Line Combos: Lineup for 2024-2025

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
And add Dach, Hutson, and Roy..............and another possible move to help the offense by using a Dman in a trade....
Dach was there was last year to start it, so you're not really adding him.

They need to move players out to get Roy and Hutson on there.

Roy likely hopes they do so he doesn't go back down to the A and likely plays like shit like he did after his first month and a half there.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Dach was there was last year to start it, so you're not really adding him.

They need to move players out to get Roy and Hutson on there.

Roy likely hopes they do so he doesn't go back down to the A and likely plays like shit like he did after his first month and a half there.
But Dach played 4 periods........so really we are adding him to the lineup.
Cap friendly has both Hutson and Roy on the salary cap lineup.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
But Dach played 4 periods........so really we are adding him to the lineup.
Cap friendly has both Hutson and Roy on the salary cap lineup.
There were both up and never sent down, so capfriendly wouldn't have changed that.

Likely scenario Dach just replaces the production Monahan had.

There's still time to change things, but as of today the team is pretty much the same..

Maybe Tuch, or Florian surprise and take a 4th like role, but there isn't much going on and that's fine.

Reactions: BLONG7

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Barring a trade for a top line winger, I think will go back to Anderson on the 2nd line in hopes he can get it going and get back to who they thought he’d be. Maybe a bounce back year, raise his value and flip him at the deadline. He makes the most amount of sense with the current roster IMO even if I don’t like it.

Cole Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Dach Anderson
Roy Dvo Gally
Heineman Evans Armia
Pezz RHP

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There were both up and never sent down, so capfriendly wouldn't have changed that.

Likely scenario Dach just replaces the production Monahan had.

There's still time to change things, but as of today the team is pretty much the same..

Maybe Tuch, or Florian surprise and take a 4th like role, but there isn't much going on and that's fine.
We only had Monahan for 49 games. Dach is definitely an addition.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
NHL.com project Andy in the top6

Say it ain't so Marty 😭

I think it's highly likely that Hutson's in the lineup on day one. Same with Roy. Guhle will likely still be on the left side at least until we deal Matheson. I also think it's unlikely that Anderson is in our top six. If they decide that they don't want Roy there (a mistake in my opinion) then I think you'd probably see Gallagher.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all to see any/all of Beck, RB, Maillioux make the team at some point as well.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I think it's highly likely that Hutson's in the lineup on day one. Same with Roy. Guhle will likely still be on the left side at least until we deal Matheson. I also think it's unlikely that Anderson is in our top six. If they decide that they don't want Roy there (a mistake in my opinion) then I think you'd probably see Gallagher.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all to see any/all of Beck, RB, Maillioux make the team at some point as well.
On the right side you mean?

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Barring a trade for a top line winger, I think will go back to Anderson on the 2nd line in hopes he can get it going and get back to who they thought he’d be. Maybe a bounce back year, raise his value and flip him at the deadline. He makes the most amount of sense with the current roster IMO even if I don’t like it.

Cole Suzuki Slaf
Newhook Dach Anderson
Roy Dvo Gally
Heineman Evans Armia
Pezz RHP

He has to win that place back in camp / preseason!

If not, have him play a simple north-south game on the 4th line with Evans and RHP

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Newhook - Dach - Armia
Roy - Dvorak - Anderson
Harvey-Pinard - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta, Barre-Boulet

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Barron
Xhekaj - Harris
Struble

Barre-Boulet and Barron both need waivers so they probably keep him them up to get them NHL playing time unless they're really bad in camp.

Armia and Newhook looked decent together at times late in the year.

Anderson probably gets a shot on the third line to try to show he still has something to give, even if he has a mediocre camp (which I'm expecting).

Struble probably stays up because Hutson, Engstrom, and Trudeau on the left side will need the playing minutes in the more right now (in the AHL).

It's possible that one of the young D (Hutson, Engstrom, Reinbacher or Mailloux) makes a really strong impression in training camp that is hard for the organization to ignore, which pushes them to make a trade or waivers decision involving Harris, Barron, or Struble (exempt). I think it's more likely they'll let things play out through the season to see how affected they are by injuries and what the trade market shapes up to be as the season progresses.

Reactions: bsl

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Anderson and Gally will be eating top 6/top 9 minutes all season , matheson will get top pp minutes all season , gonna be the exact same product+dach , hopefully we can finish bottom 5
Hopefully we can keep enjoying games and reading hf without the angry, depressive must-lose-or-you-don’t-understand-how-hockey-works crowd.

I will be rooting for every puck possession to end in a hab goal, will cheer when it does and nothing that happens in my own head affects outcomes.

This line up is really bad lol

I would like to see Caufield take more shifts with Dach, I feel the new dynamic duo are Slaf+Suzuki.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Hopefully we can keep enjoying games and reading hf without the angry, depressive must-lose-or-you-don’t-understand-how-hockey-works crowd.

I will be rooting for every puck possession to end in a hab goal, will cheer when it does and nothing that happens in my own head affects outcomes.

This line up is really bad lol

I would like to see Caufield take more shifts with Dach, I feel the new dynamic duo are Slaf+Suzuki.
Obviously I will root for them , I'm just saying I'd rather us bottom out until all the loser dead weight is expired

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Hutson will be in the lineup from day 1 unless something unexpected happens in the camp because:
A- watch the highlights video from his 2nd game. At 3:48 when he misses the shootout, look at Robidas and Letowski. They are happy like little boys who just found their first P0rn magazine.
B- Hutson is not an easy player to promote to NHL. He is weak and has significant defensive flaws therefore you need to protect him. We need to capitalize from presence of David Savard as much as possible. Hutson needs to play at least 50 games with Savard before we trade him at TDL. He just came out of university, this would be his 6 month internship.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
My lineup:

Montembeault - Primeau

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Harris

Newhook - Dach - Armia
Roy - Dvorak - Gallagher
RHP - Evans - Anderson
Pezzetta

I still expect couple trades by Hughes. Trade away Harris and get some forward with middle 6 potential.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
A better powerplay will elevate the team. Burrows is gone and MSL will be the architect but not the voice. MSL is intelligent enough to understand all players eventually tire of a coaches voice.
PP1 is suzuki, on the right, cc on the left, Slav out front and low. I believe Hutson and Matheson will be on D.

PP2 is Dach, Newhook and gally. Guhle and the Sherriff.

Canadiens need 265 goals as a team to play meaningful games. Last year was 236. Lots of 3 goal losses in 23-24 and plenty of one goal losses. Consistency will be the key. I am optimistic Hutson can be the general and get pucks to cc and suzuki on the pp1.

no power play improvement and consistency results in a similar finish in the standings. an improvement means meaningful late season games.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
We won’t have the exact same line-up than last year, cause every year there are some surprise…
If I had some projection :
-Logan Mailloux is starting in Montreal on a 3rd pair.
-Joshua Roy on the top 6
-Lane hutson. I will wait for the camp. If he is really good, they will keep him. If he has some struggle, he is gonna be sent down.
-Oliver Kapanen will stay In Montreal

SLAFSQUATCH

Jul 16, 2024
Roy - Newhook - Dach
Armia - Dvorak - Anderson
RHP - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta - ABB

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Harris
Barron

Monty - Primo

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
We won’t have the exact same line-up than last year, cause every year there are some surprise…
If I had some projection :
-Logan Mailloux is starting in Montreal on a 3rd pair.
-Joshua Roy on the top 6
-Lane hutson. I will wait for the camp. If he is really good, they will keep him. If he has some struggle, he is gonna be sent down.
-Oliver Kapanen will stay In Montreal
I think with a strong camp Florian Xhekaj will jump a lot of other forward prospects and suspects on Montreal’s depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad