Prospect Info: Leon Draisaitl: Memorial Cup MVP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
It's incredible how much trash Leaf fans are throwing at LD on the mains. Every thread I see them in they're just insulting everyone, and wondering why so many people hate them.

Gr8one

Mar 3, 2008
Calgary
It's incredible how much trash Leaf fans are throwing at LD on the mains. Every thread I see them in they're just insulting everyone, and wondering why so many people hate them.

It's due to some posters likely being defensive of their 2014 1st rounder Nylander due to some prospect polls, which has most posters ranking Drai above Willy (rightly so, although he's looking like a decent prospect himself). Also some leafs posters have felt the need to hate anything related to the Oilers since the McLottery.

It's mostly jealousy and ignorance, I suggest adding anyone and everyone on the main boards to your ignore list, so many clueless posters frequent there.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I honestly wonder how much of it is because they don't get to see him regularly since he's not in the OHL? Either way there's a ton of ignorance about our team on the mains coupled with strong group think opinions that are based on hearsay and BS.

Regardless I can say that I am thrilled that we don't have to worry about having to pick between Strome and Marner if Hanifin is off the board when we'd pick. In the meantime we can all sit back and listen to people saying that Strome >> Draisaitl and that Draisaitl would be lucky to be a top 10 pick in this draft, etc. and laugh our ***** off. :popcorn: :laugh:

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I wouldn't be surprized if Drai has a monster game tomorrow and walks away with MVP.

sWNB3Mn.jpg

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I honestly wonder how much of it is because they don't get to see him regularly since he's not in the OHL? Either way there's a ton of ignorance about our team on the mains coupled with strong group think opinions that are based on hearsay and BS.

Regardless I can say that I am thrilled that we don't have to worry about having to pick between Strome and Marner if Hanifin is off the board when we'd pick. In the meantime we can all sit back and listen to people saying that Strome >> Draisaitl and that Draisaitl would be lucky to be a top 10 pick in this draft, etc. and laugh our ***** off. :popcorn: :laugh:

A lot of fans out east say that they watch western teams but I just don't buy it. Even as a diehard Oiler fan the games are very late so without a pvr it would be tough for me to watch what I do. And I almost never watch Pacific conference teams unless they are playing the Oilers despite my interest in the division. And that is the NHL.

To watch much of the WHL you not only have to be a night owl but you have to work to watch the games. A team like PA for example would never have any presence out here. I would likely have known almost nothing about LD if he had not looked so good with Rieder at the WJHC's as a 16 year old.

In contrast if you have Roger's Super Sports Pak you get the OHL package for free. SO it is easy for me to watch a fair bit of OHL action. I pvr games with teams I want to follow and then go through say half or so in about 45 minutes.

Media coverage is also very different. In Edmonton there is about 10 times more coverage of the Eastern hockey at all levels than there is of the West out here.

Last edited:

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Hey guys I was at my local hockey shop getting my skates sharpened today and overheard the guys talking about Leon Drasaitl and they were saying he is 6'4" 235 lbs.. I told them no he is more like 6'1" 210lbs. I showed them on my phone and they still didn't believe me. I said "no i'm pretty sure he's Bo Horvat size and they said "no Horvat is not big at all" anyways I can't find anywhere on the internet that says Leon is 6'4" so are they just full of ****? Or is he bigger than 6'1"?

I'm not knocking him I think he's going to be your 2C for a lot of years and I'm a big fan of his just wouldn't mind some confirmation on his size

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Hey guys I was at my local hockey shop getting my skates sharpened today and overheard the guys talking about Leon Drasaitl and they were saying he is 6'4" 235 lbs.. I told them no he is more like 6'1" 210lbs. I showed them on my phone and they still didn't believe me. I said "no i'm pretty sure he's Bo Horvat size and they said "no Horvat is not big at all" anyways I can't find anywhere on the internet that says Leon is 6'4" so are they just full of ****? Or is he bigger than 6'1"?

I'm not knocking him I think he's going to be your 2C for a lot of years and I'm a big fan of his just wouldn't mind some confirmation on his size

being only 19, it's possibly he's grown an inch, up to 6'2". but, no, not 6'4".

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I think that he's closer to 6'2" than 6'1" but he is most definitely not 6'4" tall.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Ya I thought so thanks guys. I'm super jealous of your team and I hate you all for it ))) Next year I'll be for sure watching lots of Oiler games because no matter how jealous I am I'm a hug fan of talent which you guys have an abundance of

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Bo Horvat - lol

Thanks for clarifying that Draisaitl is similar size to Nuck Jesus.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

He's definitely not 6'4. He's officially listed at 6'1. Oilers fans like to overrate their prospects attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad