Prospect Info: Leon Draisaitl: Memorial Cup MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
"Passing too much" :shakehead

Not Leon's fault his teammates can't finish.

Hook on the arm/hand I thought.

I will admit this is not Drai's best game but he has been far from bad and if his teammates could finish some of his gifts Shannon would be calling him a hero.

Just something I noticed but Draisaitl needs to work his way to the front of the net after he sets the guys up in the slot, there has been 3/4 occasions this game where the rebound or block shot was just a couple feet ahead of him and he could have tapped into a empty net but he worked his way more to the side of the net corner after feeding the puck. I am sure this will come with experience but it will for sure help with his goal production moving forward.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Ya I'm not sure how you can give Draisaitl a hard time for the passes he's made.

They've consistently put his teammates into a better position to score than he was.

Brokenhead

Feb 8, 2012
Edmonton, AB
That's SN for you.

Bunch of dumb-dumbs pretending to know what they're talking about.

Nuge is a 3rd line centre anyone?

It was really obvious last year at the Memorial cup that they knew nothing about the Oil Kings. Most of us knew going into the final that Guelph was vunerable and that the Oil Kings had been through an absolute war with Portland already. They were all positive that Guelph was going to win. I loved watching them struggling for words after Edmonton crushed them in the final.

ivanthebad*

That pp pass/open net was sick. That was a gift that buddy missed. When Kel lost to Osh last game they missed a ton of these also. :shakehead

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
"Passing too much"

Not sure what else they want Leon to do there. His teammates can't finish.

Hook on the arm/hand I thought.

well, let's not forget that the last time Shannon targeted Draisaitl during intermission; was for his skating...the next period Drai blew by Goat for a shorty, end to end, mind.
Hopefully the sequence continues....Leon comes big in the 3rd and taeks it upon himself to win the game for the Rockets!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I really don't want to see Leon in the NHL next year. I want him to be a center. If he's ready to play a top 6 role as a center and I mean REALLY ready, maybe you trade Hopkins.

I love Hopkins, but Leon looks like he's got the tools and the full package to turn into a more complete hockey player. Hopkins will always have more value than him.

Who knows. Maybe Hopkins gets traded before the 16/17 season and we go with Leon and Mcdavid at center. If you give Leon a few decent snipers he's going to put up a ton of points and he's been so good on faceoffs in the CHL this year.

Lets not go crazy here.

Leon still has a long way to go if he wants to be a consistent top 6 NHL player. He doesn't move his feet enough, has weak acceleration and plays way too much on the perimeter.
There's no way that they can or should trade RNH in the next 2 seasons. I think some of you are getting too caught up in his performance against kids and to be honest, he has struggled against the most pro type of team in Oshawa.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So just more confirmation Cox is the biggest idiot on the face of the planet, then.
It's not just fans that notice Cox has no idea what he's talking about. Dustin Nielson from TSN 1260 chirped him on Twitter last year ("it was cute watching you try and talk about prospects"). :laugh:

At the drop of the hat John Shannon went from television producer to hockey analyst, because Sportsnet.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Lets not go crazy here.

Leon still has a long way to go if he wants to be a consistent top 6 NHL player. He doesn't move his feet enough, has weak acceleration and plays way too much on the perimeter.
There's no way that they can or should trade RNH in the next 2 seasons. I think some of you are getting too caught up in his performance against kids and to be honest, he has struggled against the most pro type of team in Oshawa.

Agree, I think some people forgot that at the stage of Nuge's career that Drai is at now he was dominating the NHL as a rookie putting up over .83PPG.

Personally I don't ever see Draisaitl closing the gap, either keep all 3 or let Drai build his value for the next year or two and move him then unless someone offers up Jones or something.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Lets not go crazy here.

I agree with you. Hopefully the Lowe/MacT way of doing things is over and players have to actually earn a spot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad