Post-Game Talk: Les Canadiens de Montreal vs Ottawa Senators 7:30pm [Chabot 6 Point Game Edition]

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Looks like the Habs are putting all of their rookies/scrubs in the lineup tonight(Tatar being the best player in there).

Not going to be a very competitive game imo, so I do expect our forwards to score a bunch. It would be disappointing otherwise.
Well that didn’t go as planned.

Just pre-season, so no big deal.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
It’s the preseason. Relax.

Remember 22 goals as a teenager last year?

I assure you, my comment was not based on this one game. With that said, you are correct and he is still young and should improve because he is definitely the type of player this team has missed for quite some time. However, I doubt one can argue that many of his 22 goals were last season were one for the highlights which is why my comment referred to drafting "skill" and was not meant to imply that Tkachuk was not a good choice.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Beauty set up from Batherson to Pageau. Let the Drake ****. Get him on the top line.

He sees the ice so well, playing with Duclair and Pageau is going to limit him. Neither player thinks the game close to the level that he does.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
He sees the ice so well, playing with Duclair and Pageau is going to limit him.

Are you suggesting that Duclair and Pageau are not offensive players? They may not be top 3 but they both have top 6 capabilities and both have shown offensive upside in the past. Great offensive players, if Batherson is one, can make average offensive players appear better than they are so with some time and chemistry, I could see that line having success.

Reactions: SensFactor

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I assure you, my comment was not based on this one game. With that said, you are correct and he is still young and should improve because he is definitely the type of player this team has missed for quite some time. However, I doubt one can argue that many of his 22 goals were last season were one for the highlights which is why my comment referred to drafting "skill" and was not meant to imply that Tkachuk was not a good choice.

A player like Tkachuk is much rarer than a highlight or top goalscorer. I value both, but I love Tkachuk’s style. Just wait until he is in his mid 20s and having his way with opposing defenders. Loved the pick the second it was made. We can get the goalscorer at the next draft.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Preseason is pretty meaningless.

That said, the kids need to show more fire. There's spots out there up for grab....not too many opportunities to make it in the NHL, can't piss away this training camp thinking the spot is going to be gifted to you.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What a pathetic display from most of the rookies looking for a roster spot, and against a very mediocre lineup on the other side. Not looking good.

I mean so many on here are insistent that we need another two or three top picks to be any good.

This seems to be par for the course: the Senators are the worst team in the NHL at the moment.

Reactions: Bileur and Cosmix

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I wanna see each one of Batherson/Duclair/Veronneau on RW opposite Tkachuk and White for a spell. Very impressed with Veronneau so far. Excellent touch with the puck overall. Batherson needs guys that operate more down low for, and could provide some sustained pressure. Duclair would at least help them break into the zone and get to pucks faster. Brown is a useful player but I don’t think he’s the answer on that line. Could be wrong though. It’s only been two games. I’d rather him as part of a checking tandem with Pageau at some point.

Reactions: Slack and gab6511

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The most interesting part of the Tv broadcast tonight was . . .
Bruce Garrioch’s comments on the Senators negotiations with Chabot. He said something like “ The Senators made it clear to Chabot’s Agent that they were not going to offer or negotiate any signing bonuses, and therefore don’t bother to ask for them”.

That perhaps sheds some light on the past negotiations with Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, etc.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Zaitsev looked good the shifts I saw, big and solid and moving around well

He’s a major Ceci upgrade. I don’t care what anyone says to the contrary. Not the greatest hands by any means, but I saw him break up a lot of plays well. Definitely mobile and well positioned too. Even displayed some physicality. Short passes, simple plays, and he’ll be fine.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad