News Article: Leblanc's struggles in Hamilton

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Is that what you post each time a Quebec based media writes an article about someone born in Quebec?

This is a weir phenomenon... I am not targeting you personally here but, take me for instance: I vigorously defended Markov, Plekanec, Gionta, Subban... and no one accused me of being pro Russian, pro Czech, pro American or pro Canadian. However each times I praise a guy from Quebec, I will get a similar response than yours.

Weird phenomenon. Not offensive or anything.
Just plain weird.

Je ne comprends pas trop le rapport vu que je suis francophone !! But if you insist i have NOT like the Leblanc pick since day 1, the only reason was of him beong Quebecois and the draft being in mTL, RDS would have shut done from the riot.

Well I lol'd. Well played, Yourbuddy :handclap:

Gourou

Jan 5, 2013
This situation is total BS or overblown. There's no credible source who has picked up the story, and some denied it (Ciccone and Gagnon). If it was true there would be a lot more talk about it. He's injured, he's having an off year but no way he's the scapegoat of all the habs org. There's too much incoherence with that story. Remember the breaking news of habs player being arrested at the airport for a mafia story? I think people should understand the amount of bs coming out of quebec medias sometimes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Still has more credibility than the author of the article.

It could also be damage control. Let say it the Filosa story is true. Is that the best thing that can happen to see that news out? Won't it be harsher on Leblanc that way? So the only think left is to say that it's completely false. Yet, we have no idea exactly what Leblanc said. Seems to say that he doesn't feel humiliated....but if that's all, it doesn't mean that he feels tons of confidence from them and don't believe he's not in the plans anymore. Anyway, like I said before, there has to be alittle bit of everything. Lefebvre might not be the greatest coach in the planet, but I would doubt he's the stupidest of them all.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It could also be damage control. Let say it the Filosa story is true. Is that the best thing that can happen to see that news out? Won't it be harsher on Leblanc that way? So the only think left is to say that it's completely false. Yet, we have no idea exactly what Leblanc said. Seems to say that he doesn't feel humiliated....but if that's all, it doesn't mean that he feels tons of confidence from them and don't believe he's not in the plans anymore. Anyway, like I said before, there has to be alittle bit of everything. Lefebvre might not be the greatest coach in the planet, but I would doubt he's the stupidest of them all.

I call mostly BS on the story, specifically no other media person has picked up on the story. That means they made calls and were assured it was best an embellishment at worst a fabrication.

Also Louis is represented by Pat Brisson. Does anyone think Brisson would let this occur?

Darch

Jun 30, 2009
Only reason Leblanc was drafted is because the Habs felt they had to get a French guy. The probably could have picked him up in 2nd round... What a waste of a pick that was!

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
So basically given statements by Leblanc himself this entire article was basically a fabrication. Who does this clown Filosa work for exactly and how is it that he can get away with this filth?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Only reason Leblanc was drafted is because the Habs felt they had to get a French guy. The probably could have picked him up in 2nd round... What a waste of a pick that was!

Oh I wish Chezz was still here.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

This is total nonsense and part of the bi-polarity of Habs fans. It's either we don't draft french players or he was only drafted because he's a french guy. Played 42 games in the NHL as a rookie. Do you think he suddenly forgot to play? Before declaring a prospect a bust - how about we give them 3-4 years of being a pro.

This would be a good time yeah. They all seem to come up from nowhere these days.

Old habits die hard.

68*

There was a photo taken of Trevor Timmins' sheet by RDS during the draft and if I remember correctly there were a lot of players on the list before Leblanc's name (they were drafted, so unavailable). The next IIRC, after Leblanc, was Jordan Schroeder, a manlet. Kadri was in a category called "acceptable". Leblanc was not drafted because he's from QC.

Davebo*

So basically given statements by Leblanc himself this entire article was basically a fabrication. Who does this clown Filosa work for exactly and how is it that he can get away with this filth?

It sure raised hackles around here. I'm glad to see it's all BS - I wasn't impressed with Leblanc if it wasn't.

Hang in there Louis! :)

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Anyways, we'll know more on Thursday I guess. The thing that gets to me with this report is that Filosa never got the organisation's point of view. And his interview is full of innuendos (i.e. the Brisebois thing). Shouldn't be tolerated.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I seriously don't understand how Filosa can get away with that. If this were the states he'd be sued for slander. Just brutal.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
This is either the darkest day in Habs history or just sensationalist drivel from a boxing aficionado

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Between an invalid article and the entire truth, there's probably something here. I doubt Filosa could write such things without having a clue (and I don't like how he's trying so hard to be controversial in general).

Maybe Leblanc is struggling to adapt to the AHL, but I doubt this is news worthy since it's pretty common for prospects.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

I totally disagree, and I am someone who ALWAYS wants to draft BPA. Leblanc was BPA at the time, or at least can easily have been seen as that. This was NOT an off the chart pick, not at all.

And you know what? He will be an NHL player, solid. To have got .25 ppg last year without PP time as a 20 year old in the NHL, that is quite promising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad