Proposal: Leafs/Wings big deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Dude, chill. I'm a Finn and I love the way Saarijärvi plays. Of course I know that both Gardiner and DeKeyser are better and Saarijärvi might never even make it, but if that bothers you so much, it's honestly your own problem.

And I guess I hate many other teams as well, if not worshipping every Leafs player makes me a hater.

[MOD] the recent auston matthews thread had exactly 1 person thinking it was a good deal for the leafs. guess who it was?

I'd be willing to bet everything I have Saarijarvi does not end up being the best player in this deal. leafs have no interest in moving Gardiner, which would be a lateral move in the best scenario

Last edited by a moderator:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
[MOD]. the recent auston matthews thread had exactly 1 person thinking it was a good deal for the leafs. guess who it was?

I'd be willing to bet everything I have Saarijarvi does not end up being the best player in this deal. leafs have no interest in moving Gardiner, which would be a lateral move in the best scenario

Not me. Nice argument right there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Just so we're all aware...those "bluechip" prospects are ranked something like 7th and 16th on the wings board prospect rankings...and their prospect pool isent even that good.

I'll keep the one legitimate prospect (kapanen) over 2 randoms lol.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Lateral move for both teams. I don't see why either team would do this.

Value isn't that far off, I think Gardiner and DeKeyser have different skillsets but their values are similar. As for the 3 "blue chip prospects", Kapanen has more potential and a higher ceiling than the other two so you would have to switch prospects to make it fair.

Leafs and Wings have the same needs of upgrading their top 4 so I don't think they make good trading partners

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Big deal as in two potential #1 defenders and 3 blue chip prospects getting dealt

I think all of the pieces in this trade are being overvalued. Neither Dekeyser nor Gardiner are #1 D's and I've never heard of any of the prospects besides Kapanen and that's only because he was in the Pens system for a year

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
Detroit needs Dekeyser more than they need the possible upgrade they'd get from the prospects in this swap. Our defense is quite simply atrocious with or without Dekeyser and as such if our most reliable defender goes in a trade like this, we simply can not cope with a defender that'd upgrade our offense.

Simply put, we can't afford to lose him unless we get another solid defensive guy at the same time, or in another trade.

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
Q4T9GMXRH

What exactly are people basing this 'Dekeyser is the better defensive defenseman stuff off of?

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
and if anyone would be kind enough to explain to me how to embed a hero chart directly into a post rather than as an attached image, I'd really appreciate it.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Q4T9GMXRH

What exactly are people basing this 'Dekeyser is the better defensive defenseman stuff off of?

wings would have to add significantly to dekeyser to get gardiner out of TO.

elite advanced stats. hopefully he gets some time with a guy like zaitsev and not an anchor like polak/corrado

ForSpareParts*

This is a good proposal and shouldn't be shot down so quickly.

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
Its a very lateral proposal so it should be shot down as it accomplishes little.

This is a one-sided proposal favouring Detroit and should be shot down. Toronto would be giving away the better Defensman and the better prospect.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Gardiner's not going to be a #1 defenseman and i'm as big a fan of his as it gets. Don't see a deal happening here at all.

ForSpareParts*

Its a very lateral proposal so it should be shot down as it accomplishes little.

Lateral moves need to happen. Sometimes a small shake up helps both sides. Maybe Gardiner is a better fit in a different system or with different team mates.

You can't exactly measure anything other then the potential.

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
Lateral moves need to happen. Sometimes a small shake up helps both sides. Maybe Gardiner is a better fit in a different system or with different team mates.

You can't exactly measure anything other then the potential.

How exactly is Gardiner not a good fit in his current system?

And you've got it backwards. You can exactly measure everything except potential.

ForSpareParts*

How exactly is Gardiner not a good fit in his current system?

And you've got it backwards. You can exactly measure everything except potential.

Gardiner is too soft to play for Toronto (downy soft - loses puck battles to players who are 40 pounds/8 inches smaller)

If DeKeyser has a better defensive game and is not as soft I would certainly take him.

Toronto had John Michael Liles. They currently have Bozak and Gardiner. All of them are legends in The Soft Player Hall of Fame.

I accept this trade proposal.

ForSpareParts*

Stop going to the angry dismissive response well so much.

Try to articulate your ideas more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad