OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Am I the only one watching westworld, thinking that the current season is not as good as the previous two seasons ? I find the 3rd season boring so far and i often see myself watching the clock wondering how much time is left before the end of the epi .

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
See, I actually loved The Wire. I have even done a 2nd and 3rd pass. Really enjoyed it.

How many episodes did it take you to get hooked, the first time you watched? What is it about the show that appealed to you?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Am I the only one watching westworld, thinking that the current season is not as good as the previous two seasons ? I find the 3rd season boring so far and i often see myself watching the clock wondering how much time is left before the end of the epi .
I've been closely following the whole series.

Season 3 is a slow burner for sure. The underlying themes and philosophy are what is keeping me engaged thus far. I find the story implications really enthralling.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
How many episodes did it take you to get hooked, the first time you watched? What is it about the show that appealed to you?
Id say about halfway through season one. To me it’s one of the best crime dramas I’ve ever seen. The way it accurately depicts crime, justice and the Politics. I found it tied it altogether rather seamlessly.

The characters development is outstanding imo, by the middle of it you actually feel like you’re living in Baltimore with them. The racial inequalities, the motivations behind the decision making, the locals etc and no really bad throw away seasons that many series have.

Reactions: Runner77

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I agree with everyone on The Wire. Such a great show with some of the best characters ever on TV.

Probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite show of all-time.

1. Band of Brothers
2/3. Breaking Bad/The Wire
It’s one of my favourites for sure. I loved BB too, but couldn’t get into Better Call Saul. I admittedly didn’t give it much of a chance, I found myself bored after 3 or 4 episodes and just haven’t tried again.

I really enjoyed The Handmaid’s Tale too, season 2 was a bit rocky at first, but I found it recovered towards the end, at least enough to make me want to continue.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It’s one of my favourites for sure. I loved BB too, but couldn’t get into Better Call Saul. I admittedly didn’t give it much of a chance, I found myself bored after 3 or 4 episodes and just haven’t tried again.

I really enjoyed The Handmaid’s Tale too, season 2 was a bit rocky at first, but I found it recovered towards the end, at least enough to make me want to continue.

Yeah Better Call Saul took a while to get going. I like it though, been a pretty good show and has gotten better as the seasons go by imo. The current season has probably been my favourite.

It also helps it has two of my favourite characters in it
Mike Ehrmantraut and Gustavo Fring

Reactions: calder candidate

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Apparently Bosch May launch at midnight GMT. I think it is on both Crave and Prime.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Apparently Bosch May launch at midnight GMT. I think it is on both Crave and Prime.
Do you have a source for this info? Everything I've read up to this point mentions midnight EST.

It'd be awesome if you were right and I'm hoping you are.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Brian Dennehy, Tony-winning stage, screen actor, dies at 81

His acting in "To catch a killer" was great, then of course there is that bartender in 10, the cop in FX and in Rambo. RIP!

F/X is such an underrated movie, a solid "guys" movie where two guys quickly basicaly bound over the fact that they are two vets and one played by Brian Brown needs help at some fighting guys. And the character played by Dennehy who he has just met basically goes gun-ho to help the him. Great character and underrated acting by Dennehy.

And you know what he was in Rambo but he always reminded me of the jerk boss in Rambo 2.

Also I always thought he would have made a great Kingpin(Daredevil) in his prime.

R.I.P.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
So it is live and streaming in the US but not here. I'm going to keep checking every hour or so.
It's available to me right now (Prime Video). I originally used our corporate VPN to log in from the US, but it still works for me even without being on it as of 15 or so minutes ago.

Your sources were indeed correct. Bravo!

The crack has been served ladies and gentlemen. See you all on the other side.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Dennehy's a legend, dont care what anyone says. RIP big guy

He's the type of guy you thought died 15 years ago and didnt hear anything about it..because he didnt actually die, until today unfortunately

He'll always be chris farleys dad to me!

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
F/X is such an underrated movie, a solid "guys" movie where two guys quickly basicaly bound over the fact that they are two vets and one played by Brian Brown needs help at some fighting guys. And the character played by Dennehy who he has just met basically goes gun-ho to help the him. Great character and underrated acting by Dennehy.

And you know what he was in Rambo but he always reminded me of the jerk boss in Rambo 2.

Also I always thought he would have made a great Kingpin(Daredevil) in his prime.

R.I.P.

Whatever happened to Bryan Brown btw? He did FX2 as well. Did he go back to Australian TV? I liked both FX movies. I even remember one of the killers. A thin tall guy with gray hair, he was very persistent. One of those guys that goes gray before they are 30. Like Fabrizio Ravanelli, the Italian soccer/football star from the 90s. Now I want to re-watch those 2 movies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Whatever happened to Bryan Brown btw? He did FX2 as well. Did he go back to Australian TV? I liked both FX movies. I even remember one of the killers. A thin tall guy with gray hair, he was very persistent. One of those guys that goes gray before they are 30. Like Fabrizio Ravanelli, the Italian soccer/football star from the 90s. Now I want to re-watch those 2 movies.

Yea I think he went back to Australia. Maybe he never left probably going back and forth between there and the US. I saw a Documentary on Australian movies and he was shown in it and he talked about the importance of the Australian movie industry and he seemed to be pretty involved in it to make it work. So he became a director.

Brown popped up in a few things in the 80s, the TV show Thorned Birds(where he was with his wife the fine Rachel Ward from Against All Odds). Also Cocktail with Tom Cruise as the best friend with a dark past. In seemed like around F/X he was poised to become the next leading man, he was pretty convincing and likeable and a solid all around actor and screen presence to be that but then he disappeared. Same thing happened to his wife Rachel Ward who was in everything and had the makings of a top star but then boom, gone. I'm thinking they were too home stick. lol Both F/X and F/X 2 are good movies and had the potential to be bigger IMO. I think also there was a TV show about it at some point, which make sense, esp. at that time where practical effects reigned king, having a bunch of people using practical effects to use against bad guys write itself, really. It's basically Mission Impossible Redux.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
For anyone interested and who doesn't have Netflix they just released some of their documentaries on their Youtube channel that you can watch for free. Our Planet, Vox's Explained and Knock Down the House plus others. Full playlist of what's available is on the right.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I started watching a new series called Bloodline but I started watching the 10th episode/season final first without knowing realising it. W T F

Then again it makes sense and is a good opener for a new show, if that makes any sense. lol It started after some tragic thing happened and the consequences of what happened. And then I'm gonna go at the beginning at episode 1 and see what lead to the things going there. Which is brilliant in a way. Maybe it was meant to be this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad