GDT: Leafs vs Philly 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
On a related note, this is like the third game in the last four where the opponent announcers talk about how much improved our game looks compared to last time they faced us.

You insinuating we are better. Really we are better for the younger players moving past this year. Nothing else though. I remember getting taunted in the fire Carlyle thread when I maintained that Carlyle was not to blame for the way the players were out competed.

I don't think they are competing hard for Horry either though in retrospect. This team is coach killers. Why the trades haven't started already is really surprising. Horry is hardly to blame for this either though. He is riding these guys hard to play defense and putting them away wet.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Is the Rogers deal in CAD or USD? Does anyone know? That 5.2B makes a huge difference right now if it's in CAD.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
David Clarkson, Joffrey Lupul, Tyler Bozak, Dion Phaneuf, Jake Gardiner.

Wouldn't move Naz before any of these guys. All of them are paid far more, and have frustrated far more times than Kadri has.

Come next season Kadri will be in the same group if he gets paid anything near what he wants.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Why start reimer... unless you WANT to lose again? Pretty surprised though that this coach horachek wants to lose... AGAIN. I mean who does that. How many games in a season can you even lose? Meaning if you coach like 30 games and lose 25... LOL. What a LOSER.

Nonis offered Franson $4.6 million per year?:facepalm:

Why does he still have a job again?

That means he is going to get 5+ in FA. I feel sorry for them.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It doesn't matter how many scoring chances you get. It matters what the quality of scoring chances are.

Blaming it on luck is an ignorant statement.

PDO is luck and right now we're not getting any.

When the Leafs were piling the net they had enormously high PDO. IIRC, Leafs were the only team shooting at above 11% at one point.

leafstilldeath*

Is the Rogers deal in CAD or USD? Does anyone know? That 5.2B makes a huge difference right now if it's in CAD.

International deals are always in USD

NHL(american) - Rogers (Canadian) deal would have been in USD no doubt

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
:laugh:

Amazing work rate and defensive awareness. Our goals against has increased since Horachek's take over.

Unless our goalies get a shutout every night, we are not going to win. Amazing defense first system. Sustainable Winning. CORSI, Fenwick

This doesn't apply to the Leaf before or now. We are not good at either of those things.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am not watching the game but I don't want Cody Franson for 4.6M...Thank god he'll get more as a UFA.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
PDO is luck and right now we're not getting any.

When the Leafs were piling the net they had enormously high PDO. IIRC, Leafs were the only team shooting at above 11% at one point.

So you are blaming luck :laugh:

What a brilliant argument.

We can't score for the last 10 games because we have bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad