GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Pesce in, Misyul out on Thursday

then Hughes in, Nemec to Utica after that
I still highly doubt Nemec goes to Utica. He showed he belonged last year and he’s been playing much better for a bit now and Keefe has said so himself. He played well tonight apart from that one brutal lapse at the end of what was a great offensive zone shift.

I’m guessing he’ll get scratched once both are back and then come in after a loss a couple of games or so later.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I said it earlier, people are grasping at any signs of life because we've been so bad
You and unseen or parsing my words way too seriously. You both know I was implying that they were starting to play better in this game in that 2nd before the hit

No need to take a very simple post and drive it into a battle of narratives

Was literally just talking a few mins of this gm

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You and unseen or parsing my words way too seriously. You both know I was implying that they were starting to play better in this game in that 2nd before the hit

No need to take a very simple post and drive it into a battle of narratives

Was literally just talking a few mins of this gm

Forget it. This team allegedly is incapable of putting together any good shifts. They have not done it once this year and will never again.

The HF GMs have spoken

Reactions: Dialamo

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yep and I agree with you. At this point, someone like Cotter or Nate should just be running guys all period. I just don't expect it from Jack or Bratt, nor do I want it.
I don’t want them running people either not at this point. But I would want to see them be physical get angry out there throw a hit nothing stevens like but still be physical. Show emotion care play desperate. If you see your top guys checked out because your down a couple goals then you ain’t going to do much

Reactions: BostonDevil

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
These last couple of games are familiar bad habits on display. That Lindy stench is strong. The guys who were here last year need to learn to play D, and the other guys are new to the team/coach/teammates. I'm honestly surprised they didn't look more like this in the first week.

What really sucks is that this team just seems incapable of playing better at home. I don't understand it, but it's really dis-spiriting as a fan. Maybe even moreso than the overall mediocrity for the last decade.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
can someone explain the hit for those that didnt catch the game

it didnt fit the criteria

Rule 48 – Illegal Check to the Head48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted.

In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:

(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.

(ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable.

(iii) Whether the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
These last couple of games are familiar bad habits on display. That Lindy stench is strong. The guys who were here last year need to learn to play D, and the other guys are new to the team/coach/teammates. I'm honestly surprised they didn't look more like this in the first week.

What really sucks is that this team just seems incapable of playing better at home. I don't understand it, but it's really dis-spiriting as a fan. Maybe even moreso than the overall mediocrity for the last decade.
Maybe that Canada trip coming up is good medicine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
The Hedman goal in particular sticks out like a sore thumb. Dougie couldn't be bothered to do anything.
I’ll have to watch again but I’m not so sure that’s on Dougie. The forward (I think Noesan) was far too collapsed. Hedman was moving in from the point and I think he should’ve stepped out a little to intercept that pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad