GDT: Leafs vs Wings: Friday in Sweden 2pm [TSN4]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why is that a bad opponent? Last game against Minny was very entertaining
Where the teams are right now, Minny and the Leafs has that Monday night in Febuary feel. Which it may actuall be better to get it out of the way on a Sunday at 7 am.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Where the teams are right now, Minny and the Leafs has that Monday night in Febuary feel. Which it may actuall be better to get it out of the way on a Sunday at 7 am.
The schedule was made months ago. Where they are now has no bearing on any of it.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Flying to Stockholm to watch both games.

As a Leafs fan who has lived in the UK for the past decade I've waited for this for a long time. Two games with a day in-between to catch some sights. And it's the regular season! Stop whining about the start times!
If you drive you could change your username to Chunnel Schenn. This is cool for you. Have a great trip.

Reactions: Jojalu

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

As a Leafs fan who has lived in the UK for the past decade I've waited for this for a long time. Two games with a day in-between to catch some sights. And it's the regular season! Stop whining about the start times!
That's awesome! Hope you have a great time.

As soon as these games were announced I looked at flights to Sweden but sadly it was a bit too much money from Toronto as I am saving for a trip to New Zealand and Fiji in March/April. I've been to Stockholm once and would have loved to go to the games.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
“The first couple of days will be tough, but we’re pretty much going to go from the plane to practice, with a quick stop at the hotel for lunch to help try and keep everybody awake. Then get on Stockholm time (six hours ahead of Eastern) and go from there.” Keefe - Hornby

No matter what I do after a multi time zone trip, I’m always messed up for days. Hopefully as pro athletes with a health science team tracking their sleep, food, activities will have a greater effect than my “stay up, eat, drink as much as I can until I pass out” technique.

Reactions: johan f

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
“The first couple of days will be tough, but we’re pretty much going to go from the plane to practice, with a quick stop at the hotel for lunch to help try and keep everybody awake. Then get on Stockholm time (six hours ahead of Eastern) and go from there.” Keefe - Hornby

No matter what I do after a multi time zone trip, I’m always messed up for days. Hopefully as pro athletes with a health science team tracking their sleep, food, activities will have a greater effect than my “stay up, eat, drink as much as I can until I pass out” technique.
Are they travelling today?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Will the be playing on NHL size ice or big ice?

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Will the be playing on NHL size ice or big ice?
1699976433687.png

Looks like Olympic ice yes?

edit: Avicii Arena details - Eurohockey.com

Ya 60m*30m; 200 by 100

Reactions: ACC1224

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Like the Olympics the wider ice helps teams keep players further from the net.
Part of why Olympic games can be so boring

That is true but it also gives players more room in the neutral zone to burst past defenders and doesn't allow them too as easily cut off plays by just angling someone towards the boards.

Reactions: ACC1224

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad

Wish i could afford this..i live in Romania so this would probably was my only chance ever seeing the Leafs live...anyway Go Leafs Go

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This reminds me of a preseason trip to Sweden the Leafs made about 20 years ago to play against 3 of their domestic clubs.

JFJ was our GM and Pat Quinn was our coach (RIP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad