Prospect Info: Leon Draisaitl: Memorial Cup MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's 6'1.. Wide frame.

Definitely not 6'4

Draisaitl also has a wide wingspan. Ekblad was 6'4 at the combine but had the same wingspan as Draisaitl. People use Kopitar as a comparison for Draisaitl and I think that still applies even with the height difference. Height is overrated as a physical stat.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Draisaitl also has a wide wingspan. Ekblad was 6'4 at the combine but had the same wingspan as Draisaitl. People use Kopitar as a comparison for Draisaitl and I think that still applies even with the height difference. Height is overrated as a physical stat.

Agreed, height is fairly overrated. Arm length, leg length, how a person is built, along with a host of other factors are also important factors to a person's size.

People also over-simplify/generalize weight listings as well. Malkin at 200, and Hossa at 207 are some of the strongest players in the game.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton

But JFJ was a sure fire prospect :sarcasm:

Lets go Leon! I'm not sure they can pull it off against Oshawa unless they're firing on all cylinders - which means an out-of-his-head performance from LD. Kelowna D has been underwhelming to say the least.

ivanthebad*

If Drai wins tonite and is named MVP, can we assume he starts the season in the NHL?

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
His skating?

Nah, he just needs to learn how to read the game a lot better if he's going to be successful at the NHL level. He's a great player, but if he moves to the NHL next season it'll be too soon. Some AHL time to adjust to a system and to round out his game will do wonders for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad