Light the Lamp GMC '15 -Start of 2018-2019 regular season - (Post in PART 7!) Part 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Dude seriously ? You did that all game, you would hold it for 3 seconds then pass Lol just about all your goals were the same thing you held the stick back cradled it and shot and it went bar down. If you have ever played hockey a day in your life you would know that that would never go in the way you did it, you lose all power by taking the stance. Idc if it's in club most of the people in club in my opinion aren't fun to play against because they all go for the glitch goal in the slot that always goes in. I'm in division 2 and it's honestly not that fun anymore even if when i win.

Who cares if he used invincibility or not, there's no rule that says that you can't use the invincibility move. You lost, and believe me, you didn't just lose because he used the invincibility move, you lost because either your team isn't on STL's level or you're just not good enough. Stop blaming losses on invicibility, jesus.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
ok..... stop. I know playoffs get frustrating its 4-7 games in a row vs the same guy and it can be extremely frustrating. Exchange your unhappiness/frustration in a post and turn off the box and go do something else.

Brianpipz

Feb 27, 2014
Who cares if he used invincibility or not, there's no rule that says that you can't use the invincibility move. You lost, and believe me, you didn't just lose because he used the invincibility move, you lost because either your team isn't on STL's level or you're just not good enough. Stop blaming losses on invicibility, jesus.

Lol... Ok

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Lol... Ok

I wish I could say something like STL did, but I didn't make the playoffs and you did, so the only thing I'd have to say about that is congratulations. Sucks for you that you couldn't win the Cup, but you got further than me.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
Bored, someone talk trades with me. I am willing to move just about anyone, besides Mantha.

Notables:
E. Kane 87
Filppula 87
Tatar 86
Fabbri 82 4 yellow
Ehlers 83 4 yellow
Boyle 84
Bouwmeester 87
Tinordi 85
Schenn 85
Howard 85
Visentin 84
Gudas 83

btw, not looking to downgrade for 3rd/4th liners, looking for a different look at positions.

Oswalt1026

Dec 17, 2012
ok..... stop. I know playoffs get frustrating its 4-7 games in a row vs the same guy and it can be extremely frustrating. Exchange your unhappiness/frustration in a post and turn off the box and go do something else.

I played :blues in the series before and I did get frustrated in the last game or two by the "invincibility" move and the roll back shot being used a bit too often for my liking. With that being said, like Hootz said above, playing someone 4-7 times in a row, you start to notice things they go to more often and those things start to stand out more each and every time they are used.

Although there are things that Landy used often, it goes both ways and there were probably things he noticed I used often such as I like to take point shots, go for redirects and rebounds more often than straight snipes. I'm really not a fan of the roll-back or the "invincibility" move, but they are in the game and people are welcome to use them as they see fit until there is a rule put in place. Lastly, I will mention that Landy didn't just use those two moves against me all series, but they were more part of his repertoire.

l Landeskog l

Landy 4 President
Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
I played :blues in the series before and I did get frustrated in the last game or two by the "invincibility" move and the roll back shot being used a bit too often for my liking. With that being said, like Hootz said above, playing someone 4-7 times in a row, you start to notice things they go to more often and those things start to stand out more each and every time they are used.

Although there are things that Landy used often, it goes both ways and there were probably things he noticed I used often such as I like to take point shots, go for redirects and rebounds more often than straight snipes. I'm really not a fan of the roll-back or the "invincibility" move, but they are in the game and people are welcome to use them as they see fit until there is a rule put in place. Lastly, I will mention that Landy didn't just use those two moves against me all series, but they were more part of his repertoire.

Most of the guys who are at the top of the standings do the same thing. Is it our faults? Nope. It's in the game and it works well so why not use it?

Yeah everyone has some sort of go to move. I did notice you like going for low shot rebounds and such. Do I always pull back and protect the puck? No. I do everything. Low shots from the point, clappers, and even dump n chase when it's needed, etc.

Oswalt1026

Dec 17, 2012
Most of the guys who are at the top of the standings do the same thing. Is it our faults? Nope. It's in the game and it works well so why not use it?

Yeah everyone has some sort of go to move. I did notice you like going for low shot rebounds and such. Do I always pull back and protect the puck? No. I do everything. Low shots from the point, clappers, and even dump n chase when it's needed, etc.

Right, exactly my point. You more often took what I gave you. If I didn't pressure and gave you space, you would go for the snipe because I left it there for you. Overall, I felt like our series came down to the difference in talent of us and our overall team talent levels. My team is not quite ready to compete with your team or a few others in the West.

Gustavo Fringquist

Sep 18, 2014
Letang (88 OV) still on the block. Will also listen to offers for Koivu (87 OV), Wiercioch (86 OV, only him OR letang though, keeping 1 of the 2) and Neal (88 OV, unlikely to move but will listen as long as a younger top 6 forward comes back in return around his level/or along with a high pick/prospect)

Jibby95

Mar 22, 2011
:sabres looking to make moves.

Ennis (84)
Larsson (84)
Turris (87)
Bishop (88)

All on the chopping block looking for young NHL forwards on ELCs

Oswalt1026

Dec 17, 2012
:flames have RW Hudler [85] 33YO PLY - Wilson [84] 27YO PWF - D Tanev [83] 28YO DFD - D Smith [82] 28YO TWD - C Backlund [82] 28YO TWF available before the draft.

Looking for 4* prospects or mid-first round pick for Hudler or Wilson (only want to trade one most likely). Tanev late first or 4* prospect, Smith early 2nd rounder or 3.5* prospect, and Backlund mid 2nd rounder or 3.5* prospect. Also willing to package a few for a younger D man with potential around 80 overall or better.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
Just waiting on :ducks :edmonton to finish their series (Ducks up 3-0) and :bolts :bruins to play theres.

:caps and :blues have both advanced to conference finals

I work til 8 pm est tonight, so if these series happen to finish before then, that is when I will sim.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

I play like you play. My snipes are usually a soft goal because of a weak goalie.

I bet I overuse the protect puck feature while cycling but I still don't even know the invincibility move so I don't think I use it.

Boston and I are getting our series in today.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
I play like you play. My snipes are usually a soft goal because of a weak goalie.

I bet I overuse the protect puck feature while cycling but I still don't even know the invincibility move so I don't think I use it.

Boston and I are getting our series in today.

You do. A lot of people do. It's moving the puck to the side and holding it there, your guy just bounces off hits.

Brianpipz

Feb 27, 2014

I'll agree to that, honestly I was just pissed off last night.

Brianpipz

Feb 27, 2014
:stars looking to move Mike Richards 88ovr (C) definitely still elite, 85 faceoffs. Also still listening to offers on Ryann Johansen 4.5Y 87ovr. Remember I don't believe in untouchables anyone can be had for the right price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad