GDT: Leafs vs Philly 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Play this DULL and never scoring game and make sure nobody wants these dull players who never score and win. Horachek's system kills us in so many ways.

Also why even bother to continue with this system? Next season there's a different coach who certainly DOES NOT play so defensively horachek plays. No coach will do so in todays NHL. Not with these players. There's no good plan going on right now. Play dull and still want to sell players. That there is not possible. They can't even score, nobody wants them.

Our players should be scoring goals and still losing. period.

Made the games exciting win or lose

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Yeah, never liked listening to that bunch. I actually mute them and watch the game without sound haha.

I really don't know why Joe isn't doing them on TV anymore i.e. did he decide to leave or did Rogers choose not to continue with him?

I actually don't know why he isn't doing them anymore. Frankly, I only follow the on ice product and moves in management. Not the broadcasters :laugh:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Flyers haven't lost in regulation this season when leading after 2. Good news.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Horachek's team scores ZERO goals, I repeat ZERO.

Do I somehow win the argument because I said the same thing twice.

That seems to be the strategy you are using.

:facepalm: Both are not good enough. Not sure whats so hard to understand. Randy had long enough, he didn't have success, so he was fired. If this coach continues to not have success, he will also be gone. Its the way the business world works. If you don't produce results you get replaced. This process continues until you find someone that does produce results. Pretty basic business practice.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Again, both are not good enough. Randy had ZERO, I repeat, ZERO playoff series wins. ZERO. A change needed to be made.

Horache's maple leafs team will never ever see a playoff run. Carlyle's team did it and is the only that has done it in 10 ****in years in toronto. This organization is that poor and shameful.

Horachek only plays dull game where nobody scores. If you sir want to trade like franson, kadri, phaneuf, kessel, lupul or santorelli then you just can't do that right now. They are not scoring and showing anything special. Nobody wants them. Good plan by the management.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Horachek has zero motivation skills as a coach. It just proves you need more than X's and O's to be a success in this league. He can wax poetic on reducing shots on goal, playing the right way, back pressure, possession all he wants. But if you can't get the players to play with passion. He will always be a worse coach than Carlyle. Much worse.
Yep, also hora will never win the stanley cup like carlyle did.

Of course carly did mistakes here in toronto and lost some big games. But he also won many many times. He played with the right strategy with these players. He understood the players and the talent they had. With carlyle our players would be losing this season but they'd had more value and we'd get better players by trades.... with hora, nobody wants to even look at this horrible... dull white team.

horner

May 22, 2007
You're right if that's what we offered. After lowballing him a few times, he will want a nice fat payday

Good go and find your lump of gold

Trade trade

Our defence want be any worse

Sign another veteran for mil

We spent seem to miss Dion

I think

Morgan and Gardiner we grown into men

Polak
Holzer
Granberg
Loov
Percy
Fa veteran for a mil

We can't be any worse

Maybe we will get defence man with our first pic

Provorov
Kylington

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Horache's maple leafs team will never ever see a playoff run. Carlyle's team did it and is the only that has done it in 10 ****in years in toronto. This organization is that poor and shameful.

Horachek only plays dull game where nobody scores. If you sir want to trade like franson, kadri, phaneuf, kessel, lupul or santorelli then you just can't do that right now. They are not scoring and showing anything special. Nobody wants them. Good plan by the management.

We are playing a better team game. This system just exposes us more in the fact that we are just not talented enough. Might be a blessing in disguise. We need to get better.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
:laugh:

Amazing work rate and defensive awareness. Our goals against has increased since Horachek's take over.

Unless our goalies get a shutout every night, we are not going to win. Amazing defense first system. Sustainable Winning. CORSI, Fenwick

I've said this to you before, so this feels a bit repetitive, but you can't compare Horachek now to Carlyle's entire tenure. He took over the team in a big slump and it has stayed that way. Compared to how much goals we let in under Carlyle in that slump, our goals against are actually down.

And I'm not saying anything. I'm mentioning what others think watching our team play. I'm not like some who only say things when they have an agenda. I say things that some people might find interesting.

You insinuating we are better. Really we are better for the younger players moving past this year. Nothing else though. I remember getting taunted in the fire Carlyle thread when I maintained that Carlyle was not to blame for the way the players were out competed.

I don't think they are competing hard for Horry either though in retrospect. This team is coach killers. Why the trades haven't started already is really surprising. Horry is hardly to blame for this either though. He is riding these guys hard to play defense and putting them away wet.

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm reporting what opponent announcers are saying because I thought some people might think that would be interesting to hear.

leafstilldeath*

So next season do we want Horachek and Spott behind the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad