GDT: leaves @ COLORADO AVALANCHE - 2/24/24 - 5PM MT

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This will be a good test for the Avs in the 3rd. They will face this a few times in the playoffs.

Do they stay positive and calm, knowing they were the better team for most of this game? Do they stick to the details of their system, and make a big push, finish their chances, and win this game?

Or do they squeeze their stick, start to panic, get frustrated, get away from their system, chase the game, make more mistakes, and give up more goals and lose?

When they won the Cup, they knew how to do this almost every game. Question is, dp they remember?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Im ok with CMac doing nothing again this deadline if Fourgiev is the starter. This team can add Sid and they still be first round exit because they have no goalie.
Punt on this season until Nuke is back and stable. Avs can’t and won’t win anything without him.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The team just seems broken, they’ve gone on win streaks when either Makar or MacKinnon are in god mode, otherwise they look pretty terrible
They badly need a 2nd line. Right now it’s Mack’s line then a 3rd line which is trying to be a 2nd line, then we don’t really have a 3rd line because RyJo is on it, and a 4th line which also needs an upgrade. Can’t really win much that way

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
This will be a good test for the Avs in the 3rd. They will face this a few times in the playoffs.

Do they stay positive and calm, knowing they were the better team for most of this game? Do they stick to the details of their system, and make a big push and win this game?

Or do their start to panic, get away from their system, chase the game, make more mistakes, and give up more goals and lose?

When they won the Cup, they knew how to do this almost every game. Question is, dp they remember?
They remember but they dont have the horses to get it done.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
I'm so sick of hearing about how we've scored the most 3rd period goals. Altitude brings it up every game.
Kinda how like Moser would bring up the number of short handed goals everytime we went on the PK. Yeah, he hasn't done that lately.

Reactions: sethro109

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I wonder which Avs forwards are going to blow their high danger chances in the 3rd.

It’s a certainty Colton will. Wood too. Probably LOC, Rants and Drouin.

That’s 5. Add in two more from other scrub forwards and Geo lets in another stinker.

We lose 2-5 on the empty netter.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They remember but they dont have the horses to get it done.

I think they do. Especially if they get Val back. How sorely is he missed in a game like this?

All I can think about is how many goals he kept scoring in front of the net on rebounds or deflections right before he left.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I wonder which Avs forwards are going to blow their high danger chances in the 3rd.

It’s a certainty Colton will. Wood too. Probably LOC, Rants and Drouin.

That’s 5. Add in two more from other scrub forwards and Geo lets in another stinker.

We lose 2-5 on the empty netter.
Makar can't finish shit lately. He's probably a safe bet.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Wood and Colton suck defensively. Why sign these two if they can’t PK or back check.

Wood looking like an idiot on the 2nd goal. Weak back check.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Is there a defensive metric that only shows how good they are defending the cycle? I have a feeling that Makar and Toews' numbers wouldn't be so hot.
Right? And even if they are, who cares? They are clearly struggling, along with the team as a whole, retrieving the puck and relieving pressure when a team gets cycling on them.

Reactions: sethro109

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Somewhat surprising that Marner has more points in his Leaf career than Matthews considering one has always been hyped up to high heavens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad