Confirmed with Link: Leafs to sign Woll to 3 year extension on July 1st

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Love it. Yes injuries are a concern no doubt but this dude is still young is a stud. Can easily be our #1 moving forward. He's shown that when healthy

Lot of of his injuries have been just unlucky. Here's hoping he stays healthy

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
That is incredibly risky for a goaltender with 43 career regular season and playoff games combined, that has never been a starter, and has a long history of injury concerns.
He is an RFA after his deal. Why are we rushing this?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Health is the only thing stopping this dude becoming a legit goalie in this league.

Ya'll have no idea how much confidence i got when I saw woll come in from Samsonov starting from game 5.

He's the guy. Im 100% sure Treliving and the staff are already training with him this offseason to make him stronger

This would suggest we're going pretty cheap on a goalie this year if we're putting that kinda coin into Woll
Coin wont be until start of next season, which by the might look like a steal

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Overall a weird interaction. Why break this 7 days before you can make it official and why pay him that much. Would the number have been that much higher if he played 30-35 games next year?

Well, he'd be a UFA and if Broissoit and Stolarz can get somewhere around $3M then surely the younger guy will get more.

Nevermind, he's still an RFA. I guess it's slight overpay.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It's a gamble but it could seriously pay off if Woll proves his poor health up to this point has been a fluke and the excellent play we've seen from him can continue. Four years of sub $4 million goaltending as a starter will be great value if it works out.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
bit rich for my liking. However, I enjoy the fact we are trying to get ahead of signing players before they have a huge breakout instead of waiting until they are top top dollar.

Hopefully we have a Knies one announced soon as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad