GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I missed this tonight but will watch the game on the replay because I’m a masochist. I thought we’d be due a win against Tampa but guess not. 5th straight loss against them on home ice.

• Haha
Reactions: NJDevs26

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Forget it. This team allegedly is incapable of putting together any good shifts. They have not done it once this year and will never again.

The HF GMs have spoken
They are absolutely BRUTAL right now. They've played less than 10 periods of solid hockey so far this season.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tonight is why Jake Allen doesn't play as much as a couple people think he should. Because he isn't that good, and he really hasn't been very good. He's an okay backup at best. But if Markstrom couldn't play most of the games I think I'd try Daws over Allen. And I'm not high on Daws. Imagine if Allen played against Washington like one person was upset that he wasn't playing. I can't think he wasn't gonna give up 7 goals that game if Markstrom gave up 6. We're gonna have to play as good as we did against Utah and Buffalo if we want to do anything with him against the Islanders. That's who I'm assuming he'll play.

I'm not high on anybody as long as Rogalski is the goalie coach.

Why is he still here again?

Reactions: glenwo2

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
HF classic. Blowout loss and the vibes are shit.

1729648482651.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cheddabombs

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
...I don't think this is true?

If we change it from "solid" to good it's definitely true. There's been some fine even periods you could say are "solid" if you want but they definitely haven't played 10 good periods and that's even with 5ish against the Sabres.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Before I looked at the final score my first guess was 9-5 Lightning

And then I was like ''Nah, I doubt they scored 9. How about 8-3 Lightning?''.

I got the 5 right the first time and I got the 8 right the second time.

I can't believe I have to review the goals I missed.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If we change it from "solid" to good it's definitely true. There's been some fine even periods you could say are "solid" if you want but they definitely haven't played 10 good periods and that's even with 5ish against the Sabres.
I want you to go period by period.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Boqvist was never middle six anything, at best he's a fourth liner with one attribute.
Maybe not consistent middle six but at least a guy who could fill in there and keep up and do a half-decent job.

He also brought more than one attribute. Speed, an underrated bit of skill, pretty solid defensively, versatility, and very importantly he played hard and fast hockey. Not a game breaker by any means but a decent player who is rather symbolic of the devils shift away from playing with speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad