OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ya only praise us like we are gods but don't ask stupid questions lololol.

Sorry lady you are a professionally paid and highly trained athlete stop acting like an amateur with these little pissy twitter comments.
She's spot on. The first question they get asked is what's next at every damn interview especially to the older athletes. It isn't appropriate and it puts them in an uncomfortable spot. Simone is a married woman and asking her what's next is essentially asking her is when are you having kids.

I hope she keeps tweeting because watching people get twisted up in knots over them is awesome to see.

Gold for USA Cycling

Scottie!!!!!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
She's spot on. The first question they get asked is what's next at every damn interview especially to the older athletes. It isn't appropriate and it puts them in an uncomfortable spot. Simone is a married woman and asking her what's next is essentially asking her is when are you having kids.

I hope she keeps tweeting because watching people get twisted up in knots over them is awesome to see.

Gold for USA Cycling

Scottie!!!!!

I don’t think that asking an elite athlete (in any sport) whether or not they plan on coming back for another year is an unfair question.

It happens to all elite athletes when they approach the back end of their careers.

I understand why athletes don’t like answering it, because it forces them to confront the fact that they’re approaching the end of the line, but it’s a fair question to ask.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don’t think that asking an elite athlete (in any sport) whether or not they plan on coming back for another year is an unfair question.

It happens to all elite athletes when they approach the back end of their careers.

I understand why athletes don’t like answering it, because it forces them to confront the fact that they’re approaching the end of the line, but it’s a fair question to ask.
Maybe once but not after every single competition which is likely what she's talking about. She's been asked at least 4x now and I can see why she tweeted what she did.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Unfreakingbelievable. Women's badminton singles Spain vs China. Announcers are going on & on about how the Spaniard suffered 2 devastating knee injuries after winning gold in Rio but you'd never know it now blah blah and doesn't she go down with what looks like another serious knee injury. She was clearly in severe pain.

Announcers: don't jinx athletes like that!!!!!!

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
US gets Gold in the Women's 4x100m Mixed Medley!! They also set the world record!

That's insane. Redemption for him

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I didn’t see the golf but I was aware Rahm was winning by multiple strokes on back 9

I’m assuming you watched

If so how crazy was it and where would it rate if had the entire stage like Masters or US Open

I love Fleetwood so glad he got silver

I’ve got to find this and watch

I’m heading out to a concert with a buddy of mine who works for FSG marketing and owned a golf club tournament product/clothing licensed with PGA

I’m looking to to hear what he says

Sound wild

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ok watching Golf channel

On from 11-4 I’ll tape final round I gotta see this entire round not just highlights

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1722802574161.png

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
This women's indoor volleyball match between Brazil vs Poland is at 36-35 in the second set. Crazy! Back and forth great set!
Oh well 38-36 Brazil they win the match!.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3