Confirmed with Link: Leafs to sign Woll to 3 year extension on July 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
not at all seeing the Frederik Andersen comparison being discussed

Andersen had 153 games (28 of them in the playoffs, including taking his team to the conference finals) under his belt when we traded for him and gave him the 5x5

Reactions: LeafEgo

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
dump him. No "no move, no trade" clauses.
I am just not quite understanding why reports were saying rhe Leafs had made a substantial offer for Markstrom, then rushed to sign Woll a couple of days later.

It's not a bad signing by any means, but it does seem like a little bit of a panic move.

Lots of potential to work out great for the Leafs.

Reactions: rumman

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
After sleeping on the rumour, I feel better about putting a bet on Woll and hoping he is healthy than I would if we had just dealt our first and, say, Liljegren, for Markstrom.

But i don't feel great yet.
The bottom line for me is feel free to try new and different things, just make sure you can get out of those things as well. No full NMC, etc.

Reactions: Macallan18

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Because Woll wouldn't agree to less? Pretty simple really.
Stop talking like you're Woll's agent and you know what his price is. It's not simple. The contract isn't even signed yet, but you know his price and all the moving parts that Treliving is dealing with?

Reactions: The Iceman

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I'm glad there making this move, I had brought up the idea about a month ago I was hoping more in the 2.5 range but hoping for closer to the 3.5 if rumor is correct. I like the player think he can be a very good goalie in the league if he can stay healthy. 4 years is also good timing if Hildeby ever develops to be a starter we could move on from Woll before paying him big money.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Kyle Spreadsheet Dubious would have given him 5x8 and a full NMC.
True that, but it doesn’t excuse Tre from not getting him signed to a better number imo……..

I am just not quite understanding why reports were saying rhe Leafs had made a substantial offer for Markstrom, then rushed to sign Woll a couple of days later.

It's not a bad signing by any means, but it does seem like a little bit of a panic move.

Lots of potential to work out great for the Leafs.
1719365541402.jpeg

Reactions: Jojalu

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
He didn't have to sign now though.

He could have played out the year and then taken the Leafs to arbitration after next season and then head to free agency after that.
Thats a lot of crystal ball stuff. And if he only played 10 games how much do you think an arbitrator would have given him? Again, crystal ball stuff.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Thats a lot of crystal ball stuff. And if he only played 10 games how much do you think an arbitrator would have given him? Again, crystal ball stuff.

Well he's still under contract for another year so he'd have the ability to use whatever games he plays then during his arbitration case - but that's not even the issue, it's that he could use arbitration to avoid having to sign a medium or longer term deal and just hit free agency.

I suspect the Leafs saw this as their best opportunity to get him at term at a lower rate otherwise they likely wouldn't have the opportunity to easily do so again.

That said it's obviously still a gamble

Reactions: NMacrules

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
A good bet extension. Woll has been good to great for most of his pro career and the Leafs should have given him a lot more starts last 2 seasons. I'm a believer of him. I'd rather do this then spend top dollar for a marginal goaltender again. It's a risk based on health and experience but this is how you get bargains and a long-term goaltender option.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
3Yr Contract Extension (July 1st) for G Woll in the neighborhood between $ 3.5M - $4M AAV

what's the final tally ?

no report yet.

Note: Capfriendly is going away. The Washington Capitals bought it.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Love it. Yes injuries are a concern no doubt but this dude is still young is a stud. Can easily be our #1 moving forward. He's shown that when healthy

Lot of of his injuries have been just unlucky. Here's hoping he stays healthy
Love it. Yes injuries are a concern no doubt but this dude is still young is a stud. Can easily be our #1 moving forward. He's shown that when healthy

Lot of of his injuries have been just unlucky. Here's hoping he stays healthy
He is this weeks future. Through 40 +\- games he’s put up Jack Campbell numbers.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Where is the link confirming this? If the info in the title refers to the tweet in the first post, I don't think the OP understands what 'confirmed with link' means.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Glad I am not the only one who has an issue with this potential deal.

Woll has proven only one thing so far - he's injury prone. Very limited sample size for this supposed over pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad