Seravalli: Lafreniere and Rangers working 8-year deal worth more than $8 million AAV

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Overpayment 8M is overwhelming for this guy

Takes like this are a hockey IQ test.

1) Contracts are up.

2) He has excellent even strength production the last two years and just doesn't see PP 1 time. And he's been rapidly improving since the end of last season.

I just looked at the data if you include last season (regular season and playoffs) and so far this season Laf has 34 even strength points in his last 38 games. That's almost half a regular season and that's almost 0.9 even strength points per game. He's been improving in this area exponentially and has a ton of room to grow.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

1) Contracts are up.

2) He has excellent even strength production the last two years and just doesn't see PP 1 time. And he's been rapidly improving since the end of last season.

I just looked at the data if you include last season (regular season and playoffs) and so far this season Laf has 34 even strength points in his last 38 games. That's almost half a regular season and that's almost 0.9 even strength points per game. He's been improving in this area exponentially and has a ton of room to grow.

Give him a break, he's just jealous that despite being a f***ing all-star and getting 50in07 he never made 8m AAV. Poor Dany doesn't get inflation.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Lafreniere will hit jackpot if he's smart enough to get to RFA. Everybody knows Rangers in caphell
He’s on a winning team in NYC. If the Rangers are willing to meet his number, then why wouldn’t he sign? I suppose he could roll the dice on his health and stats with his fingers crossed. Let me guess, this extremely rare scenario will see him signing in Montreal. The Rangers would make cap space before letting him walk out the door.

Reactions: UnSandvich

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He’s on a winning team in NYC. If the Rangers are willing to meet his number, then why wouldn’t he sign? I suppose he could roll the dice on his health and stats with his fingers crossed. Let me guess, this extremely rare scenario will see him signing in Montreal. The Rangers would make cap space before letting him walk out the door.
Lafreniere would be an idiot not to test RFA. Cost him 20+ milliim over next 7 years. Former first overall pick and Rangers in caphell. Many teams be bidding high on him.

Rangers can't match because between him and Sher it be 13-14 million increase. Then they have increases to Miller, Tempe and Chyil. Trouba going no where, he has full NMC and loves NY.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Lafreniere would be an idiot not to test RFA. Cost him 20+ milliim over next 7 years. Former first overall pick and Rangers in caphell. Many teams be bidding high on him.

Rangers can't match because between him and Sher it be 13-14 million increase. Then they have increases to Miller, Tempe and Chyil. Trouba going no where, he has full NMC and loves NY.
You know nothing Hab Snow

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019

You have no idea what youre talking about - just stop.

Reactions: GAGLine

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016

1) Contracts are up.

That’s nice dude. Nice analogy. Good job. Does it f***ing change my opinion? No

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You have no idea what youre talking about - just stop.
Lafreniere is going to get serious overpayment if he gets to RFA. You're the one who doesn't know what to hey talking about. There's nothing with what I said.

Teams will bid high to keep Rangers from matching. They easily give up bunch of late first for former first overall. He will get 10 million all day long, maybe go 12 million.

Rangers have Shesterkin will go for 12 million. That's 14 million in increases in those two alone. Miller, Chytil, Tempe are all up for increases also. You looking at 20 million increase. Trouba they can't move.

• Haha

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Lafreniere is going to get serious overpayment if he gets to RFA. You're the one who doesn't know what to hey talking about. There's nothing with what I said.

Teams will bid high to keep Rangers from matching. They easily give up bunch of late first for former first overall. He will get 10 million all day long, maybe go 12 million.

Rangers have Shesterkin will go for 12 million. That's 14 million in increases in those two alone. Miller, Chytil, Tempe are all up for increases also. You looking at 20 million increase. Trouba they can't move.
These 3 points show you have no idea what your taking about. Rangers are not in cap hell as you seem to think.

Lafreniere will get paid and $8m x 8Y is fair. He will not make it to RFA.

Trouba has a 12-team no trade list next season if required. He didn't leave this year due to his wife having an extra year on her hospital residency. If he is traded next season, it wouldnt be an issue.

Chytil is under contract for the next 2 seasons. Rempe will cost league minimum.

If Trouba leaves, that will give NYR $37m in space. Say Shesty & Laf sign for $20m. That leaves around $17m to sign Miller, Kakko & Cuylle these will cost around $11m-$13m.

Lindgren may be the only questionable player as to whether he is re-signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad