GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
Thought it was game 39 with some of the comments I've been reading here.
This is a really rough one lol. The injuries are really exposed against the better teams in the league. And with a new coach, it'll take time to shake those old, bad habits. I'm more worried about their mental fortitude. That's harder to change. We'll see how Keefe handles this. I turned the game off. That's enough of this ocular catastrophe for today.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
@Devs3cups I have a much shorter leash on this team than last year. They have til December 1st for me. I think by next month we will see a fully cohesive Keefe team.

But if not, I want a big time trade to shake up the core because its been too many years of this

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We miss the playoffs and Fitz has gotta go. I'm not hitting the panic button until we get our full healthy roster.

I will say I don't understand why they kept all these assistant coaches instead of clearing house on that end too. Rogalski included.
The only assistant I'm surprised they kept is Chris Taylor. Just because he was Lindy's guy. I'm not surprised they kept McGill and Sarge.

I am also flabbergasted that Rogalski is still here to poison goalies we didn't have last year.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Really awful game but some of these takes are way too much.

1729644008703.jpeg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
best move we can make is trade dougie ASAP while he still has some value

We would have to pay of offload that contract. And I don't know that it would get the response we would want from these guys. The suck at handling any kind of adversity.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
best move we can make is trade dougie ASAP while he still has some value

He has a NMC. I really don't have an issue moving him this summer and getting no value back for him which I think is the more likely scenario. I don't think you're getting value back for a 9 mil player.

Reactions: John Pedro

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
FIRE LINDY!!!!! Oops wrong year. In all seriousness we can't overreact right now. Give Keefe some time to work with our group. Lindy wasn't a real coach. He let our players do whatever they wanted. Give Keefe time to install a system. There's positives and negatives. The positives (this is a team that actually plays physical and finishes their checks), and is relying more of playing gritty style. That's the type of hockey that wins you cups. At the same time though we lost a huge step when it comes to depth. The McLeod loss is really hurting us. We desperately need another solid top 9 center on this team and asap. Imagine if Nico goes down we're completely f**ked. Hughes isn't playing like a superstar center and is looking more like a superstar winger who will need defensive responsibile players to make up for his deficiencies (which is fine but we don't have any). I also worry about the Pesce contract. I can be wrong but I can see it becoming a hindrance right away. We gave the guy a massive deal & he hasn't even played one game for us yet. That's not good idc about anything else. I do love the Cotter, Noeson additions and Casey will be a stud next year. If I have one thing to critique Fitz on it's his ability to not address the center position. We are bare bones. Soon we're going to have to trade for a 2nd line or an elite 3rd line center and people aren't going to be happy for what we give for one.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
When even you're getting in on the shitting on them the people who aren't should really reevaluate their thinking.
The thing that pisses me off is I KNOW they can be better than this. Our shittiest teams were truly shitty. There are good elements on this team and they should be a good team. For some f***ing reason, they choose not to. They look like absolute crap. Immature play, unfocused, no intensity.

It's f***ing infuriating.

I'm off to watch first round highlights from our 2007 series against TB. The Devils teams from that late 2000's era never won anything but at least they played f***ing good hockey.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The offense has not been impressive at all this year. Is the only game we scored 4 or more non-empty net goals the last game? Is that right? Or was there one more? I know we scored 3 and an empty net in one of the Buffalo games.

The offense has been mediocre.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad