GDT: Leafs vs Wings: Friday in Sweden 2pm [TSN4]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I wonder if most Swedes will be Detroit or Toronto fans?
My guess is Detroit, but who knows. Sundin was fantastic when playing for Sweden. I found Leafs through Sundin. Might be 50-50. Maby the white and blue feels to close to the Finnish flag that some Swedes instinctly shy back like vampires watching the sunrise . In my case i just try not to think about that. If someone are in need to change colors its Finland!
I have several Swedish friends, who are Leafs fans from the Salming days, peace be with him.

Salming brought a generation of Swedes to Leaf Nation, and they haven't left. Sundin just deepened the love.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Anyone know the name of the Arena they are playing in?

I'm lucky I have both Friday and Sunday off.

Gonna be kinda weird cracking a beer at 8am on Sunday lol, but I will!

And then Vegas Grand Prix is at 1am Sunday morning and I need to watch that spectacle as well.......

Looking forward to it actually. Sports at weird times and my days off line up perfectly! Woo!
Treat it like tailgating. Set up a tent in your back yard, grill something, and a have a few while watching the sunrise waiting for the game.

• Haha
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Anyone know the name of the Arena they are playing in?

I'm lucky I have both Friday and Sunday off.

Gonna be kinda weird cracking a beer at 8am on Sunday lol, but I will!

And then Vegas Grand Prix is at 1am Sunday morning and I need to watch that spectacle as well.......

Looking forward to it actually. Sports at weird times and my days off line up perfectly! Woo!
Avicii Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I didn't know it was called Avicii arena, that's pretty cool. Avicii was a legend in the electronic music world, what he accomplished and contributed to the genre before the age of 30 was quite remarkable.

It makes me sad every time I hear that arena referenced, I was so devastated when he died.

Reactions: 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It makes me sad every time I hear that arena referenced, I was so devastated when he died.
You and me both. I don't usually mourn celebrity deaths but that one hit me pretty hard as he was quite influential in getting me into the genre and cementing my love for EDM. Levels came out when I was in first year of university and it was the track of the year.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
It’s a guarantee Willy extends his point streak tomorrow… no possible way he doesn’t put points on the board.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm really looking forward to the 2 PM game time. Perfect way to welcome the early weekend.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It’s a guarantee Willy extends his point streak tomorrow… no possible way he doesn’t put points on the board.
It doesn't hurt that Detroit is atrocious defensively and in net. It would be shocking if the Leafs don't put up 5 or 6 goals in this game.

Reactions: WillyC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad