OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
there's no but, seriously... a grown man asks you for your very child for the night, how long before you swing ? ?

impossible decision ? come on now...

pretty simple to me, if it's not ok for MJ, then it's no paradox and should be an instant no from the parents, and it should not be ok if the adult is family (like I've read here before).

Not an impossible decision for me heh, and obviously not impossible for you

But for THEM i can see how the whole thing would seem "abnormal but..its showbiz" type deal, "its micheal jackson..surely one of the famous people in the world wouldnt do a thing to our children" and how wrong they were

Maybe "impossible decision" was too stern, but give me a break on it being a resounding SNAP "No" from the family he's been spending a lot of time with. The parents mindset is not "hell yes im gonna put my kid in danger" , their obvious mindset is "im sending my child to the SAFEST place on earth, and his career will take off"

Lol i hate to sound like im defending them because im NOT, im trying to see it from their point of view, because obviously how could someone ever agree to something like this...but 1-2-3 NUMEROUS families and parents jumped, LEAPED for the opportunity for a taste of "the good life"
The kid could of said something the VERY NEXT DAY, and what do you think the parents would of done? "shut up son, we're rich now" ?

Im just trying to say the parents deserve some blame for sure, but not the lions-share..obviously there was something very wrong with MJ..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah.. Leaving Neverland is rough..

Hard to believe they are lying by the end of it all.. id like to believe they are..but i believe more they lied about it NOT happening first... logically

The "no evidence" stuff i can see from peoples perspective, I myself would rather see them attached to lie detector tests as they tell the tales...

but....
I agree. It's tough to believe they're lying, but why? Well, maybe it's because there was absolutely nothing presented to remotely question anything they were saying. This documentary wasn't made to look at both sides of the coin and then conclude. No. It was made with the intent to make MJ look guilty.

this is MULTIPLE stories... multiple people saying these things happened... not even counting the 95 and 2003 accusations.. and all of these stories are morbidly similar...

This one guy in the docu testified FOR MJ's side in 95...meaning the very reason the first case was settled is directly tied to this lie from the very beginning..

So a reason why maybe micheal WAS innocent the first time at all.. is directly tied to this kid lying the first time... why he would be lying about actually being molested NOW doesnt make sense anymore

One has definite reason to think MJ really did all these...unthinkable things.

I view it differently. I don't know why an accused predator would turn put another victim on stand to defend him. Why take that risk? Maybe if he was a kid...you can say he manipulated him, but Robson defended him in front of a jury when he was 21. Not to mention, that's purjery.
Im disgusted by the parents BUT... i can totally see the "impossible" decision, when that fateful moment came for all of them...when micheal asks them for the boy in his room.. if you say "no" you ruin your son's dream... say yes and he gets scarred for life behind your back....its a paradox for them, they couldnt understand the rammifications of such a decision...ESPECIALLY when you have only a couple seconds to decide...

ive spent , weve all spent 20 something years now knowing FULL well micheal invited boys into his bedroom, and weve all spent 20 years blindly thinking "ahhh he never had a childhood i understand.."

UMMMM just stepping back and looking at the whole thing from an outside perspective... the whole thing is 100% absolutely ****ed up... just hearing ANYONE IN THE WORLD saying "uhh is it ok if..your son stays in my bedroom tonight? your guys room is over there".. but why is it OK because its micheal jackson?

Just replaying that sentence over and over in my head just makes me sick to my stomach...

There is no way the parents ever thought MJ was going to abuse their kids.
You can say they were blinded by fame or whatever, but there is no way they believed he would do that. If they did, then I believe that would be a criminal offense as mild way of partaking into this sick demand.

I didn't think it ever crossed their minds anything sexual would happen.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Watched Captain Marvel last night on cinema

(been following the whole movie series and waiting for avengers endgame part2)

Movie was fine , a bit slow paced , not that much SJW , ive seen wors from D.C. character is fine. But compared to the comics i feel like they did not show her true ''form'' .

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
the karate kid: 8/10 mister myagi, the score and the cobra kai coach made it a pretty epic movie.

Triple Frontier: 7/10 decent action movie despite a questionnable ending.

After Life (2019) : 7/10 decent show not really funny but touching

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
All complete 3 seasons of Into the Badlands are on Netflix now.

Good to know. I may need to binge watch the seasons again, especially the third which I didn’t enjoy much (at least with my first viewing).

Movie was fine , a bit slow paced , not that much SJW , ive seen wors from D.C. character is fine. But compared to the comics i feel like they did not show her true ''form'' .

Yeah, I got that feeling also. I get they “nerf” the characters in the movies as overpowered super beings don’t always make for interesting characters on film, but to be honest I left CM a little underwhelmed.

Feige stated she’d be the most powerful being (or hero, forgot the exact words) we’d see in the MCU but I wasn’t really impressed. Still think Thor’s Infinity War and Ragnorok feats are more impressive.

Anyhow, she’d better be full on binary depending on how Endgame plays out.

Reactions: groovejuice

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Good to know. I may need to binge watch the seasons again, especially the third which I didn’t enjoy much (at least with my first viewing).

Yeah, I got that feeling also. I get they “nerf” the characters in the movies as overpowered super beings don’t always make for interesting characters on film, but to be honest I left CM a little underwhelmed.

Feige stated she’d be the most powerful being (or hero, forgot the exact words) we’d see in the MCU but I wasn’t really impressed. Still think Thor’s Infinity War and Ragnorok feats are more impressive.

Anyhow, she’d better be full on binary depending on how Endgame plays out.

Yeah Hulk and Thor sur got ''nerfed'' in those movies. I think if they keep making those movies , at 1 point we will enter the Strong characters and universe wise. Let's all be honest , not everybody can follow all of this.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah Hulk and Thor sur got ''nerfed'' in those movies. I think if they keep making those movies , at 1 point we will enter the Strong characters and universe wise. Let's all be honest , not everybody can follow all of this.
That gets old quick to non-nerds. Its hard to follow too.

Not me though, huhuh, the super strong is the most fun ive had in comics. Death seed sentry, Rune King thor, world breaker hulk. Love it

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
it's very hard to speculate where they'll go after endgame, because as much as people like those movies, making new avengers popular will be very hard without Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk and etc. If you don't just bring them back with different actors, idk how they'll manage to sell new non-x-men characters to be "as important" as those are. There are other interesting characters but they're losing way too much comicbook star power all at once to replace all of them. I fear they'll try to force Captain Marvel, Ant-man, War Machine, Falcon and etc as the new Avengers and that's really uninteresting to me

My hope is that they shift the focus hard on rebooting x-men entirely after Dark Phoenix and leave the Avengers on the side for a while, that's kinda the best solution IMO. Drop the convoluted messy timeline FOX Studios created, drop all of the current cast, they had an up-and-down run but wrap it up and go back to the root of the new x-men.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
it's very hard to speculate where they'll go after endgame, because as much as people like those movies, making new avengers popular will be very hard without Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk and etc. If you don't just bring them back with different actors, idk how they'll manage to sell new non-x-men characters to be "as important" as those are. There are other interesting characters but they're losing way too much comicbook star power all at once to replace all of them. I fear they'll try to force Captain Marvel, Ant-man, War Machine, Falcon and etc as the new Avengers and that's really uninteresting to me

My hope is that they shift the focus hard on rebooting x-men entirely after Dark Phoenix and leave the Avengers on the side for a while, that's kinda the best solution IMO. Drop the convoluted messy timeline FOX Studios created, drop all of the current cast, they had an up-and-down run but wrap it up and go back to the root of the new x-men.
Theres still plenty of crossover stories to go around. World war hulk, Secret wars, Fear itself, house of M, Avengers Dissasembled, Siege, Onsluaght, AvX, War of Kings, Annihilation, Secret invasion, Xmen Schism and my favorite Chaos war.

IMO theyre going to go towards a combination of Secret invasion (I think theres skrulls in CM?) Annihilation, WWH and Siege.

I don't think theres any news about Hemsworth and Downey JR wanting out? Its just Evans.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Theres still plenty of crossover stories to go around. World war hulk, Secret wars, Fear itself, house of M, Avengers Dissasembled, Siege, Onsluaght, AvX, War of Kings, Annihilation, Secret invasion, Xmen Schism and my favorite Chaos war.

IMO theyre going to go towards a combination of Secret invasion (I think theres skrulls in CM?) Annihilation, WWH and Siege.

I don't think theres any news about Hemsworth and Downey JR wanting out? Its just Evans.

It's like half confirmed that 8 of them are leaving, including those guys... And you can't have those crossovers with b-tier Avengers

Also look at this harry-flexing nerd just naming random storylines to look cool, I read comic books to you dweeb

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's like half confirmed that 8 of them are leaving, including those guys... And you can't have those crossovers with b-tier Avengers

Also look at this harry-flexing nerd just naming random storylines to look cool, I read comic books to you dweeb
But it doesnt mean it Hemsworth and co, no?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Annihilation would be incredibly cinematic and I think can really open the doors to cosmic Marvel. On a side note, I caught up on some nerd news and see Gunn is BACK with Marvel and is on board for GoTG 3.

Skrulls are indeed in CM, and there’s a theory I mentioned (not my theory) a couple pages back that the secret invasion may have started already.

Reactions: Runner77

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
But it doesnt mean it Hemsworth and co, no?
His contract is up, same with scarjo, Ruffalo, RDJ and etc

Idk man if you read up on it, I wouldn't put much money on them coming back. That's why I'd rather them build up the X-Men instead. Blank slate that could potentially lead to an Avengers soft reboot to include them in a crossover years from now or something

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was watching Judd Apatow on Conan last week talking about Crashing. Season 3 will be the last season.

I didn't follow it but the premise looks interesting:

The semi-autobiographical show follows Pete (Pete Holmes) as he tries to become a stand-up comedian after his wife cheats on him and he's left with nothing else. When Pete hits rock bottom, he decides to follow his dreams of becoming a comedian, and tries his best at stand-up shows; however, he's not as talented as he would like to think, and it's only with the help of other famous comedians that he's able to learn the ropes. Among others, Artie Lange and T.J. Miller, playing fictional versions of themselves, teach him how to be spontaneous, irreverent and careless, helping Pete shed his old self and take on a new persona.

Reviews are positive. Wondering if anyone can provide a review?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I look at Into the Badlands like a future distopian, kung fu version of GOT.

It doesn't have the intricacies of GOT, but there is some depth to it and the characters are quite memorable. Lots of villains and a handful of heroes. Full of political intrigue and some beautifully choreographed fight scenes.

As I mentioned, it's not at the tier of GOT, but it is excellent. If possible, watch the previous seasons first.

On the heels of this post, I took the plunge with Into the Badlands and have been pleasantly surprised so far.

I would echo the contents of the above but add that the fact that it's less intricate story doesn't make less appealing. As in GoT however, don't like anyone too much, they may not be around for long.

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I agree. It's tough to believe they're lying, but why? Well, maybe it's because there was absolutely nothing presented to remotely question anything they were saying. This documentary wasn't made to look at both sides of the coin and then conclude. No. It was made with the intent to make MJ look guilty.

I view it differently. I don't know why an accused predator would turn put another victim on stand to defend him. Why take that risk? Maybe if he was a kid...you can say he manipulated him, but Robson defended him in front of a jury when he was 21. Not to mention, that's purjery.

There is no way the parents ever thought MJ was going to abuse their kids.
You can say they were blinded by fame or whatever, but there is no way they believed he would do that. If they did, then I believe that would be a criminal offense as mild way of partaking into this sick demand.

I didn't think it ever crossed their minds anything sexual would happen.

I would like to see the Jackson estate put out their rebuttal in the form of a 4 hour movie. I bet you some reverse their opinion. Pretty easy to make allegations towards a man who is not around to defend himself. In 2013 these 2 were looking for money from the estate and found out they weren't able to sue because they waited too long. Now they can't just reverse what they said in 2013, it would be criminal for them to admit they were lying back in 2013 to get money. Be nice to hear both sides imo.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I would like to see the Jackson estate put out their rebuttal in the form of a 4 hour movie. I bet you some reverse their opinion. Pretty easy to make allegations towards a man who is not around to defend himself. In 2013 these 2 were looking for money from the estate and found out they weren't able to sue because they waited too long. Now they can't just reverse what they said in 2013, it would be criminal for them to admit they were lying back in 2013 to get money. Be nice to hear both sides imo.
Ya..I mean..I wouldn't be surprised if MJ did stuff with those kids. Not like it would be a difficult thing to believe. I would have given them more credit and been more open to it had they presented things about those guys.
Why didn't they bring up the previous lawsuits? Why not address their financial situations? Why not let Robson explain why he went as far as to dedicate an entire episode on his personal show about MJ?..Why constantly participate in honor shows about MJ? Why did they perjur themselves? Why do this now, when he's dead, and nobody to counter?...

Had they looked at those things, it would have made the documentary look a lot less biased and way more objective.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Triple Frontier: 5/10

I thought it was a bit boring and the plot could’ve been great instead I thought it was rather dull and overacted.

Instant Family: 7.5/10

A nice feel good comedy, I was surprised as my wife wanted to watch it and it had Markey mark so I gave in. Was pleasantly surprised. The fact that my wife’s father was
Adopted probably helped.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
So theres quotes on the internet that hint at Hemsworth wanting to resign a deal. Bask you know nothing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just going with the assumption pretty much everyone out there has, if it's just Cap I guess it's fine.

but I would still like for them to take a break from the avengers and build up the X-Men rather than go straight into Secret Invasion or something big. The reason IW and End Game work so well is because they've literally been building this thing for 20 movies... gimme another slow burn.

I've been watching all the x-men movies after watching all the MCU, Logan was really good but everything else is... meh at best

I JUST WANT THE X-MEN TO BE GOOD DAMNIT GIMME MY X-MEN

WHY DOES MYSTIQUE HAVE EVERY POWER EVER

THEY RUINED JEAN GREY

>:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad