caufield / Suzuki / Slaf
That line worked well last year

2. Newhook / Dach / Roy
I would give a chance to Roy to show his skill
Dach is a perfectt second center

3. Armia / Dvorak / Anderson
An heavy line

4. Pezzetta / Evans / Gallagher
Maybe Kapanen could be playing

1. Matheson / Guhle
Safe dman and offesive dman

2. Hutson / Savard
Defensive and offensive

3. Xhekaj / Mailloux
It worked well in Laval

Struble/Barron/Harris

I expect Barron and Harris leaving somewhere. Probably Savard too. Will see

Reactions: badi

SLAFSQUATCH

Jul 16, 2024
Dvorak Volokhin 2nd for Laine ($2,7m ret)

Caulfield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Laine - Newhook - Dach
Roy - Beck - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta - Barre-Boulet

Matheson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Harris
Struble - Savard
Barron

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In my opinion, can also be filed under 'what the hell do I know':

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky:
how this line finished the year, gotta assume they start the year together
Newhook - Dach - Armia:
think there is a good chance Roy gets a chance on this line with Newhook and Dach, but to start the year, I could see Armia getting a shot to play above the 4th line. I'm a crazy optimist, but I think Armia is gonna have a good year. I think he figured some stuff out last year.
Gallagher - Dvorak - Anderson:
put all your veteran headaches on one line and see if they can figure something out. Could call this The Price is Right line or the Showcase Showdown line, cause rival GM's can bid on their services. The crazy optimist in me thinks somehow/someway Anderson rebounds from last year.
Heineman - Evans - Roy:
As said previuosly, I don't see Roy spending a lot of time on the 4th line, with injuries and such, but to start the year, if everyone is healthy, he may need to play a few games there.
extra F's : Barre-Boulet - Pezzetta:
Barre-Boulet is better iff sitting in press box over a rookie and Pezzetta will play 50-75% of the games depending on opponent and such.

Matheson - Guhle:
would love to see Guhle back on the left side, but as of right down he plays the right because of need.
Xhekaj - Savard:
I think Hutson could be on this paring in short order, but could see management taking the safe approach and letting him start the year in Laval, especially with the log jam on D right now.
Harris - Barron:
Crazy optimist thinks Barron is gonna take his game up a level this year. At this point last year, I was already considering him as a future top 4 guy. Don't think management is gonna want to put him on waivers, so let's give him a shot.
extra D: Struble:
not ideal to have Struble in the press box, and there is a good chance the log jame on D isn't quite what it is now come training camp, but as of right now, I predict these are the top 7, so one of them has to be here.

Montembeault - Primeau:
don't think this ever need to be discussed.
I'm hopeful on Barron and I hope they give him a legit shot. Big RD who can skate... that's awesome. The potential for a good player is there. I think Struble plays ahead of Harris most nights. Not that I think Harris is bad but I think Struble's better.

Edit: You don't have Hutson here. Guess I better do one myself. :laugh:

Reactions: Vachon23

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As of now before any moves:

Slaf - Suzuki - CC
Newhook - Dach - Roy
Armia - Dvorak- Gallagher (I think Beck will join at some point and take 3rd line center role)
Anderson - Evans - Pezetta
(Extra - Heineman, RHP, Beck)

- Roy will likely get time on some lower lines and may be replaced if a top six is added. Hopefully he gets time there. If not and we get a vet, Roy will be the first replacement in case of injury.

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Baron

(Extra - Struble, Harris)

- I think Matheson might get moved at the deadline. I don't see him in our longterm plans. I think Hutson will start the year with us.

Montie/Primeau

- Hopefully they play as well as they did last year. I'm not expecting it as they'll be behind a young D.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Marty likes Armia, and Armia finished the season strong. Plus, they are trading him at the deadline, so he will be showcased.

CC - Suzuki - Slaf
Armia - Dach - Newhook
Anderson - Dvorak- Roy
Gallagher - Evans - Heineman
Pezzetta

Matheson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Savard
Struble - Harris
Barron

Montambault
Primeau

Reinbacher and Mailloux in the AHL until injuries or Savard traded.
Hutson, 50% he starts in the AHL, 50% he starts in the NHL

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I like

CC - Suzi - Newhook
Andy - Dach - Slaf
Gally - Dvo - Armia
Pezz - Evans - Roy

(I’d like D to play their natural position’s, but for now)

Matheson - Ghule
Reinbacher - Savard
Xhekaj - Struble
Barron

There is a good chance our vets Gally, Dvo, Andy have bounce back seasons. Not career years but respectable.

Slaf played really well with Dach & they definitely had chemistry…. along with Andy they could help boost his numbers & become a more attractive trading chip. On D Reinbacher has the best chance to make a seamless transition, not unlike Guhle. Some forget just how good this kid is. Mailloux, Beck & FloJack are my favourite wildcards to steal a spot.

We will see a depth at camp that we haven’t seen for many years!
I’m looking forward to this year, cheers.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Barring a trade for a top line winger, I think will go back to Anderson on the 2nd line in hopes he can get it going and get back to who they thought he’d be. Maybe a bounce back year, raise his value and flip him at the deadline. He makes the most amount of sense with the current roster IMO even if I don’t like it.

Cole Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Dach Anderson
Roy Dvo Gally
Heineman Evans Armia
Pezz RHP
I also think they will try Anderson on line 2. Let roy start out on line 3 with 2 vets. Heineman line 4 is intersesting. He’s big and hits. Also some talent. I like your lineup to start. Hopefully beck is ready by Feb and can replace Dvorak

Reactions: Sterling Archer

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Armia on the 3-4 line. Anderson on the 3-4 line, Gally on the 3rd line, Dvorak 3line. Beck,Evens,Pez all 4th line.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Cole Suzuki Slaf
Roy/Armia Dach Newhook
Anderson Dvorak Armia/Roy
Pezz Evans Gallagher
RHP/ABB

Pezz, Evans, Armia and Dvorak are in their final yr, so I expect them to come out strong. Some of them will be traded for futures, so guys like Beck and ABB will join eventually. ABB has to go through waivets too. Anderson is likely on the go too. Either way, the bottom 6 will be revamped. Demidov and Hage will be ready next year.

Matheson Savard
Guhle Barron
Hutson Harris
Xhekaj Struble

Savard, Harris and Barron are susceptible to go any point

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
It seems like the popular opinion round here is that Roy has already made the team. That's surprising as he was rather unremarkable and not very noticeable, but he has the right sounding last name doesn't he. Going into the season with Roy guaranteed a spot suggests that the offseason didn't go as planned. Find it hard to believe there are no better options or moves possible to improve the roster.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
It seems like the popular opinion round here is that Roy has already made the team. That's surprising as he was rather unremarkable and not very noticeable, but he has the right sounding last name doesn't he. Going into the season with Roy guaranteed a spot suggests that the offseason didn't go as planned. Find it hard to believe there are no better options or moves possible to improve the roster.

I disagree with nearly every single sentence of this lol.

Roy isn't guaranteed anything, and if he does make the team it does not indicate the summer didn't go as planned.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
You're disagreeing with facts? lmao

No. I'm disagreeing with your opinions and analysis.

"Going into the season with Roy guaranteed a spot suggests that the offseason didn't go as planned."

Just because it's not how you would have planned the summer, doesn't mean KH thinks the summer didn't go as planned.

"Find it hard to believe there are no better options or moves possible to improve the roster."

I'm sure there were better options for next year in our top 6. Again, KH chose not to pursue some of those options, and may decide to pursue one still.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Alex Barré-Boulet

I got some bad news for your puckIQ...

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
No. I'm disagreeing with your opinions and analysis.

"Going into the season with Roy guaranteed a spot suggests that the offseason didn't go as planned."

Just because it's not how you would have planned the summer, doesn't mean KH thinks the summer didn't go as planned.

"Find it hard to believe there are no better options or moves possible to improve the roster."

I'm sure there were better options for next year in our top 6. Again, KH chose not to pursue some of those options, and may decide to pursue one still.
You're simply speculating on what you think Hughes is thinking and have no way of knowing what he is/was actually planning.

If this was his plan, it is disappointing.

Alex Barré-Boulet

I got some bad news for your puckIQ...
What does this even mean? lol

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
As of today:

Cole Suzuki Salf
Newhook Dach Anderson
Roy Dvo Gally
Heineman Evans Armia

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Savard
Xhekaj Barron
Struble

Ideally before season starts:

Laine Suzuki Slaf
Cole Dach Anderson
Roy Newhook Gally
Heineman Evans Armia

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Savard
Xhekaj Barron
Struble

Gally, Armia and Anderson being interchangeable depends not on who’s going.

Reactions: WinterLion

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
What do you guys think of these lines?

Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Slafkovsky-Hage-Demidov
Roy-Beck-Newhook
Tuch-Kapanen-Xhekaj

Hutson-Reinbacher
Guhle-Mailloux
Engstrom-Xhekaj

Let’s not forget we probably will have 2 top 15 picks in 2025. Calgary and our own. I don’t see us making the playoffs.

Maybe a Porter Martone and Logan Hensler?

Fowler
Primeau
Montembeault

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Slaf - Suzuki - Laine
Newhook - Dach - Caufield

next year Demi arrives and Newhook goes down. we are f***ing stacked!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad