Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
giphy.gif

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
The difference of good goaltending vs bad goaltending...

That gane with Samsonov in net, leafs trailing like 4-1 after 24 minutes and leafs should force play to come back in the game... but unstead Woll made huge save in 1st and beggining of second... leafs scored 2 fast goal and took full control of this game at the 3-0 and protected his lead pretty well except on pk for the rest of the game

So at the end we talk about everything positive unstead of talking about how bad had been... because it was easily the worst game leafs played this season.

Maybe best game leafs played was vs habs but we talked about how much leafs was trash and bad defensivly...

the difference is Woll had been spectacular and Samsonov unable to stop anything difficult...

Hope it will still the case to finally get kind of goaltending leafs never had since belfour and Cujo

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Which is hilarious, because he scouted AND developed this one...

Would have thought Leaf fans would have learned this from the Ron Wilson era...
People are going to point out that Dubas didn’t draft Woll.

But those same people will refuse to give Dubas any credit if any of the guys he did draft turn into studs

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Kyle,dubas was an absolute failure in scouting goalies, just crazy how bad he was I’m glad he’s in pitt, he can rot with that aging core

Goalie taking 6-7+ years most of the time to develop

Shesterkins started as #1 at 24 D+6
Sorokin at 25 D+6
Saros between 24 and 25
Oettinger at 23
Hellebuyck 23
Gibso 23
Vasilevskiy 22

Big majority of goalie will become starter over 25...

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
His name is Woll. What a game from him.

I wish more teams would leave Matthew’s uncovered at the dot during power plays.

Nylander and Tavares are fire right now. 6 games 10 points each. Each with a signature goal tonight.

Rielly off to a strong offensive season

Good road third period.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sometimes you just have to ride the hot hand. I hope they keep going back to Woll unless there's a back to back or he comes back down to earth.

A weird game where the Leafs capitalized on the few chances they had. It was very disjointed, especially the PP.

Reactions: PeE eL DuBoiS

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Sometimes you just have to ride the hot hand. I hope they keep going back to Woll unless there's a back to back or he comes back down to earth.

A weird game where the Leafs capitalized on the few chances they had. It was very disjointed, especially the PP.
I don’t see any way they will give him that kind of workload. Woll’s previous season high in games played was 37 games back in college.
He is looking like the 1A at this point but even believing that he needs to share the net to keep him at a manageable number of starts

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Good to see Woll doing well. He’s taking the ball and running with it, as he should.

Don’t know about everyone else, but I don’t remember the last time that Tom Wilson was as much of a non-factor in a game against Washington than he was tonight.

Is he that afraid of Reeves? Guy was completely invisible and none of his usual bullshit. Nice to see.

Still really wish Dubas had expanded the Sandin trade to snag Jensen. He would have been an amazing addition. I’m wondering if he’s already regretting to signing that extension with Washington. They are looking really bad.

Nice to win. On to the next one.

Cheers,

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Woke up late and just finished watching the 1st period. Woll plays such a composed game, very patient. His lateral movement is controlled. He hasn't been swimming past the post and while there have been a few reflex saves, the majority are made through solid, square positioning to the shooter. Nice to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad