OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hilarious that the critics says ''9/10'' and i watched 3-4 sites people give between 21% to 40% . How sad you gotta buy critics to rate ur woke shows lol.

I even saw an article that the viewers are ruining star wars lmao

Yeah, I’ve seen that also. Like we’re the ones writing this shit.

All these “critics” giving 9/10 are either happy Disney is checking all the boxes and aren’t even Star Wars fans, or they’re lame sites/critics who don’t want to lose their credentials for early access.

I’ve never hid the fact I was a huge MCU fan and I grew up throughout George Lucas’ Star Wars. I dunno WTF I’m watching now for both but they suck.

I thought the first five minutes of The Acolyte was good actually, but it’s been hot trash since. Episode 3 of the show was absolutely terrible and made NO sense in the last 5 minutes. I can’t believe Disney put $180m into this POS.

My last hope really now is Deadpool and Wolverine is good, which would be ironic as it looks to go against all the woke political and social ideologies Disney is pushing so hard in all their other IPs.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I remember listening to Melnick's show on TSN690 either earlier this year or sometime last year and Terry Haig was filling in and was reading the update. While he was doing so Terry's phone rang so Melnick answered it and it was Donald calling Terry. Melnick seemed quite surprised when Terry told him it was actually Donald Sutherland he was talking to.

RIP

• Wow
Reactions: bopeep

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004

I remember listening to Melnick's show on TSN690 either earlier this year or sometime last year and Terry Haig was filling in and was reading the update. While he was doing so Terry's phone rang so Melnick answered it and it was Donald calling Terry. Melnick seemed quite surprised when Terry told him it was actually Donald Sutherland he was talking to.

RIP
Remember that clip, Terry Haig mentioned Donald's wife Francine Racette and the classic film Au Revoir Les Enfants. Was cool back in the day to see Donald sitting in his seat behind the Expos' dugout. He made the film JFK for me. Very sad to hear the news. Rest in peace.

Reactions: Fenris and sheed36

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

RIP
Nooo
He was a good one man.. RIP big guy
0deb99f9cc9357816e40a44a83eb67343ed55ad1.gifv

Reactions: sheed36

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I used to defend Marvel stuff, pretty much anything up to Endgame.

Other than maybe Spider-Man and GoTG, EVERYTHING, both movies and TV has been shit. I thought Star Wars Acolyte was the worst TV from Disney I’ve seen but this new MCU show looks even worse.

It’s a continuation of Wandavision, which was decent. Like, who the heck is this show even for? I won’t get into the whole DEI discussion but this show reaks of it….

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
July...

Time to watch Jaws again. Timeless classic. Have to watch at least once a summer.

For alternative shark movies by the way, I recommend Open Water and The Reef. The Reef has the best shark effects I've seen in movies bar none. Open Water is kind of a mix between Castaway and The Reef. Slower paced, but it stays with you afterwards.

Of course if you want some laughs, there's always Deep Blue Sea or Sharknado.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

I enjoyed most of the Marvel movies with all the original cast playing their parts. It took me back 40 some years to my childhood reading the comics, so they had that sentimental feeling to them. I've missed the last few new ones because I had no attachment to them at all. I'll probably watch this one because it's CA.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I enjoyed most of the Marvel movies with all the original cast playing their parts. It took me back 40 some years to my childhood reading the comics, so they had that sentimental feeling to them. I've missed the last few new ones because I had no attachment to them at all. I'll probably watch this one because it's CA.

At some point, Marvel was hitting everything out of the park. Their last few movies have been hit or miss. I still enjoy them, but they're not as good as when they had their run of back-to-back-to-back hits.

I also enjoy the Disney+ series. Some more than others, of course. But some add an element of understanding to a movie. WandaVision explains where Wanda is in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse. It also serves to explain, along with Ms. Marvel, where some characters are in The Marvels. And this CA: BNW movie, although probably not necessary, will have elements established in the Falcon and Winter Soldier series.

Reactions: Redux91

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I used to defend Marvel stuff, pretty much anything up to Endgame.

Other than maybe Spider-Man and GoTG, EVERYTHING, both movies and TV has been shit. I thought Star Wars Acolyte was the worst TV from Disney I’ve seen but this new MCU show looks even worse.

It’s a continuation of Wandavision, which was decent. Like, who the heck is this show even for? I won’t get into the whole DEI discussion but this show reaks of it….

I'm not an avid fan at all of most of Marvel and Disney's stuff and I would guess you have already watched it, but I still feel its worth to mention that Andor is a pretty damn good Star Wars show!

Currently watching Sovereign's Reign. The visuals are incredible, reminiscent of Moebius comic books. It's not really an anime as far as I'm concerned, so it might interest even those that don't particularly like animes. The show itself is also very good so far, I'm halfway done.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
At some point, Marvel was hitting everything out of the park. Their last few movies have been hit or miss. I still enjoy them, but they're not as good as when they had their run of back-to-back-to-back hits.

I also enjoy the Disney+ series. Some more than others, of course. But some add an element of understanding to a movie. WandaVision explains where Wanda is in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse. It also serves to explain, along with Ms. Marvel, where some characters are in The Marvels. And this CA: BNW movie, although probably not necessary, will have elements established in the Falcon and Winter Soldier series.
I can’t watch any of it and I never enjoyed it. I wish all those super hero movies would go away forever. Just leave, no one will even notice.

Last edited:

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I'm not an avid fan at all of most of Marvel and Disney's stuff and I would guess you have already watched it, but I still feel its worth to mention that Andor is a pretty damn good Star Wars show!

Currently watching Sovereign's Reign. The visuals are incredible, reminiscent of Moebius comic books. It's not really an anime as far as I'm concerned, so it might interest even those that don't particularly like animes. The show itself is also very good so far, I'm halfway done.
Scavenger's Reign? A masterclass in visual storytelling and worldbuilding, trusting the audience to intuit that which the characters, based on their experiences, already know, leveraging the medium of animation to best effect.

It's really quite spectacular in that regard, though I'm only two episodes in.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Scavenger's Reign? A masterclass in visual storytelling and worldbuilding, trusting the audience to intuit that which the characters, based on their experiences, already know, leveraging the medium of animation to best effect.

It's really quite spectacular in that regard, though I'm only two episodes in.
Oups yeah, I butchered that title! :laugh:

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I can’t watch any of it and I never enjoyed it. I wish all those super hero movies would go away for ever. Just leave, no one will even notice.
Don't think most of those films will age well.

Two exceptions for me, the original 'super hero' Douglas Fairbanks and Bruce Lee. They both had incredible screen presence with their athleticism. Jackie Chan is good also but his storylines are often weak.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad