Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames Wed Dec 6 @ 7:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
wish we could have a real meritocracy. There are at least 3 wingers who should be on the 4th line ahead of nylander but no earning your minutes only applies to Nylander, marner and brown it appears

Yup, vets are exempt. Or "safe" players :)

Bozak back - wonderful....

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I'm not sure why that would be a point?. Daryl Sutter has two Stanley Cups in the past 7 years. He's currently unemployed. If you had given a team full of Price, Crosby, Getzlaf, Doughty. He would have gotten you few medals

This game out adapts you very quickly. Your old ways doesn't always work

Steve Dangle put it very nicely. The present doesn't care about the past

This is exactly it. Burke won a cup, Carlyle won a cup , Ron Wilson inducted into US HHOF - didn't mean a thing when they were here

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
lol.

bozak back at practice.

willy back on the 4th line.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
It would have been too risky to play Willy at C right when he's starting to round back into form. If the line had a disastrous start and got burned for a couple goals then the confidence is out the window again and the slump continues.

To be back on the fourth line though, I guess one more game wouldn't hurt. It did work out great for him on the road trip so hopefully he can have another great game and get back on the top line once and for all so he (and we) can move on.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

In a away I'm glad he's back but I would have liked to see what Nylander can do as the centerman going forward, so I guess the Jury is out until he gets sometime at center.

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
ok this is better:

Jonas Siegel @jonassiegel
26s
Mike Babcock says he told William Nylander to be ready to play centre in the event that Bozak can't play vs. Calgary. Added: "Over time we'll just keep working in practice, Willy down low and stuff like that so when it's time he can just jump in and play centre."

This is good news, Maybe we will see Nylander at center.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
ok this is better:

26s
Mike Babcock says he told William Nylander to be ready to play centre in the event that Bozak can't play vs. Calgary. Added: "Over time we'll just keep working in practice, Willy down low and stuff like that so when it's time he can just jump in and play centre."
This is awesome news.
There is also no reason that Bozak can't drop to 4th line (based on play this year) and have Willy set up at C.
At home at the very least where Babcock has the preferred matchup. For an organization busting with wingers and little to no centers, this also makes sense.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hey Bozak;

Just take time off man; you need to recover fully. Here try some food I got from this joint in the hood; that would make you feel good

:sarcasm:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
ok this is better:

26s
Makes sense. It's always good to have guys that can move into a position in a pinch, like Marleau.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
wish we could have a real meritocracy. There are at least 3 wingers who should be on the 4th line ahead of nylander but no earning your minutes only applies to Nylander, marner and brown it appears
No Team is a "meritocracy"', Teams are Dictatorships.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't think Marleau can really handle C. I think the first game he moved there he was fine but the last couple his line has really struggled.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The crappiest looking places in the hood usually have the best and most authentic food

that's precisely the point! Entice Bozak into eating the best food where someone may or may not have coughed or sneezed on it. Oh and the food is definitely not past its expiration date

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad