Proposal: Leafs/Wings big deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Good thing you're not a GM

Gardiner has done nothing to separate himself from Dekeyser. Gardiner is the better puck mover, Dekeyser is the better defender. Yes, yes I know some blogger from Toronto wrote an article about Gardiner being an "elite shot suppressor" you don't need to rebuttal with that argument. And I really doubt Holland would trade Dekeyser for Gardiner. You know an actual NHL GM not a guy on the internet inferring people are stupid.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Today I learned there are probably ~200 bluechip prospects in the league(or more)

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Gardiner has done nothing to separate himself from Dekeyser. Gardiner is the better puck mover, Dekeyser is the better defender. Yes, yes I know some blogger from Toronto wrote an article about Gardiner being an "elite shot suppressor" you don't need to rebuttal with that argument. And I really doubt Holland would trade Dekeyser for Gardiner. You know an actual NHL GM not a guy on the internet inferring people are stupid.

" please tell me how Gardiner is better but you can't use this stat I don't like as proof. Also, I think the GM of my favourite wouldn't trade Dekeyser for Gardiner so I'm going to act like Holland has come out and said he thinks Dekeyser is better"

I'm going to use the same logic you did. Gardiner is better than dekeseyer because I don't think Lameirello would trade him. You know, an actual NHL GM

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
" please tell me how Gardiner is better but you can't use this stat I don't like as proof. Also, I think the GM of my favourite wouldn't trade Dekeyser for Gardiner so I'm going to act like Holland has come out and said he thinks Dekeyser is better"

I'm going to use the same logic you did. Gardiner is better than dekeseyer because I don't think Lameirello would trade him. You know, an actual NHL GM

In his defense, Dekeyser grew up around the Wings.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I think its clear both sides value their own players so no deal. DD is a MI kid hes not going any where any time soon.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Because the stat doesn't mean anything. Unless your going to say that Gardiner is better than Doughty or say Brendan Smith is better than Reilly. Unless now you don't want to argue purely based on this stat? Dekeyser is much more poised and less mistake prone in his own zone than Gardiner. But you can just keep posting insults without any sort of constructive argument though.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Because the stat doesn't mean anything. Unless your going to say that Gardiner is better than Doughty or say Brendan Smith is better than Reilly. Unless now you don't want to argue purely based on this stat? Dekeyser is much more poised and less mistake prone in his own zone than Gardiner. But you can just keep posting insults without any sort of constructive argument though.

So he's less mistake prone and poised in his own end, but Gardiner has better stats correlating to those specifics (shot suppression and possession)
That's a cool story though!

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

Stats don't mean anything? Only things that matter are your opinion and you somehow knowing that Holland agrees with your opinion.

I don't remember insulting you. Don't be so sensitive

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Doesn't make sense for the leafs. Gardiner is better than DeKeyser. And Kappenen is worth more than those two prospects.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
So he's less mistake prone and poised in his own end, but Gardiner has better stats correlating to those specifics (shot suppression and possession)

Stats don't mean anything, dude.

All that matters is that Tatar Shots knows Holland agrees with his opinion.

Are you new here?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

This is also the reason you wouldn't trade him for a scrub like Doughty right?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
This is also the reason you wouldn't trade him for a scrub like Doughty right?

Did anyone ever say that? Hyperbole at its finest. Of course you move Gardiner for DD. You don't move him for an overpaid #4/5 at best.
Here's a quick test on value. What do the general consensus think of each players contract?
If I recall Gardiners is considered one of the leagues better deals, where as people were laughing at holland for the deal he recently handed out this summer.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Did anyone ever say that? Hyperbole at its finest. Of course you move Gardiner for DD. You don't move him for an overpaid #4/5 at best.
Here's a quick test on value. What do the general consensus think of each players contract?
If I recall Gardiners is considered one of the leagues better deals, where as people were laughing at holland for the deal he recently handed out this summer.

Lol so the stats prove that Gardiner is better than Dekeyser but they don't prove that he is better than Doughty? All your doing is picking and choosing when the stat suits you. Their contracts were signed at different times and Dekeyser's is almost entirely a UFA contract. Both players have fair contracts, wouldn't call either one a bargain.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
How do you turn this into a pissing match every single time. The dmen are about even, the prospects aren't. Nobody wants to do the trade. That should be the end

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Big deal as in two potential #1 defenders and 3 blue chip prospects getting dealt

There is none of that in this trade. Neither of those defensemen are or could become #1 guys, at least not in the NHL. All three prospects are ok to good but to me none are "blue chip".

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Lol so the stats prove that Gardiner is better than Dekeyser but they don't prove that he is better than Doughty? All your doing is picking and choosing when the stat suits you. Their contracts were signed at different times and Dekeyser's is almost entirely a UFA contract. Both players have fair contracts, wouldn't call either one a bargain.

They don't prove he's better than Doughty though.
They don't prove B.Smith's better than Doughty either.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Toronto laughs. When they are running away with the best defenseman of the bunch, that is.

Goddamn, would they enjoy having Saarijärvi. What a beast. :laugh:

just a big believer in him

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Toronto laughs. When they are running away with the best defenseman of the bunch, that is.

Goddamn, would they enjoy having Saarijärvi. What a beast. :laugh:

just a big believer in him
There are some who would think it little of you for holding that opinion.

Also, fwiw, I don't think detroit or Toronto would do this deal.

And right now turgeons ceiling seems to be good 3rd line 2way c, he has everything you look for in a prospect, good size, above average skating, hands, good hockey iq, and he's a leader.

And I think he will have a couple of years where he produces like a top 6 center, but I think they'll be outliers to what he actually is. And I'm saying 40-50 points peak production, nothing elite, but enough for someone to give him the contract to be a high end 2nd line c, where he'll flounder.

He could surprise, he does have a lot going for him, and the wings won't rush him which will help, but I don't see him becoming anything more than you can find for a decent price on the Ufa market.

I also think Saarijärvi will be good enough to to overcome the disadvantage his size has afforded him. I don't think he'll be as good, but he reminds me a lot of Vatanen.

Last edited:

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Kapanen was a tweener in the Finnish league after he started playing with men... what makes him such a great prospect in the NHL now? honestly its not like he dominated on a very good AHL Marlie team either faaaaar from blue chip I doubt he will even be in our top 6 and he his game is not made for the 3/4th line.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Kapanen was a tweener in the Finnish league after he started playing with men... what makes him such a great prospect in the NHL now? honestly its not like he dominated on a very good AHL Marlie team either faaaaar from blue chip I doubt he will even be in our top 6 and he his game is not made for the 3/4th line.

40 pts in 69 AHL games as an 18-19 year old junior aged player....
Next year he will be the same age as most rookies so maybe it will be fair to compare then?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
lawl. same guy who thinks trouba returns a top pair LHD, 1st rd, top prospect and vet dman right?

can't see many agreeing with your ridiculous valuations, being a notable leaf haters doesnt help either..why even post if you dislike the team that much its gonna cloud your judgement?

trollworthy

Dude, chill. I'm a Finn and I love the way Saarijärvi plays. Of course I know that both Gardiner and DeKeyser are better and Saarijärvi might never even make it, but if that bothers you so much, it's honestly your own problem.

And I guess I hate many other teams as well, if not worshipping every Leafs player makes me a hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad