Proposal: Leafs/Wings big deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
The leafs need to improve their defence. Dekyser doesn't bring anything that gardiner can't do, but better. Also the wings aren't going to do this. Pass on both sides

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This seems like a deal that teams would rather just keep what they have. It is unlikely one team wins over the other, but I'm sure the Wings say no first given they give up more pieces

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Big deal as in two potential #1 defenders and 3 blue chip prospects getting dealt

Someone people will call anyone a blue chip prospect. Am I the only one who reserves that for the top end prospects and not just good ones?

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Kap was the center piece in the Kessel deal, extremely valuable

Turgeon projects as a top 6 center

Saarijärvi is highly regarded by the Finnish National program as a future top flight defender with a bomb of a shot

None of this is true. Kapanen is a good prospect and certainly better than the other two, but not a bluechip. Turgeon projects as a bottom 6 defensive center and Vili is 5'9 and no defense for a dman. Pretty good on offense though

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
defensively
DeKeyser >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gardiner
Offensively
Gardiner >>>>>>>>>>>>> DeKeyser
this is a wash...

when it comes to prospect, at first glance I'd take Kapanen over both Red Wings but my gut feelings are calling BUST on all 3... so was there as well.

With all that being said, you now need to look at contracts...
I prefer Gardiner's situation, so Leafs lose that one

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Both have draft pedigree, both play on their respective team's top pairings FREQUENTLY and thrive under pressure. Gardiner having the better offensive edge and DD with the better defensive edge.

How does Danny DeKeyser have draft pedigree as a FA signee?

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Don't know a ton about the wing prospects but I'd rather have Gardiner versus Dekeyser so that portion I'm not fond of.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I wouldn't call swapping 2nd pairing dmen, who don't really have much room to grow, a big deal. That said, both teams would probably rather stick with their guys

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Pretty awful for Toronto. Factoring in contracts, Gardiner is a lot more valuable than DeKeyser. Kapanen is still a top 50-60 prospect in the league or so, that's more value than the two Red Wings guys. Not close.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Not even really that close for Toronto.

Turgeon and Vili would be in the 25-35 range of the Leafs prospect pool IMO. Kapanen is in the tier just after the 3 big blue chips.

I'd rather stick with Gardiner then make a move for Dekeyser as well.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Wouldn't take that alone for Gardiner nevermore adding Kapanen. OP hasn't lost his touch for terrible proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad