Proposal: Leon Draisaitl For Ryan Ellis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I'm sure Hall had more value to most teams, but I think given Chiarelli's history of building with size and good centers, he viewed Hall as more expendable than Draisaitl.

I keep the 3 centre man as we have young dmen that will be top 4 in a few years in Nurse and Reinhart
I am fine with
Klefbom, Larsson
Sekera, Fayne

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
NAS fans say fair because of Hall deal, EDM already over paid for one dman so they are not going to do it again. I would just sign Wiz cheap for one year and call it an off season for EDM and see how the team plays
Lucic, McD, Eberle
Pouliot, RNH, Puljujarvi
Maroon, LD, Yak
Kaissan, Let, Hendricks
Pak, Lander

Klefbom, Larsson
Sekera, Fayne
Davidson, Wiz

Talbot, Gust
Big question is can we stay healthy for once

That's just it, we needed a top pairing guy and we got one at a value contract who is RH and just so happens to be a fellow countryman to our best defenseman Klefbom.

We could roll with what we have and it'd still be a vast improvement on last season on the blueline. Trading Drai or RNH for Ellis would be an overpayment on our parts again. Ideally we land someone like Barrie for a combination of assets similar to the ROR trade or we make a play or two for lesser players like signing Wiz for cheap and acquiring a guy like Ryan Murphy on the cheap and hoping that one of them fills the PP role admirably until we can find a long term solution.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's definitely the type of overpayment we'd need to consider moving Ellis, but it's still not enough for Edmonton, and Nashville doesn't have any one to replace Ellis.

Are you sure about that? You guys are a defenseman factory! It's amazing how many quality D that you guys have pumped out over the last decade +.

I know that some teams favor drafting heavy on D and after the Hall trade that is something that I hope that our management does at least for the next 2-3 drafts.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
NAS fans say fair because of Hall deal, EDM already over paid for one dman so they are not going to do it again. I would just sign Wiz cheap for one year and call it an off season for EDM and see how the team plays
Lucic, McD, Eberle
Pouliot, RNH, Puljujarvi
Maroon, LD, Yak
Kaissan, Let, Hendricks
Pak, Lander

Klefbom, Larsson
Sekera, Fayne
Davidson, Wiz

Talbot, Gust
Big question is can we stay healthy for once

This is false. NSH isn't saying it is fair, they are saying it would take an overpayment for this due to the fact it would make our defense similar to the Oilers (having rookies or absolutely terrible defensemen on the 2nd pairing). Jones was this team's defensive tradebait to land a forward. Now we have cashed in that chip and have zero left.

Further, Doing this deal would force this team to pull an Edmonton and rush a prospect. And Edmonton fans know how that works.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Ellis is no slouch, kid can play. Unfortunately he had Josi Weber Jones ahead of him for past few seasons. His size isn't an issue either because he has proven it during big games against big teams. Ellis for Drai isn't a bad offer at all considering what defenseman are going for these days.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Are you sure about that? You guys are a defenseman factory! It's amazing how many quality D that you guys have pumped out over the last decade +.

I know that some teams favor drafting heavy on D and after the Hall trade that is something that I hope that our management does at least for the next 2-3 drafts.

Yes we are sure. The only one who was close to being ready in the NHL just bolted for Europe.

Pretty much all others are in Juniors at this point. Heck, we didn't sign Yannick Weber and Matt Irwin because we have depth.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Drai is a such a stud. Paryenko for Drai makes the most sense and both have similar upside. Still can't believe Reinhert was drafted ahead of him.

Parayko isn't going anywhere. Draisaitl is good, but why move a young stud defenseman with his game? If Edmonton fans are pretty much all in favor, that means it's a bad deal for you.

Mashed Potatoes

Feb 14, 2015
Ellis is no slouch, kid can play. Unfortunately he had Josi Weber Jones ahead of him for past few seasons. His size isn't an issue either because he has proven it during big games against big teams. Ellis for Drai isn't a bad offer at all considering what defenseman are going for these days.

Your basing that on the Hall-Larsson Deal?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Parayko isn't going anywhere. Draisaitl is good, but why move a young stud defenseman with his game? If Edmonton fans are pretty much all in favor, that means it's a bad deal for you.

Im not. Parayko is a good defender but Draisaitl is a 20 year old hulking center with an unusual high hockey IQ whom has already put up 50 points in less than a full 2015-16 season.

Those do not grow on trees in any universe. No way we deal something like that.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
If they don't want Barrie for Drai then they wont like Ellis either

Earlier in the year i offered Eberle for Ellis + and my fellow Oiler fans told me it wasnt near enough for Jordan.

Now they want Draisatl for him? Forget Ellis. I say we roll with what we have for now.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I find this interesting since Nashville have 5 D worth protecting and 3 or 4 protection slots.

5 D worth protecting? Who's number 5? I cringe and pray at our 5/6/7 guys when they touch the ice they are that bad.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Earlier in the year i offered Eberle for Ellis + and my fellow Oiler fans told me it wasnt near enough for Jordan.

Now they want Draisatl for him? Forget Ellis. I say we roll with what we have for now.

^we may just do that or continue to try and trade for another d-man or perhaps even offer sheet a d-man? :sarcasm:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I find this interesting since Nashville have 5 D worth protecting and 3 or 4 protection slots.

The only D-men that we have that would be subject to the expansion draft are Subban, Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, Bitetto, Granberg and Irwin.

Who is the fifth worth protecting?

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
Parayko is for drasital is fair but after seeing Larson for hall I think drasital edm 2017 first for Parayko and lethera would be better just because Parayko is better younger and cheaper than Larson and he has way more potential and your gm said hall is second most valuable piece it would be fair and you would be getting a good third line center back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad